Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
  Search this Thread
15,688,743 views
Old 25th February 2024, 13:02   #15751
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Delhi-NCR(HR13)
Posts: 71
Thanked: 81 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Bhpians please advise regarding fair price of following vehicles
1. Skoda Superb Petrol MT
Year of registration- 2019
DELHI registered
50k run approximately
1st owner
Source- OLX (Seems like a direct owner listing)
Price mentioned -15 lakhs

2. VW Jetta Comfortline Petrol MT
2016
2nd owner
55k ODO reading
Price-7.25 lakhs
Dealer listing
Tanmay_868 is offline  
Old 25th February 2024, 20:33   #15752
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 17
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

How much can I expect for a very less driven mileage of just 4500 kms Maruti Celerio VXi AMT (O) 2020 model, 1st owner, comprehensive insurance till Jan '25?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th February 2024 at 11:04. Reason: Typos
rajkir80 is offline  
Old 4th March 2024, 13:05   #15753
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: DEL, SFO
Posts: 901
Thanked: 2,838 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
2. VW Jetta Comfortline Petrol MT
2016
2nd owner
55k ODO reading
Price-7.25 lakhs
Dealer listing
Reasonable price would be around 4 to 5 lakhs if this is Delhi registered as well. Jettas have a very low resale value.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 14:00   #15754
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 59
Thanked: 173 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Dear BHPians,

Please advice on a fair value for an Ecosport Diesel Titanium MT BS6 ( Mar 2021) with very low running in last 3 years (~21K). The car is HR26 (NCR-Gurugram) registered. This one is the model with Sunroof and Traction Control added in 2021.

The car has zero minor / major accidents. No part has been re-painted and all services done in ASC. The car is insured with Zero Dep, RTI, Engine Protect etc. till March 2025 and also has extended warranty till March 2026 / 100k kms.
It only has 2-3 minor scratches across the entire body and is completely in Stock condition.
Love4Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 16:24   #15755
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 17
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

A general question. Is the valuation provided by orange book value site correct or at least close to reality?

https://orangebookvalue.com/used-cars
rajkir80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 16:33   #15756
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 17
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkir80 View Post
How much can I expect for a very less driven mileage of just 4500 kms Maruti Celerio VXi AMT (O) 2020 model, 1st owner, comprehensive insurance till Jan '25?
Bumping up my own post!

I have placed adds in facebook market place to sell my car. The price quote that I generally receive from people who see adds in facebook is ridiculously low and looks like they are not serious buyers. They have a lot of data bandwith and time and just waste other's time as well.

My thought before starting to sell my car a month back was that I should be able to sell it in no time as it is a Maruti with very less kms put on the odo and it should be a cake walk. But the real scenario is different.

What would be a reasonable price that I can expect for my Maruti Celerio VXI AMT (O) 2020 model, single owner with just 5000 kms on the odo and car is in pristine condition as good as new?
rajkir80 is offline  
Old 5th March 2024, 18:00   #15757
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 811
Thanked: 2,401 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkir80 View Post
Bumping up my own post!

I have placed adds in facebook market place to sell my car. The price quote that I generally receive from people who see adds in facebook is ridiculously low and looks like they are not serious buyers. They have a lot of data bandwith and time and just waste other's time as well.

My thought before starting to sell my car a month back was that I should be able to sell it in no time as it is a Maruti with very less kms put on the odo and it should be a cake walk. But the real scenario is different.

What would be a reasonable price that I can expect for my Maruti Celerio VXI AMT (O) 2020 model, single owner with just 5000 kms on the odo and car is in pristine condition as good as new?
Many times the issue is "expectation" both from the buyer and seller. It is also a waiting game. Your car is seen as "almost" new only by you. For the buyer, its a 4 year old car. A well maintained car tilts the scales in your favor but don't expect a huge premium on that. Try putting yourself in the buyer's shoes. Will you buy the car at the price you quoted?

To move the vehicle quickly, you need to give a reasonable price. I sold my 14 year old Scooty pep in a day on OLX to a direct buyer ( negotiated and reduced 10% of listed price). Of course, I did get a whole lot of messages quoting a 50% lower price and I just ignored them.

I just checked the Orangebook value of my old WagonR and its way off (on the lower side ). They quoted 35K while similar cars are listed for 2 Lacs on Olx for Bangalore. Cars24 quoted around 1 Lac without any inspection.

Last edited by m8002? : 5th March 2024 at 18:05.
m8002? is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 01:24   #15758
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 513
Thanked: 119 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Guys please let me know what should I expect for a XUV 500 W8 (top model back then), end of 2012 model. Run for just around 41k kilometers and well maintained. No major accident. Company serviced till last year.
magikrider is offline  
Old 8th March 2024, 08:07   #15759
BHPian
 
rajivr1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 608
Thanked: 744 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Guys please let me know what should I expect for a XUV 500 W8 (top model back then), end of 2012 model. Run for just around 41k kilometers and well maintained. No major accident. Company serviced till last year.
I know category-wise it's wayyyy off..., I sold my end of 2012 Etios Liva Diesel, 45k run, no major accident, single owner for 3.7lacs. This was in Jan'24.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 13:13   #15760
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 387
Thanked: 797 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi folks I'm Just curious to know the used luxury car pricing strategy by used car dealers. For e.g a car advertised for 1.2 crore has a value of Rs. 80 lakh in Orange book value which is considered quite a decent valuation tool. So what gives? A 40L difference is INSANE. This was an extreme one but I've seen huge variations like this on a regular basis. At what value do actual transactions take place? Would love to hear from the experts on this. Thanks.
car love is offline  
Old 8th March 2024, 13:28   #15761
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 59
Thanked: 173 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Orange book value undervalued the cars. Their algorithm was more realistic before the recent price hikes in last couple of years post Covid. Now, it takes into account, last but price and adds depreciation as %age. However, we have car prices increasing faster, hence, cars retain their value more compared to Orange book value.
Love4Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 15:47   #15762
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 8,289
Thanked: 20,445 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Guys please let me know what should I expect for a XUV 500 W8 (top model back then), end of 2012 model.
Anything between Rs 7.00 to Rs 8.00 L, I believe. The model year is important for pricing. The condition, Kms run and variant though very important come only next.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 21:14   #15763
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 8,289
Thanked: 20,445 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkir80 View Post
A general question. Is the valuation provided by orange book value site correct or at least close to reality?

https://orangebookvalue.com/used-cars
The orange book appears to be Utopian for buyers and a total let down creating potential nightmares for sellers.

I wish we get cars for these rock bottom prices when we go out shopping for an used car.

Orange book valuations are about 30 to 50% of even the depreciated insurance values for older cars. The latter is sometimes 50 to 75 % of the actual market value of the respective car.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 22:11   #15764
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 6,047 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Anything between Rs 7.00 to Rs 8.00 L, I believe. The model year is important for pricing. The condition, Kms run and variant though very important come only next.
I doubt this car can fetch more than 6 lakhs in Mumbai. 6 is a very good deal in my view. 2012 Innovas are selling for about 8 lakhs.
2000rpm is offline  
Old 9th March 2024, 10:01   #15765
Senior - BHPian
 
discoverwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLR/CBE
Posts: 1,296
Thanked: 3,650 Times
Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The orange book appears to be Utopian for buyers and a total let down creating potential nightmares for sellers.

I wish we get cars for these rock bottom prices when we go out shopping for an used car.

Orange book valuations are about 30 to 50% of even the depreciated insurance values for older cars. The latter is sometimes 50 to 75 % of the actual market value of the respective car.
Actual market value depends on what we get for the car, not the value we perceive. I recently bought my Pajero Sport and used Orange Book Value as the reference point for discussion with the seller. I took the best possible price and down valued the offer based on what the car needed and quoted my price, and without bargaining I upped it by another 10K. This was because he was a very accommodative and decent person, who allowed us to take our time inspecting the car and taking it for a test drive.

The seller thought he could get more and so I gave him a month to find other buyers and notify me if there was a better offer. A month later, he got back in touch with me and the deal was struck at the same price I offered. When I asked him about the other offers he got, he said it was shameful even to mention the prices they were quoting.

Am I sad that I paid more? Not at all. I perceived value in the buy and the dignity maintained through the whole process. Everything went on smoothly.

P.S: I would pay more for a car that has done at least 7-10K kms per year than one that has run only 1-2K kms, over a period of 4-5 years.

Last edited by discoverwild : 9th March 2024 at 10:03.
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks