Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2023, 11:30   #15661
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

I am considering a Toyota Fortuner second gen, 2018 and above vehicles.

I dont mind buying a 4x2 Automatic Petrol.

Looking to purchase in Mumbai without a dealer, but the search has been very disappointing. All vehicles available are through dealers who are asking for unreasonable rates.
Do look through Facebook Marketplace as well as OLX. Search specifically for non-verified sellers. Usually you will find cross-posting across various forums. If you don't mind 4x4, look across 4x4 groups and Toyota groups on Facebook. Eventually you'll find a few examples.

My journey for the Pajero Sport took me 18 months and over 30 examples. Zeroing in on 4 and finally settling to the one I bought. I didn't give what was asked for, instead I quoted what was a good price above market value and gave the seller a month to find a better price. Eventually, he came back to me. No one even quoted close to what I did.

Never be in a hurry to close the deal. Take time and do your due diligence. Take help from a trusted friend or mechanic who knows what to look for.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:23   #15662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just sold my KA registered 2018 Alto K10 AMT to Spinny in Pune. The car is 5.5 years old, had run ~28k km and was in an overall good condition with minor city scars here and there.

Sold for 3.7 Lakh of which 14.5k was reduced to take the car back to Bangalore, so in effect a 3.55 Lakh price to me, which I think is incredible considering the car was bought for around 5 !

This great re-sale prompted me to fast track my plans and get home the Jimny I always wanted
Update - The Alto was listed on Spinny in Bangalore and sold in around 2-3 days at INR 4.26 Lakh !
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:46   #15663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Update - The Alto was listed on Spinny in Bangalore and sold in around 2-3 days at INR 4.26 Lakh !
That price of 4.26L for a 2018 AMT seems to be at par with what the likes of Spinny and TrueValue sells used Maruti cars in Bangalore these days. Had it been a 2019 model, the prices would be nearly touching 5L or so, and would have defied sense. I shared my experiences with TrueValue recently here -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=637340 (Can we trust Maruti True Value Dealers ?). Due to their high pricing , I abandoned the used car idea, and instead went for a new car booking after some hard negotiations.

Am only a member here since very recently , perhaps you would have found a buyer in me for the same price you sold it to Spinny for
TheCamShaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 13:58   #15664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post

Am only a member here since very recently , perhaps you would have found a buyer in me for the same price you sold it to Spinny for
, would have loved for the lovely Alto to stay in the community but I didn't even attempt a direct sale since the car was being used in Pune and I didn't have the time to take it back to Bangalore to list and sell, plus the great price Spinny offered didn't even make me think on those lines.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:00   #15665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
If you don't mind 4x4, look across 4x4 groups and Toyota groups on Facebook. Eventually you'll find a few examples.

My journey for the Pajero Sport took me 18 months and over 30 examples.
I am quite patient with used car purchases now. This will be my 8th car!!

I actually want a 4x2, dont need the 4x4 as I dont ever think I will need it for my usage. All I do is highway runs around Mumbai.

I saw a few Pajero sports, but the FIAT experience with service still haunts me!

Last edited by 2000rpm : 17th October 2023 at 14:02.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:32   #15666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I saw a few Pajero sports, but the FIAT experience with service still haunts me!
Not suggesting the Pajero Sport. Just take your time. Look out for Toyota Fortuner owner groups on Facebook.
Old 17th October 2023, 17:07   #15667
BHPian

What would be a good price for a 2022 Alcazar Signature P AT with 6500 on the odometer ?

I am selling mine and I want to price it correctly. I am guessing 20L but would appreciate some guidance. Spinny et al are obviously low balling it @16L which I feel is too low.

Last edited by luvDriving : 17th October 2023 at 17:11. Reason: added information
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 23:09   #15668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
What would be a good price for a 2022 Alcazar Signature P AT with 6500 on the odometer ?

I am selling mine and I want to price it correctly. I am guessing 20L but would appreciate some guidance. Spinny et al are obviously low balling it @16L which I feel is too low.
Why selling a 1yr old car?
Old 23rd October 2023, 08:09   #15669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
Why selling a 1yr old car?
Do not need such a big car. Although I am very happy with it - no issues at all but most of the times it's me and my daughter traveling within the city.

We enjoyed having it for a year but now I realize it was an impulse buy so I will sell it and shift to a smaller one - the new Tiago ev seems good.
Old 23rd October 2023, 17:11   #15670

Is 8.5Lacs good price to pay for 2021 Skoda Rapid 1L tsi AT ambition variant. Car is in immaculate condition, first owner with full service records.
Old 23rd October 2023, 18:22   #15671
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags4wheels View Post
Is 8.5Lacs good price to pay for 2021 Skoda Rapid 1L tsi AT ambition variant. Car is in immaculate condition, first owner with full service records.
Seems like a good deal to me, a 2021 model rapid 1.0L TSI AT Ambition for around 8 lakhs would be a good buy!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 22:25   #15672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
8.5L seems reasonable imo. Insist on a thorough check with a trusted mechanic and see if car has clean service history.

The Brezza 2020 is a good car but why not stretch budget slightly for a brand new Amaze CVT? Even the Magnite/Kiger CVTs could be worth a shot if you slightly relax your budget for a new car, instead of spending 8.5L on a car which is nearing 50k on the odo?
Picked up an i20 dct asta o 2022 registered with 16k on the odo at 9.3l. The i20 was much fresher and better maintained. Only thing was second owner so resale might be a bit affected.
Old 26th October 2023, 00:25   #15673
BHPian

What should be a good price for a 2015 Innova which has covered 1.15k kms? It had it's 9th B'day yesterday.

Single owner, nicely kept and regularly maintained with new Yoko Earth1 tyres.

Might exchange for the Hycross, but given it's an Innova and maintained very well, should get a good price outside it seems.
Old 26th October 2023, 06:11   #15674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post

15% off your on-road price would be the best you could get. The first two years are when cars tend to lose more value. I do not know the OTR pricing of the Alcazar, but if you're in the 15% or 17% ballpark on price, you have a good chance at closing the deal. Anything below, a buyer might consider picking up new, especially with discounts available towards the year end.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 10:13   #15675

Hello Team-bhp family, what should be the right price for buying 2017 registered Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXI+ Petrol (35k driven) MT in Mumbai? Single owner, grey color, Car seems to be in good condition (minor scratches/dents), will be verifying service records, Insurance valid till Jan 2024.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks