Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2014, 14:14   #8881
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

The price is very steep for a 2006 model. I have a 2008 VMT (47000) and 3.85 is a good price to sell for this car. Suggest you look for some other deals, I am sure you will find a better "Bang for the Buck" Deal
Old 30th January 2014, 15:25   #8882
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Sold my 2003 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi Ambiente today for 1.2 lakhs!

It had done about 1.17 lakh kms! I was the second owner, had bought it for 3lakhs in 2010 when it had done 57k.
I felt it should have fetched us more than 1.5 lakhs considering we spent a lot on its upkeep as quite a few parts failed. Eventually my father was fed up of it as it broke down several times. In the past 8 months we hardly used it as the rats kept chewing up the wires & recently the alternator had to be changed. The model has been discontinued maybe that could be the reason for such a low resale.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:30   #8883
BHPian

Need advise. Looking to buy a bmw 3 series new model found a 2013 car for 26 lacs done 6200 kms. New one is for 34 lacs on road after discount. What should I do?
Old 31st January 2014, 08:56   #8884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Need advise. Looking to buy a bmw 3 series new model found a 2013 car for 26 lacs done 6200 kms. New one is for 34 lacs on road after discount. What should I do?
Is this the one with Xenons or without Xenons? Also which state are you located in? The price looks good to me. Does the car has BSI?
Old 31st January 2014, 09:15   #8885
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

We exchanged my Dad's 2006 Indica DLG Turbo V2 which had done about 52k Kms for a new Hyundai I20 in Madras. The valuation given for the Indica was 1.85 lacs. Added to this we got a 25K exchange bonus from the Hyundai blokes. Along with a number of other discounts too.
The Indica was "stock" but in 2010 we spent about 60 Grand on a complete re-upholstery bolstering and enhancement job, some nip and tuck work here and there, a complete set of 5 new tyres, 5 new alloy wheels and a new music system/speakers etc.
Basically whoever ends up buying that car from the Hyundai dealer, will get himself a good deal.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:54   #8886
BHPian

Hey team,
I am getting a friends Petrol ford figo EXi model run 27000 kms in Mumbai for 225000Rs,is this a good deal?
He is getting 225000 from Sai service since he is buying a new ertiga.All petrol figo's on carwale starts from 280000 on carwale.
It will be driven by my wife,maximum 100 kms every month.
It is in top notch condition.
Please advise

Last edited by kedarwalke : 31st January 2014 at 11:10.
Old 31st January 2014, 12:34   #8887
BHPian

Hi,

Needs suggestions on the following car which I'm planning to buy. It belongs to my friend. Hence details are genuine

Model: Swift Dzire(old shape) Ldi
Year: 2009 July
Color: White
Kms: 90k, Single Owner Driven
Add-Ons: Remote Power Windows, Pioneer Music System, Reverse Camera

Price Quoted: 5.25 lakhs
Old 31st January 2014, 12:54   #8888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Hey team,
I am getting a friends Petrol ford figo EXi model run 27000 kms in Mumbai for 225000Rs,is this a good deal?
He is getting 225000 from Sai service since he is buying a new ertiga.All petrol figo's on carwale starts from 280000 on carwale.
It will be driven by my wife,maximum 100 kms every month.
It is in top notch condition.
Please advise
No one can help you if you do not mention the Year!
Please also mention if its stock of have some accessories as well
Old 31st January 2014, 13:31   #8889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
No one can help you if you do not mention the Year!
Please also mention if its stock of have some accessories as well
My bad,Its a 2010 June Mumbai registered car.
Only break pads and front suspension needs repairs.I am thinking of giving it a pass...
Old 31st January 2014, 14:03   #8890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
My bad,Its a 2010 June Mumbai registered car.
Only break pads and front suspension needs repairs.I am thinking of giving it a pass...
Steer clear if there are Brake pads and suspension issues. These will be persistent problems and also affect tyres.
The price quoted was fair but only if there were absolutely no issues with the car.

Good to see that you are skipping this car.
Old 31st January 2014, 14:21   #8891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Hi,

5 year old, 90K driven base variant, new model already launched. Price quoted is high.
Old 31st January 2014, 20:56   #8892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Update: The agent called me an hour back, saying that the owner has come down to 6.9 lacs. I told the agent that I have already stretched my budget by a considerable amount (50K) & come mid way. Now the owner needs to show the same courtesy & come down by at least 50K. 6.5 lacs is the golden median. He said that the owner was not keen on selling this vehicle. He has asked for 2 more days time to give his final decision then, now the ball is in his court.
Luck was not on my side for the pre-worshipped Innova mentioned above. The owner settled the deal within his family only. The agent called me today morning & told that owner's brother in law left a blank cheque with him & told that he will take the car.

The agent however said, the owner wanted to meet me as he has another deal for me. A top end, black coloured, Innova-V, run for 1.1 lac kms, Dec 2006 model, asking price 7 lacs. Mostly I will get to test drive the car @ 10am on this Sunday. Agent said the car is meticulously maintained (similar to the previous one).

I wanted to stay away from this, due to the black colour as the car in all probability will be parked out in the open & will become oven hot when parked directly under the sun. However the agent said that this is a very good car & what's the harm at least taking the test drive.

I want to know what is the offer that I should start with & what is the maximum amount that I should settle for if at all I decide to go for it, given that it is in very good condition. The only factor that this is a top end model (with ABS & airbags) I am getting interested. Also another thing that I wanted to know is, will the AC in a black Innova will be as effective as in a white or silver Innova?
Old 31st January 2014, 23:18   #8893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Hi,

Needs suggestions on the following car which I'm planning to buy. It belongs to my friend. Hence details are genuine

It is over priced. I wouldn't go over 4L especially when it is a base version, 5 years and 90K Kms old. I think in 2009, the cost of the LDi was around 6.5L.
Old 1st February 2014, 07:45   #8894
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Also another thing that I wanted to know is, will the AC in a black Innova will be as effective as in a white or silver Innova?
The short answer is yes.
However, it will take the AC a longer time to cool the car in the hot bright sunny Indian summer. The AC will strain a bit because it is battling a significantly higher overall ambient temperature.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 07:58   #8895
BHPian

Quote:
Luck was not on my side for the pre-worshipped Innova mentioned above. The owner settled the deal within his family only. The agent called me today morning & told that owner's brother in law left a blank cheque with him & told that he will take the car.

The agent however said, the owner wanted to meet me as he has another deal for me. A top end, black coloured, Innova-V, run for 1.1 lac kms, Dec 2006 model, asking price 7 lacs. Mostly I will get to test drive the car @ 10am on this Sunday. Agent said the car is meticulously maintained (similar to the previous one).

I wanted to stay away from this, due to the black colour as the car in all probability will be parked out in the open & will become oven hot when parked directly under the sun. However the agent said that this is a very good car & what's the harm at least taking the test drive.

I want to know what is the offer that I should start with & what is the maximum amount that I should settle for if at all I decide to go for it, given that it is in very good condition. The only factor that this is a top end model (with ABS & airbags) I am getting interested. Also another thing that I wanted to know is, will the AC in a black Innova will be as effective as in a white or silver Innova?
I guess around 5.8 lks would be a good price , that is what i am getting for my innova ,2008 G4, 1lakh on odo , tyres need replacement . For around seven lakhs you can also look at captiva .
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks