Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:35   #7996
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Thanks. But since the RC is now a smart card, I have heard that the hypothecation details are not mentioned on the card (in Karnataka, K R Puram RTO). Also Vahan site is not working nowadays for this service. SO not sure how to go about this.
See the picture and notice the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-rcc.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2013, 13:10   #7997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I don't think CDI and Kompressor badges come on the same variant. CDI is for diesel and the latter for petrol.
Also, Mercedes offers c220 cdi along with c200 cgi. The c250cdi got discontinued a while back (not completely sure on this though).

The buyer should definitely opt for extended warranty if possible.
You are right about the Kompressor badge. I don't see it listed against the CDI versions. So it has to be a C220 CDI BE then. And the C250 still seems to show up on the Merc India website.
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:34   #7998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viana View Post
I have been offered a I 20 diesel, 2012 model sports variant, which has run for 8k kms. I have seen the car and is in stock condition. There are no scratches or anything visible on the same. The owner is asking for 7 lakhs. Would this be a good deal
If the car is in immaculate condition then about 6.5/6.7 is a good price. But do negotiate. It's a buyers market out there. I'm sure he'll drop a few thousands.
First thing to do is take it to the Hyundai ASS or a well known garage and get the car thoroughly checked before making a move.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:07   #7999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viana View Post
I have been offered a I 20 diesel, 2012 model sports variant, which has run for 8k kms. There are no scratches or anything visible on the same. The owner is asking for 7 lakhs. Would this be a good deal
Hello Viana,

If you are very sure that the car is in real good condition, you can offer Rs. 6 to Rs. 6.4 lacs for 2012 i20 Diesel Sportz variant with 8,000 kms on ODO.

Just ensure that there is a valid reason with the owner for selling the car & the complete service history is available with no cliam bonus on insurance policy (If the policy is renewed once).

Thanks,
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:21   #8000
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What price to expect for a 2002 Indica Lsi Petrol - 1400cc (single owner) that has run for 58,000 km. All systems okay and having new lights, ac in good condition and serviced regularily.

Cheers, Sam
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:25   #8001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Thanks. But since the RC is now a smart card, I have heard that the hypothecation details are not mentioned on the card (in Karnataka, K R Puram RTO). Also Vahan site is not working nowadays for this service. SO not sure how to go about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
The RC even though a Smart Card, does show the hypo details. At least in Maharashtra it is clearly mentioned and I would think that it is standard across India. Maybe someone from KA can update us on this.
There is no Hypo info on the Smart Cards in KA. You can check the insurance papers since it would be mentioned on that if there is a Hypo.
I was at the RTO today in fact to check what documents are required to terminate the hypo.
In case someone needs to know:

-Smart Card/RC book- Original
-Form 35
-NOC from financier
-Fees paid challan

Insurance and Emission certificate copies.

Regards
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:14   #8002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hi Guys,

What price to expect for a 2002 Indica Lsi Petrol - 1400cc (single owner) that has run for 58,000 km. All systems okay and having new lights, ac in good condition and serviced regularily.

Cheers, Sam
I suggest retaining the car. Most of the people nowadays repel when you mention Petrol car.
Thanks to our ever increasing petrol prices.
If you want to get rid of it it should fetch somewhere around a lakh, max!
LOL_FWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:08   #8003
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if this actually qualifies as a price check point but here goes.

We just booked an i20 in Gurgaon; the dealer valued our Zen at 90,000.

The particulars are:

'05 Zen LXi
No accident/damage
Tyres were stock
Battery is 3 years old
Very regularly serviced, so no major repairs coming up

I wonder if they actually look at all these things (beyond damage, battery, tyres). We also got a 10,000 exchange bonus.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:27   #8004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

The particulars are:

'05 Zen LXi
No accident/damage
Tyres were stock
Battery is 3 years old

I wonder if they actually look at all these things (beyond damage, battery, tyres). We also got a 10,000 exchange bonus.
Hope this helps. I sold my zen vxi, 2004 model for 2.1 lacs in September 2012 . (I paid 3.9 lacs in 2004 onroad) this was sold to seller directly, I asked for 2.25,and ended up with 2.1 lacs. If your zen is non estilo model, there are die hard fans of pre estilo models.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2013 at 16:27.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:45   #8005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hi Guys,

Cheers, Sam
Dealers will most likely offer you anything between 30-50K max I suppose. If you can manage a direct customer and sell it off for anything between 50k-100k than it will be great deal.
TheG2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:46   #8006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congrats on booking a new car
Maruti and Hyundai cars retain a very good resale value as i know. Tata cars on the other hand is a whole different story. There are many post 2002 Zens in Maruti's true value yard in Mangalore. Starting price is from 1.5 lakh.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:57   #8007
BHPian

Hi all, I am on the lookout for a used car at around a budget of 2 lac in Bangalore. During my search i see a lot of ford ikons (petrols) under this budget mostly 2004 ~ 05 models. Is this a good buy or should i avoid? My usage will be mostly at around 600 kms/month and i want a reliable easy to maintain car. Please suggest.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:59   #8008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

The particulars are:

'05 Zen LXi
No accident/damage
Tyres were stock
Battery is 3 years old

My brother in law had exact same situation( in Bangalore). 2005 model Kerala registered zen lxi. Replacement car was the i20. Was valued at 85000. We felt that was an extremely low evaluation. One reason quoted was the Kerala registration. We took it to Kerala where it was registered and sold it for 1.6 lakhs within a day. I myself sold my 2003 model zen lxi in 2011 for 1.5 lakhs.That too I was 2nd owner and I sold to true value. I think your car deserves a better price. Try selling it directly or via maruti true value. You should get a better price.

Note: all this is in Bangalore.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:12   #8009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
My brother in law had exact same situation( in Bangalore). 2005 model Kerala registered zen lxi. Replacement car was the i20. Was valued at 85000. We felt that was an extremely low evaluation. One reason quoted was the Kerala registration. We took it to Kerala where it was registered and sold it for 1.6 lakhs within a day. I myself sold my 2003 model zen lxi in 2011 for 1.5 lakhs.That too I was 2nd owner and I sold to true value. I think your car deserves a better price. Try selling it directly or via maruti true value. You should get a better price.

Note: all this is in Bangalore.
The biggest issue is - the car is MH-registered. And my folks would rather get less money for the car than have to worry about getting the registration transferred and how and who to sell the car to. Had I been there, I would have done all that; did do it when we sold off our Corsa. But, this time convenience was much more important.

Plus, the resale value of cars in NCR is low anyway.

But yea, I understand your point. The car would have fetched a lot more had it been True Value or an individual.
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:55   #8010
BHPian

How much can I expect for Aug-2011 Polo 1.6 with 25k on odo?Well maintained with no accidents or major scratches. City: Pune

Most Viewed