Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 10:40   #7246
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Is that really possible? wash and interior cleaning could help in fetching about 75-80k .
That is exactly what I have quoted - That used car dealers will not offer you more than Rs. 75,000 for this Car (may be even less).

But if he manages to get a direct buyer, he can get a better price. Because if you scan the used car market, the (used car) dealers now-a-days are not much interested in buying / selling cars under Rs. 2 lacs as their margins in these low priced cars will be very less. Thus many times buyers have to search & buy such cars directly from seller by quoting little higher prices.

Thanks,
Old 10th May 2013, 11:18   #7247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
That is exactly what I have quoted - That used car dealers will not offer you more than Rs. 75,000 for this Car (may be even less).

But if he manages to get a direct buyer, he can get a better price. Because if you scan the used car market, the (used car) dealers now-a-days are not much interested in buying / selling cars under Rs. 2 lacs as their margins in these low priced cars will be very less. Thus many times buyers have to search & buy such cars directly from seller by quoting little higher prices.

Thanks,
True you will always get the best price from a direct buyer but I was suggesting that 75-80k is the max he could expect from a direct buyer itself. Dealers even less.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 11:23   #7248
BANNED

Fellow BHPians if you may help me with this -

Grand Vitara 2.0
Model - Apr 2007
Run - 48K (the meter might have been tampered with, it is a dealer)
Previous Owners - 2
Reg - Delhi

The guy is quoting - 4.85 L

Thanks !
Old 10th May 2013, 11:48   #7249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Grand Vitara 2.0
Model - Apr 2007
Run - 48K (the meter might have been tampered with, it is a dealer)
Previous Owners - 2
Reg - Delhi
The guy is quoting - 4.85 L
Hello Torquedo,
2 previous owners & just 48K's??!! Something seems fishy. If I were you, the max I would pay is 3.5-3.75L. Or better, avoid this car.

Take all service records from ASS & check the current NCB of the car, before taking the deal forward.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 12:32   #7250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Grand Vitara 2.0. Model - Apr 2007. Run - 48K (the meter might have been tampered with, it is a dealer). Previous Owners - 2. Reg - Delhi. The guy is quoting - 4.85 L
Hello Torquedo,

Frankly speaking I will suggest to avoid this car. Reason - it is already a second owner car & currently it is sold by a dealer. Which means service history will not be available & most probably ODO meter would have been tampered with by the used car dealer.

While buying second hand cars, generally prefer first owner cars & availability of full service history in case of high end cars.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 13:09   #7251
Senior - BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased my Honda Civic

Year of Manufacturing: 2008
Variant: S MT
Color: White
No. of Owners: 1 (me being second)
Price purchased: 4.65 (including transfer procedure)
Condition: Excellent

Please let me know if the price paid was fair...
Old 10th May 2013, 14:07   #7252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I recently purchased my Honda Civic. 2008 S MT White. No. of Owners: 1. Location: Thane (Mumbai). Price purchased: 4.65 (including transfer procedure) Condition: Excellent
Hello 2000rpm,

Welcome to T-BHP.

Rs. 4.65 for a 2008 Honda Civic MT in excellent condition is really good price. Add to the fact that Rs. 4.65 also includes transfer cost. You got this sweet deal from a used car dealer?

Hope you have read Frankmehta's thread on his (wonderful) experience with his recently purchased 2007 Honda Civic - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...matic-cng.html

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 10th May 2013 at 14:08. Reason: Link added
Old 10th May 2013, 14:09   #7253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

You have not mentioned the odo-reading nor whether it has a full service history. It seems like it was an okay price though
Old 10th May 2013, 14:09   #7254
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I think you need to specify the kms run also for an assessment. The value will be different on case it has done 65000 km vis-à-vis say 30000 km. On a side note, I am also in the market for a civic and would be glad if you could share some of your shortlisted cars along with the assessment on these.
Old 10th May 2013, 14:21   #7255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I think you need to specify the kms run also for an assessment. The value will be different on case it has done 65000 km vis-à-vis say 30000 km. On a side note, I am also in the market for a civic and would be glad if you could share some of your shortlisted cars along with the assessment on these.
Sorry Guys, missed mentioning the Odo reading

The car was run 44000 Kms (44643 to be precise), Service history was available till 38252 (approx) which I assume was the last servicing done.

I checked out multiple cars in suburban areas like Borivali, Andheri which were priced similarly but were in relative much poorer condition than the car I got.

I speciifically remember a very well maintained Civic 2008 V AT, which I rejected as I was looking for a Manual Transmission Car. You can check if its still available, will share the details with you (Time Period I am refering to is Last week of Jan 2013 )
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 18:13   #7256
BHPian

Quote:

The car was run 44000 Kms (44643 to be precise), Service history was available till 38252 (approx) which I assume was the last servicing done.

I checked out multiple cars in suburban areas like Borivali, Andheri which were priced similarly but were in relative much poorer condition than the car I got.

I speciifically remember a very well maintained Civic 2008 V AT, which I rejected as I was looking for a Manual Transmission Car. You can check if its still available, will share the details with you (Time Period I am refering to is Last week of Jan 2013 )
I think the price is wonderful. But then again, I am a newbie in the used car market. Could you kindly pm me the details of the AT please?
Old 10th May 2013, 22:32   #7257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I was offered a similar condition Safari (2008/LX/Single Owner/48k) for 4.3L in end March. By any chance it is Pear white with TNxxxx707?
Nope this was a black color car... Checked it out in person today. Turned out to be a dud!
Old 10th May 2013, 23:30   #7258
BHPian

Hi All,
I am getting a test drive car from BMW Infiniti with the below mentioned details :
320d 2012 sports line without sunroof model , mumbai registered with 21k on the odo for about 30 lacs.
Do u think it's a good idea to go in for a test drive vehicle (as I will surely purchase the 5 year BSI package) ? If yes, then at what price?
Cheers
Sid
Old 11th May 2013, 00:01   #7259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In that case the price you paid is pretty appropriate but you ought to be celebrating the fact that you found a used Civic that you were satisfied with. It is hard to be entirely sure in the used-car market plus with there being several civics around that suddenly lost all resale value there were also several ones with tampered readings etc. Here's to a good find

Cheers!
Old 11th May 2013, 04:25   #7260
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a few pages back, I had posted a query regarding buying a used Civic. I am still looking for a nice Civic.

Meanwhile, do you think I should wait for the Ecosport? The base petrol may cost 6.5 on road. I am somehow happy about the fact that the Civic is more powerful, has an A/T with paddle shifts and is a bigger car but the ES will be a brand new car, looks fresher, has much better GC and has lots of features to offer.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th May 2013 at 04:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks