Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 17:00   #8836
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Hey, I found a audi a4 2008 model done 43000 kms red colour for 13 lacs.The car seems to be in very good condition. What do you think?
Buddy, why don't you spend 4 - 5 lakhs more and buy a new VW Jetta? The two cars are nearly identical. Instead of buying a 6 year old car for 13 lakhs, I'd highly recommend buying a brand new car with full warranty et al, especially when they are so similar.

Alternatively, you could buy a <2 year old Jetta for 13 lakhs.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 19:24   #8837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Buddy, why don't you spend 4 - 5 lakhs more and buy a new VW Jetta? The two cars are nearly identical. Instead of buying a 6 year old car for 13 lakhs, I'd highly recommend buying a brand new car with full warranty et al, especially when they are so similar.

Alternatively, you could buy a <2 year old Jetta for 13 lakhs.
Very true, infact the 2007-08 A4 is not as refined as the new Jetta, Jetta is a better car in comparison IMHO.

But is there any replacement like this when it comes to a 3 series (E90) or C class (W203)?
Old 20th January 2014, 19:56   #8838
BHPian

My uncle is considering a preowned Vento AT.

Its a June 2013 Highline AT done 6,500 Kms. What took me by shock is the asking price by Globus Motors (CARTRADE) dealer, he's asking for 9.25Lakhs. I realise the car is just under a year old and has done low mileage but isn't the asking price way too high? I rang them up and they said its negotiable but im unsure weather I can bring the price to 6Lakhs as suggested by the Used Car Price Check on Teambhp and what I think is a fair price. My uncle has limited running 20kms per day so it makes sense to buy a petrol and he doesnt like MT's at all. Assuming the petrol prices scenario shouldnt the asking price be lower? Its a certified car with warranty but what should I look for here? What may be the possible reasons for the owner selling the car so soon??
Old 20th January 2014, 20:50   #8839

Hi all,
I am considering buying a 2011 Figo 1.2 Zxi driven less than 20000 kms here in Nagpur which has ridiculously high prices for used cars. The car is in immaculate condition barring a minor dent on a door. The owner is asking for 3 lakhs but I have been told he will settle at 2.80 by the middleman. I have offered 2.5 lakhs considering the low resale value that I would be fetching 2-3 years down the road. Please advise regarding the right offer for this car since there aren't many petrol figos on team bhp. Thanks.
Old 20th January 2014, 21:59   #8840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post

Its a June 2013 Highline AT done 6,500 Kms. What took me by shock is the asking price by Globus Motors (CARTRADE) dealer, he's asking for 9.25Lakhs. I realise the car is just under a year old and has done low mileage but isn't the asking price way too high? I rang them up and they said its negotiable but im unsure weather I can bring the price to 6Lakhs as suggested by the Used Car Price Check on Teambhp and what I think is a fair price. My uncle has limited running 20kms per day so it makes sense to buy a petrol and he doesnt like MT's at all. Assuming the petrol prices scenario shouldnt the asking price be lower? Its a certified car with warranty but what should I look for here? What may be the possible reasons for the owner selling the car so soon??
Just take care about the gear box. Check the service history and ask the dealership whether any complaints about the mechanicals in this particular vehicle have been reported. Bargain for a couple of lacs if possible. It is imperative to read all the forums for any complaints about the 7 speed automatic. If you are careful in the purchase your experience will be good.cheers!
arihant jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 23:42   #8841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My uncle is considering a preowned Vento AT...
As far as reasons for selling the car goes, I'd reckon it's for one of two (or both) reasons; mileage concerns and rising petrol prices. Your uncle should get the car checked out at a VW dealer just to have them give it the all-clear, even though I don't believe it's being sold because of issues with the car per se.

There's no way you're getting for 6 if you ask me, maybe not even 7. Since it's almost new, the dealer will push it as a positive and look to get top dollar. My advice: plenty of previous gen city's can be had for 6 or even less, maybe that's worth a look too!

Last edited by iliketurtles : 20th January 2014 at 23:43.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 10:16   #8842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Its a June 2013 Highline AT done 6,500 Kms. What took me by shock is the asking price by Globus Motors (CARTRADE) dealer, he's asking for 9.25Lakhs. I realise the car is just under a year old and has done low mileage but isn't the asking price way too high? I rang them up and they said its negotiable but im unsure weather I can bring the price to 6Lakhs as suggested by the Used Car Price Check on Teambhp and what I think is a fair price.
The OTR price of this car would have been ~11.5 Lakhs. Keeping that in mind the quote of 9.25 with scope for negotiation is reasonable. BUT, one key thing to consider is that this model of the Vento AT (With the 6 speed Auto Box) has been replaced by the Vento TSI with the 7 speed DSG. This basically means you will be buying a model no longer in the market. I think you can negotiate further based on this point. IMO, If the buyer is actually willing to go down to even 8L, I would scrutinize the car and its history in further detail. You can also ask for inputs from moderator noopster, he owns a Vento AT.

Quote:
Just take care about the gear box. Check the service history and ask the dealership whether any complaints about the mechanicals in this particular vehicle have been reported. Bargain for a couple of lacs if possible. It is imperative to read all the forums for any complaints about the 7 speed automatic. If you are careful in the purchase your experience will be good.cheers!
This is not the model with the 7 speed DSG, this is the older AT with the 6 speed Torque Converter based gearbox. No reliability issues with this one. The Vento TSI with 7 speed DSG was launched only in Oct 2013.

Reason for sale: The Vento AT does give decent mileage and petrol prices have not really shot up a great deal in the last 6 months. So unless the seller is expecting his running to increase drastically, the reason could be something else (relocation for example)

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 21st January 2014 at 10:21. Reason: Added content
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 11:17   #8843
BHPian

Quote:
Just take care about the gear box.
Thanks I thought of getting the car inspected by the dealership before finalising, thats what worried me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
My advice: plenty of previous gen city's can be had for 6 or even less, maybe that's worth a look too!
Thanks I will get the car inspected by the dealership before finalising if my uncle goes for it. I too think the car would've been sold because of FE concerns, because the car is still under warranty if anything goes wrong with transmission. Agree with you 6L would be impossible, was getting my expectations bit high, but my uncle is looking for a sweet deal and is in no hurry! I think the dealer would settle for 8, but still thats not what my uncle wants to spend on a car. My uncle has the Dolphin city. He doesn't want to sell that, he'll keep that for use with driver and family errands and a AT car for his personal use. Lets see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
S o unless the seller is expecting his running to increase drastically, the reason could be something else (relocation for example)
Thank You for your suggestions. Thats exactly what I was thinking of, but I dont think he'll go as low as 6L. Dealers usually keep profit of 1.5Lakh - 1lakh. The market is slow, petrol prices are high, correct time to take advantage of falling AT car prices if you have limited running and not expect the car to give more than 8kmpl in city. My uncle is not in a hurry and looking for a good deal. I've gone through noopster's thread in detail and thats the reason I suggested the vento to my uncle. Im looking for 10-2011 Vento's as well, but clearly on researching Honda city's are earlier to get in the preowned market then the AT Vento. Lets see how it goes.

Last edited by Y@SH : 21st January 2014 at 11:21.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:00   #8844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya_G View Post
Hi guys,

I am in the midst of negotiations for a family friend.
=========
What do you guys suggest?
Hello experts. Any suggestion/opinion on this query? Would be a great help to get some advice on the pricepoint.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:14   #8845
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I am selling my Swift Nov 2011 (new shape) with 15k on ODO for 4.1L in Chennai. The car is in excellent condition with zero dents or scratches. The color is white which is much sort after down south. I have installed Kenwood X994 bluetooth system plus morel maximo components. The car also has SWIFT Zxi/Zdi 15 inch OE alloys with MRF Zlo tyres. Since I am giving to a colleague of mine, I pegged it at 4.1L but could have sold it for 4.25L in the open market.

In Delhi, I expect the car you quoted to go for 3.6L - 3.75L provided all papers are in one place.
Which version it is? Lxi / VXi?

Paid nearly 5L for a 2012 Jan Swift VXi having 7K on odo from True value on Nov 2013.

I calculate as follows:

You expect 4.25L in open market for your car.
I'll add 15K for True value certificate and hassle free operations and transfers.
+5K for the low running.
Another 40K, since I bought it in 2012 (Nov) :(
My loss: 15K

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st January 2014 at 16:17.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:18   #8846
BHPian

Hi,

Does it make sense to go for a used petrol SX4 now, considering a replacement is on the way. Plan to keep the car for around 4 years.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:26   #8847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Which version it is? Lxi / VXi?

Paid nearly 5L for a 2012 Jan Swift VXi having 7K on odo from True value on Nov 2013.

I calculate as follows:

I'll add 15K for True value certificate and hassle free operations and transfers.
+5K for the low running.
I sold white color Vxi. You can get new SWIFT for 5.6L OTR after discounts. Why did you want to buy a preowned car for 5L? Mine is Nov 2011 car which means the car has seen 4 years (though not complete) - 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 (just 1 month). This is the reason why 4.1L to a known person and 4.25L on open market was what I was looking for. The one which you bought is technically 1 year old car. This is the reason why you had to pay close to 5L. I would have got 4.75L if I had bought mine in 2012 and sold during 2013.

Last edited by MutantX : 21st January 2014 at 16:30.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 16:33   #8848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
+5K for the low running.
If you think Maruti True Value adds just 15k, you are terribly misinformed.

As per an insider who works with them, Maruti True value has 50k to 75k margin on a 3-5 lac car. Sometimes even more than that.

For a trial, next time when you visit them to buy a car just tell them to show proof of payment to the original seller and you will pay 25k extra without any IFs and BUTs and see their reaction.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 16:35   #8849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Hi, Does it make sense to go for a used petrol SX4 now, considering a replacement is on the way. Plan to keep the car for around 4 years. Thanks in advance.
There wi be a hit in resale if/when you sell 4 years down the line, but I don't think that should matter. Spares won't be an issue either, so that's no problem again.

If you ask me, don't go for it. If you're looking at a used petrol sedan, consider the City instead. I say that as a (happy) past owner of one.
Old 21st January 2014, 19:08   #8850
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I sold white color Vxi. You can get new SWIFT for 5.6L OTR after discounts. Why did you want to buy a preowned car for 5L?
Three reasons for why I bought a second hand car for 5L:

1: I was quoted 5.9L for a brand new Swift VXi at that time (Nov 2012), and 10K loyalty bonus; nothing less.
2: I started my search with a 3L budget, and stretched to 5. Anything beyond that was a strict no-no.
3: I compared the car with a brand new WR available at 4.75L OTR. I found this Swift in pristine condition with 7K on the odo at just 25K extra as more VFM than a WR.

Quote:
Mine is Nov 2011 car which means the car has seen 4 years (though not complete) - 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 (just 1 month). This is the reason why 4.1L to a known person and 4.25L on open market was what I was looking for. The one which you bought is technically 1 year old car. This is the reason why you had to pay close to 5L. I would have got 4.75L if I had bought mine in 2012 and sold during 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
If you think Maruti True Value adds just 15k, you are terribly misinformed.

As per an insider who works with them, Maruti True value has 50k to 75k margin on a 3-5 lac car. Sometimes even more than that.
Seeing all your comments, I'll feel a bit eased, calculating the following way:

4.25L for a 2011 Nov Swift VXi when sold in open market in 2014.
Add 25K, since this car is 2012 make.
Another 25K, since I bought it in 2013 (Nov)
+5K for the low running.
Add 20K for True value certificate and hassle free operations and transfers.

My loss: Rs 0/-

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st January 2014 at 19:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks