Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 22:24   #8776
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Update: The agent called me an hour back, saying that the owner has come down to 6.9 lacs. I told the agent that I have already stretched my budget by a considerable amount (50K) & come mid way. Now the owner needs to show the same courtesy & come down by at least 50K. 6.5 lacs is the golden median. He said that the owner was not keen on selling this vehicle. He has asked for 2 more days time to give his final decision then, now the ball is in his court.
This is via a dealer? I thought its a private buyer. No wonder the price is off by a few thousands as there would be the commission involved in between?
Old 5th January 2014, 22:47   #8777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is via a dealer? I thought its a private buyer. No wonder the price is off by a few thousands as there would be the commission involved in between?
This is not a typical dealer, who sets up a road side shop displaying pre-owned vehicles. This gentleman is rather a senior citizen (76+ age) & works only on word of mouth publicity. He told me upfront that his commission for bigger vehicles is 2% of the deal value (in this case it meant 13-14K). However he told me that he would settle for 10K.

So this guy is keen on closing the deal & I sincerely hope he convinces the owner for 6.5 lacs, else I would look for other options.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 5th January 2014 at 22:48.
Old 6th January 2014, 12:05   #8778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Year - 2006
Running - 86K km
Variant - G4
Price quoted - 7.0 lacs
Running seems relatively less for 7 year old Innova. I would have preferred V variant at this price, 6.5L would be good price if seller agrees.
Please compare price from a used car dealer for another Innova (G4 or V variant).
I won't mind paying bit more for privately seller, but don't pick this one just because it's from private seller rather than a dealer.

If you decide to go ahead with this purchase, please check service details for 80K Kms service. It should have included change of all fluids, air/ac filter and possibly change of brake pads.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:26   #8779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Running seems relatively less for 7 year old Innova. I would have preferred V variant at this price, 6.5L would be good price if seller agrees.
Please compare price from a used car dealer for another Innova (G4 or V variant).
I won't mind paying bit more for privately seller, but don't pick this one just because it's from private seller rather than a dealer.

If you decide to go ahead with this purchase, please check service details for 80K Kms service. It should have included change of all fluids, air/ac filter and possibly change of brake pads.
Thank you for your inputs Suhas, will surely keep them in mind while finalizing the deal. Just FYI, as the owner had made up his mind to sell the car, he got a major service done from DSK Toyota, shelved around 20K for that. He has put the "Innova" embossed blue LED plates on each door. It seems he has also fitted the fog lamps very recently (looked brand new) & as far as I know G4 didn't come with company fitted fogs. He has brought back the car to mint condition with this service & that is the reason he is quoting such a high amount for a July 2006 model (it is exactly 7.5 year old car). I guess in 2006 he would have hardly paid 8.5 lacs or 9 at the max (on road) to get this car home. Really astounding how well the Innova hold's up it's value, when all the other cars around depreciate like hell.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 12:38   #8780
BHPian

I have an offer for a BMW 320D - Sports, 2011 model, 8000 kms mileage (known person and genuine mileage). How much can I pay for it?
Old 9th January 2014, 12:45   #8781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I have an offer for a BMW 320D - Sports, 2011 model, 8000 kms mileage (known person and genuine mileage). How much can I pay for it?
It must be E90. Not aware if there was a variant called Sports during that time.

However, I think 15-16L would be reasonable price. If it has 5 years BSI then that would be a plus. But I doubt it as very few opt for five years BSI.
Old 9th January 2014, 12:50   #8782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

It must be E90. Not aware if there was a variant called Sports during that time.

However, I think 15-16L would be reasonable price. If it has 5 years BSI then that would be a plus. But I doubt it as very few opt for five years BSI.
15-16 is a bit less for the car, I would say anything around 18 would be good deal.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:09   #8783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

15-16 is a bit less for the car, I would say anything around 18 would be good deal.
I said higher limit 16 because no dealer is involved and we just entered in to 2014. I don't think the seller will get better offers than 16 from any dealer and finding direct buyers for premium cars is still little difficult.

Dealer will quote 18-19 for this car to buyers but with a scope of negotiation for a lakh or so. So he will buy such a car for not more than 16L.

I would suggest quote 15L and close on 16L maximum. And do check about the variant thing.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:11   #8784
BHPian

That beemer is in Bangalore right? IMO for only a 8k done top of the line (assuming that is what it is since there was no variant called Sport Line then) 320d in Bangalore a fair price should be in the 20L region with 18L being a pretty sweet deal. 17-18 is what people would pay up north.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:27   #8785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
That beemer is in Bangalore right? IMO for only a 8k done top of the line (assuming that is what it is since there was no variant called Sport Line then) 320d in Bangalore a fair price should be in the 20L region with 18L being a pretty sweet deal. 17-18 is what people would pay up north.
Oh, it is Bangalore! Then 16L won't work. 18L will be a good deal. When using TBHP moblie app, it's difficult to see the city of a particular user.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:52   #8786
BHPian

Sorry, yes it is in Bangalore. The seller has been offered 22L by BMW. I have asked for 18 as per the recommendations.

Thanks for the inputs.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:54   #8787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, yes it is in Bangalore. The seller has been offered 22L by BMW. I have asked for 18 as per the recommendations.

Thanks for the inputs.
22 is way too high, 26 can get you a new x1 baseline in gurgaon here.
Old 9th January 2014, 14:03   #8788
BHPian

Guys what would be fair price for Brio SMT, May 2013 and 6500KM driven, in North?
Car is in immaculate condition, and service history is clean too.
Old 9th January 2014, 16:20   #8789
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the inputs.

Honestly, if you really want that car then you should be offering close to 20L for it. I am sure the BMW used car division would bid in and around that region for it. Its practically new - 8k kms is nothing. The owner would have bought it at 35L+. Even if you factor in the new 3 series - a hardly used 3 yr old top of the line 3 series is good value for money at 55% of sticker price.
Old 9th January 2014, 23:09   #8790
BHPian

I have come across a 2008 320i highline run 40k kms, single owner. first is it worth buying (for the real BMW experience), second is what price will be good enough for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks