Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 15:57   #9301
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post

The wife does not care much about engines and all, but she does care about refinement and interior quality. That is where the Beat trumps the K10.
Well, if you are willing to pay 4L for a used Hatch, why not consider the I10 or I20? Refinement and interior quality are not going to be a problem and you will find decent examples at that price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Ritz was good too, but finding a Ritz that is on sale for more than 2 days is near impossible. Each and every owner that I've called, has said that the car was sold off. Within a stretch of 2-3 days. Indians and their love for Maruti. Unbelievable!
Maruti Ritz and Swift are 2 cars that are really hard to find in the used car market (The good ones i mean). I have been trying to find a good condition example and you are right, the nice ones do get sold out in 2 -3 days. I finally settled for a used Spark with 10K on the odo.
Old 19th May 2014, 19:32   #9302
BHPian

Hello all,
it's been a while since I posted. just letting you guys know I've picked up a may 2007 civic1.8 vmt comprehensively insured done 58k first owner with full service record and history in good condition. closing it for 3.8. it's a ap regd car for use both in hyd and outside
Old 20th May 2014, 20:11   #9303
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

What would be the right price for a 2nd Owner Toyota Corolla 1.8 E, 2006 model with 87k on the odo. Dealer is quoting 3.2L. Car is Pune Registered.
What major expenses could be foreseen for a 87k run Corolla ?
Old 22nd May 2014, 01:06   #9304
BHPian

what should be the pricing of the following cars in NCR region, constants being 30-40k run, single owner and in good general condition:
1. 2009-10 honda accord m/t
2. 2008-09 mitsubishi Pajero
3. 2010-11 honda civic v m/t
4. 2011-12 vw passat high line
5. 2011 skoda superb elegance 2.0 TDi CR ( this being my car up for sale)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Dear All,

What would be the right price for a 2nd Owner Toyota Corolla 1.8 E, 2006 model with 87k on the odo. Dealer is quoting 3.2L. Car is Pune Registered.

The price should be anything between 2.25-2.75 lakhs depending on the condition of the car. As far as expenses go you might want to check the tires, they could be running bald. Then comes brakes, discs and pads both need to be inspected carefully. A major service could be due around the 1 lakh km mark (timing belt etc.). Have a local mechanic look at the car and if need be service the car right after purchase. Toyotas are known for their reliability so if the car is not abused you should be good to go for a long long time!
13thpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:52   #9305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Dear All,

3 should be the right price, provided the car has full service history with TASS, work needed is subjective to the car on how it has been used. On 1 lakh kms only additional is the drive belt which will cost you below 3K. Other than that as pointed out check break pads and discs, both put together will cost you about 18 K. Observe for noises in suspension on bad roads, little noise is normal but more means you need to look as suspension components, not all needs to be replaced but a total overhaul of suspension will cost you about 25K. Clutch condition is another area, inherently it is a little hard and gear change is not very smooth. Look at the last work profile sheet of this car made by TASS, they are very particular about it and mention what work is pending on the car, generally they tend to load future work in advance also so it does not mean you need to get everything done at once. If the car owner does not have this but if the car is a regular at TASS you will get it there, otherwise get the car checked at TASS, they tend to inflate the work needed on the car for about next 20K kms so don't be alarmed by their estimate, ask them specifically what work is needed at what intervals. Engine does not need any attention unless abused. Tyres may not need a change if the first set was BS RE88, most of the Corollas came with these, they run for at least 60K kms so what ever is the second set will be in mid life. Its a great car and if you get it right you will find it very difficult to find a suitable replacement, mine is a 2003 done 1.6K kms and I am still not done with it.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 22:35   #9306
BHPian

After considerable thought and study I have decided to buy a per-worshiped A-Star Zxi since its offers safety features at a low price (my initial plan was to buy a nano).

Over the past few days I have scanned the internet for individual sellers to no avail. The only car I have come across is a 2010 June model Zxi Silky silver car that has run 40K Kms at Bimal Maruthi True Value, Mahadevpura. It comes with a new Amaron battery and dealer has agreed to renew the insurance upto June 2015. The NCB has been retained on the insurance, so i presume the car has not met with a major accident. The dealer has quoted 3.25L all inclusive. I have requested it to be brought down to 3.10L. Is this a good deal?

The car has had its bumpers and driver door painted. The paint does not appear to match. The discoloration is not visible up close, however from a distance of about 15 feet the colour difference becomes obvious. The dealer claims that the difference would reduce after the car is polished, I do not trust this though.
Is it normal for such mismatch to be visible even though the paint job was performed at a Maruthi dealer?
I have attached pics of the same.

The mismatch (although minor) is bugging me big time. However if such a variation is normal and the car's mechanics are sound, I would be interested to buy this car.
Please let me know your thoughts.
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20140522_183256399.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20140522_183425312.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20140522_184136948.jpg

Mods: This post has several queries apart from the price. Kindly move it to an appropriate section if needed.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 22nd May 2014 at 22:38. Reason: Corrected Typo
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:21   #9307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
...The only car I have come across is a 2010 June model Zxi Silky silver car that has run 40K Kms at Bimal Maruthi True Value, Mahadevpura...
What's the actual OTR of the variant?

Quote:
...It comes with a new Amaron battery and dealer has agreed to renew the insurance upto June 2015. The NCB has been retained on the insurance, so i presume the car has not met with a major accident....

The car has had its bumpers and driver door painted. The paint does not appear to match...
Aren't these two statements contradicting?! Clearly there was an accident - could be a side swipe or something as well. A-Star was dud and has been out of manufacturing; One of the reasons you are NOT finding many used pieces. So haggle hard - please check carwale used car pricing and bring it down even further.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:02   #9308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After considerable thought and study I have decided to buy a per-worshiped A-Star Zxi since its offers safety features at a low price (my initial plan was to buy a nano).

Over the past few days I have scanned the internet for individual sellers to no avail. The only car I have come across is a 2010 June model Zxi Silky silver car that has run 40K Kms at Bimal Maruthi True Value, Mahadevpura. It comes with a new Amaron battery and dealer has agreed to renew the insurance upto June 2015. The NCB has been retained on the insurance, so i presume the car has not met with a major accident. The dealer has quoted 3.25L all inclusive. I have requested it to be brought down to 3.10L. Is this a good deal?

The car has had its bumpers and driver door painted. The paint does not appear to match. The discoloration is not visible up close, however from a distance of about 15 feet the colour difference becomes obvious. The dealer claims that the difference would reduce after the car is polished, I do not trust this though.
Is it normal for such mismatch to be visible even though the paint job was performed at a Maruthi dealer?
I have attached pics of the same.

The mismatch (although minor) is bugging me big time. However if such a variation is normal and the car's mechanics are sound, I would be interested to buy this car.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Mods: This post has several queries apart from the price. Kindly move it to an appropriate section if needed.
Asking price is too high for a 4 year old Maruti that is not in production any more.
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:14   #9309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What's the actual OTR of the variant?
I am unable to find the OTR in 2010. I know it was 4.8L in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Aren't these two statements contradicting?! Clearly there was an accident .
Oops.. I ment "major accident"

Anyone know if such a colour variation would clear out after polishing?
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:22   #9310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to find the OTR in 2010. I know it was 4.8L in 2009...
I think a best offer would be 2.5 - 2.75L going by car wale.

Quote:
...Anyone know if such a colour variation would clear out after polishing?
Chances are slim! I suggest you pay close watch on the car if you wanna buy. Also try to get the detailed service report of the car.
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:47   #9311
BHPian

Quote:

I am unable to find the OTR in 2010. I know it was 4.8L in 2009.
The price quoted is too high for the car. I would not pay more than 2.25, keep in mind that it will be really difficult to get a buyer if you want to sell later, and the price you get will be peanuts.
You would get i10, figo etc at the same price
Old 23rd May 2014, 21:04   #9312
BHPian

Risky buy due to the following reasons.
High price quoted. Must be 2.5 L.
Vehicle not in production.
Even the old Alto parts are rare in MGP (maruti genuine parts) now.
Resale will be nothing for you.Buy it if you want to keep it for 3 to 4 years.
Old 23rd May 2014, 21:06   #9313
BHPian

True singleton and commonman, but my budget is limited and I have taken quite a liking to A*. Plus I will not be able to find a car with a similar safety roster as the A* at that price point.

The paint mismatch will make it ever harder to sell. A small subset of car buyers would want an A* 2 years down the line (I am interested to keep this car for about 4 years though). An ever smaller subset would want the Zxi and a teeeny tiny percentage of that miniscule number would be ok with a two shade silver car! The horror!

I guess its best to stay away from this piece and wait.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 23rd May 2014 at 21:09.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:33   #9314
BHPian

Second Hand Innova Price Check

In my apartment, one known person is selling his Innova.

Jan 2011 Model, Variant – 2.5 Gx 8 STR
Kms – 20,000
Extra Fittings – Spoiler, Music System, Reverse parking sensors, leather seat covers
Reason for Sale – Relocating to US.
Purchase Price all inclusive – 14.5L
Asking price – 12.25L

Carwale says around 10L if the vehicle is in excellent condition.

Any suggestions on the max value I can pay which will make this a sweet deal?

Thanks,
Rajat
Old 26th May 2014, 10:13   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Re: Second Hand Innova Price Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
In my apartment, one known person is selling his Innova.

Jan 2011 Model, Variant – 2.5 Gx 8 STR
Kms – 20,000
Extra Fittings – Spoiler, Music System, Reverse parking sensors, leather seat covers
Reason for Sale – Relocating to US.
Purchase Price all inclusive – 14.5L
Asking price – 12.25L

Carwale says around 10L if the vehicle is in excellent condition.

Any suggestions on the max value I can pay which will make this a sweet deal?

Thanks,
Rajat
Hello Rajat, given the model year and running, I would have called this a "superb find", but after looking at the asking price, I cannot dare to call it a "steal deal". For all the accessories, leather seat covers etc, you can add a max of 1 lacs over the carwale price of 10 lacs. So I suggest you start with 10 lacs, then go to 10.5 lacs and max out at 11 lacs. It will all depend how desperate he is to sell off his car before he moves out of the country.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks