Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2013, 09:48   #7261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Meanwhile, do you think I should wait for the Ecosport? The base petrol may cost 6.5 on road. I am somehow happy about the fact that the Civic is more powerful, has an A/T with paddle shifts and is a bigger car but the ES will be a brand new car, looks fresher, has much better GC and has lots of features to offer.
It is entirely your choice. The Civic is a better drivers car, looks better, has huge mod potential (if that matters to you :P) and I personally love a saloon's road manners to that of a tall suv/hatch. On the other hand, yes the EcoSport is new, will have more features, better gc, and will be in line with the rest of your garage. It wont however come with that EcoBoost engine in the base variant.
In the end you ought to choose what matters more to you since they are two entirely different buys

Cheers!
Old 11th May 2013, 11:43   #7262
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Guys, a few pages back, I had posted a query regarding buying a used Civic. I am still looking for a nice Civic.

Meanwhile, do you think I should wait for the Ecosport? The base petrol may cost 6.5 on road. I am somehow happy about the fact that the Civic is more powerful, has an A/T with paddle shifts and is a bigger car but the ES will be a brand new car, looks fresher, has much better GC and has lots of features to offer.
If you ask me I'll vote for Civic for the reason that in 6.5 Lakhs you will get a well maintained civic with more power under the hood , while ES will be a base model at 6.5. It won't be the 1l Eco Sport engine as that engine will be available only 9 lakhs upward. In that amount you can very well look at the new POLO GT with a fantastic 1.2 Turbo engine and almost all features which you can think of in car in this segment or probably even 1 or 2 segments higher. I'm also planning another addition in my garage but as my budget was only 8 lakhs otr Mumbai I've to leave both of them.
Old 11th May 2013, 13:14   #7263
Senior - BHPian

@ Raj_5004: If your running is mostly city driving with the car running mostly around 10-25 kmph, i would suggest you to avoid the Civic and wait for the ecosport. Civic requires very very frequent doen shifts to first gear due to the poor low end torque. Civic returns me a mileage of about 7-8 in Mumbai Traffic (with 100% AC), plus the fear of scraping the belly at every speed breaker / crater.

However, when it comes to the highway, the Civic is just AWESOME!! Also the attention you get by driving a Civic is just too good!!!!!! And since the Civic is discontinued now, the novelty factor will guaranteed (at the cost of expensive / rare spare parts)

Plus you will get a good condition 2008 Car for around 5.0 lakhs. (thus you will save atleast 3-4 lakhs by not buying the ecosport)
Old 11th May 2013, 14:52   #7264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hi All,
I am getting a test drive car from BMW Infiniti with the below mentioned details :
320d 2012 sports line without sunroof model , mumbai registered with 21k on the odo for about 30 lacs.
Do u think it's a good idea to go in for a test drive vehicle (as I will surely purchase the 5 year BSI package) ? If yes, then at what price?
Cheers
Sid
Hi Sid, Apart from the fact that most people on this forum have advised me to stay away from test cars because they tend to be really abused, its also an exorbitant price. I'm not sure how Mumbai prices but I wouldnt pay more than 27
saketa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 15:31   #7265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan
What should be a fair price for a 2011 civic S-MT in Bangalore, single owner done about 21k kms? dealer quotes 11.75L
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
11.75 is on very much higher side, In my opinion fair price should be around 9.

FYI, there's a 2011 S-MT listed on carwale (bangalore) driven 26k, for 8.45l.

I hope this gives you a fair idea.
thx sameer but 9l looks to me on the higher side for an out of production sedan.
Other folks who are active here like Jignesh, Varun etc have any inputs pl?

Last edited by raihan : 11th May 2013 at 15:33.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:23   #7266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
@ Raj_5004: If your running is mostly city driving with the car running mostly around 10-25 kmph, i would suggest you to avoid the Civic and wait for the ecosport. Civic requires very very frequent doen shifts to first gear due to the poor low end torque. Civic returns me a mileage of about 7-8 in Mumbai Traffic (with 100% AC), plus the fear of scraping the belly at every speed breaker / crater.

However, when it comes to the highway, the Civic is just AWESOME!! Also the attention you get by driving a Civic is just too good!!!!!! And since the Civic is discontinued now, the novelty factor will guaranteed (at the cost of expensive / rare spare parts)

Plus you will get a good condition 2008 Car for around 5.0 lakhs. (thus you will save atleast 3-4 lakhs by not buying the ecosport)
He is looking for a cvt model. He can buy a 2009 facelifted civic for 5.5l it is better on the speed-humps and a 30k remap will improve driveability vastly. Spares should not be an issue the company is supposed to provide parts for a few years by law not sure how many also the car comes with japanese reliability and since it is quite common I don't think sourcing parts should ever have to be an issue.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th May 2013 at 16:25.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:39   #7267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post

thx sameer but 9l looks to me on the higher side for an out of production sedan.
Other folks who are active here like Jignesh, Varun etc have any inputs pl?
What??!!!! 11.75 lacs for a 2009 civic ?

I have a civic 16k km V A/T. Leather upholstery. 2011 model with the new facelift and I'm looking to sell. I can give it to you for less than that. PM me for details.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:46   #7268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Hi Sid, Apart from the fact that most people on this forum have advised me to stay away from test cars because they tend to be really abused, its also an exorbitant price. I'm not sure how Mumbai prices but I wouldnt pay more than 27
Thx Saketa, the final offer given to me is 28 lacs , however I have asked him to lower it down to 27 lacs.
Given that I will be taking a BSI package for 5 years - do I need to get overly worried if the car has been abused during test drives? ( aren't these German cars meant to be pushed hard on the pedal?)
Seek ur views & advice
Cheers Sid
Old 11th May 2013, 16:48   #7269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
In the end you ought to choose what matters more to you since they are two entirely different buys

Cheers!
That is the problem. I want a car which is a hoot to drive in the city as well as on the highways!

Plus, my main priority is legroom and space. I think the Ecosport will be cramped when compared to the Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
If you ask me I'll vote for Civic for the reason that in 6.5 Lakhs you will get a well maintained civic with more power under the hood , while ES will be a base model at 6.5.
True. But what about the availability of parts and higher costs of maintainence in the Civic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
@ Raj_5004: If your running is mostly city driving with the car running mostly around 10-25 kmph, i would suggest you to avoid the Civic and wait for the ecosport. Civic requires very very frequent doen shifts to first gear due to the poor low end torque.
We are looking only for an A/T civic, so frequent gear shifts wont be a problem.

Quote:
Civic returns me a mileage of about 7-8 in Mumbai Traffic (with 100% AC), plus the fear of scraping the belly at every speed breaker / crater.
Again, since the running is very less, FE is not a concern. GC could be an issue though.

Quote:
So you mean there is a problem sourcing parts for the Civic?

Quote:
I am looking for a 2009 car since it came with the facelift and upgraded suspension.
Old 11th May 2013, 17:04   #7270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is the problem. I want a car which is a hoot to drive in the city as well as on the highways!

Plus, my main priority is legroom and space. I think the Ecosport will be cramped when compared to the Civic.

True. But what about the availability of parts and higher costs of maintainence in the Civic?
Drive the car. If you like it then don't consider anything else. Parts should not be an issue at all

Quote:
Thx Saketa, the final offer given to me is 28 lacs , however I have asked him to lower it down to 27 lacs.
Given that I will be taking a BSI package for 5 years - do I need to get overly worried if the car has been abused during test drives? ( aren't these German cars meant to be pushed hard on the pedal?)
Seek ur views & advice
Cheers Sid
A test drive vehicle that has done 20k kms?? I'd suggest staying away. These things are abused and 20000kms is a LOT for a td car. Plus while ze Germans are known for build quality, reliability isn't their thing so again, a TD car would be a big NO. Experienced members, please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th May 2013 at 09:38. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 19:44   #7271
Senior - BHPian

An 2011 i20 Sportz (O) 1.4 CRDI 6 speed is being offered at 4.45 lacs. Mileage is about 23K Kms. Would it be a good buy?
Old 11th May 2013, 19:53   #7272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
An 2011 i20 Sportz (O) 1.4 CRDI 6 speed is being offered at 4.45 lacs. Mileage is about 23K Kms. Would it be a good buy?
Sounds like a sweet deal, the price is good too. I will say go ahead
Old 11th May 2013, 20:57   #7273
BHPian

Quote:

Seek ur views & advice
Cheers Sid
My local BMW dealership in Ludhiana Punjab just sold the following

320d Luxury line test drive car. 2012 model without sunroof white colour. 13000 Kms. Sold for 25.5 lacs ex showroom. Registration plus insurance extra
520d test drive car. White colour. 14,500 Kms sold for 31.5 lacs. Ex showroom. Registration plus insurance extra

BMW were offering financing at NEW car rates for both from BMW financial services.

Hope this helps.
Bluebeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 21:40   #7274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Rs. 4.45 lacs for 2011 i20 Sportz (O) 1.4 CRDI is a really good deal. Also 23,000 kms for a diesel car is very less. If the car is from a genuine seller& in good condition then go ahead & buy it as soon as possible.

Similar cars in Mumbai are quoted in Mumbai in range of Rs. 5.5 to 6 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 14:09   #7275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Sounds like a sweet deal, the price is good too. I will say go ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Rs. 4.45 lacs for 2011 i20 Sportz (O) 1.4 CRDI is a really good deal. Also 23,000 kms for a diesel car is very less. If the car is from a genuine seller& in good condition then go ahead & buy it as soon as possible.

Similar cars in Mumbai are quoted in Mumbai in range of Rs. 5.5 to 6 lacs.

Thanks,
Sadly the vehicle is sold , went in with a mind to buy it. Got such a great deal almost after 5 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks