Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 04:49   #8866
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2008 Corolla for 4lacs - buy?

110K Km under Indian road condition translate to quite a lot of wear and tear, I would stay away from such deals.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:05   #8867
BHPian

So many reasons to reject this deal. 2nd owner cars are best avoided unless they are a company to employee transfer. 110k kms is a LOT! Even a Toyota, as reliable as they come, would require a lot of attention at such high mileage.

I see you are in Chennai and I would recommend you check out other reputed used car dealers for better options. You could also look at the Civic. Its just as reliable and rear seat comfort is also good. Only drawback being low ground clearance.
Old 26th January 2014, 10:44   #8868
BHPian

Thanks guys now its easy for me to reject without any worries. @shankar.balan thats the response i was looking for...4months old inventory... thought someone should have noticed how long its been there. @vigsom we had an sx4 but have some bad memories so no more sx4 into the family. @velvector and @tj123 yeah 1lac was a concern to me too. We have a fluidic verna, honda city 3rd gen, and innova at home and when it comes to reliability our order is the reverse. So will continue looking for other corollas in this range. But for 50k in odo the asking price is 5.5 lacs and above. There are two more in city now. Will check and post.

@karthik1100 @ishanian @mints21 @flipsyde - tnx for your comments guys.

Dev

Last edited by irdevanand : 26th January 2014 at 10:46.
Old 26th January 2014, 11:29   #8869
BHPian

We're looking at a middle aged, heavy lady with a fractured pelvis n knee, on the road to recovery. One thing I would consider is the seat height. In a Civic, she'd have to climb up and out of the seat, which might be uncomfortable! The Corolla might be a little higher, but the issue is applicable in the Corolla's case too.

The SX4 would have been the ideal choice, with its 'sedan on stilts' stance. Unfortunately, you're not interested.

Why not the front seat of a Wagon R?? Or another tall hatch, where ingress & egress will be much easier. The ride will not be as refined as the D segmenters, but certainly worth considering.
Old 27th January 2014, 12:23   #8870
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Guys,

My family is using a March 2005 Hyundai Santro XP with 68,000 kms, new tyres, sony music system and very well maintained first owner vehicle in Bangalore.

What is the price i can expect?

I am considering a June 2010 Hyundai i10 Auto sportz with 35,000 on odo, Citibank leased then transferred to the owners name.

What is the price i can pay for this car?

Do i buy used or wait for the new Maruthi Celerio Auto?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th January 2014, 13:08   #8871
BHPian

Hey all,

A bit OT, but can anyone help me out with how much the re-registration or transfer of ownership costs at Delhi RTOs? A ballpark figure will suffice. Buying a used car and have been asked by someone to pay 14k to get it all done - which I find very hard to believe. A few place online say its under a 1k - but not too sure since those threads are about 3 years old.

Would appreciate it if someone could help me out ASAP please.

Thanks again!
Old 28th January 2014, 13:25   #8872
BHPian

My cousin recently bought 2009 Dec Hyundai Accent Executive Model, white color, single owner, 45K on ODO for 2.4 lacs. Car is in very good condition as we checked with mechanics, it also equipped with DVD player and roof mounted monitor. How good is this deal? Please share your opinion.
Old 28th January 2014, 13:59   #8873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hey all,

A bit OT, but can anyone help me out with how much the re-registration or transfer of ownership costs at Delhi RTOs? A ballpark figure will suffice. Buying a used car and have been asked by someone to pay 14k to get it all done - which I find very hard to believe. A few place online say its under a 1k - but not too sure since those threads are about 3 years old.

Would appreciate it if someone could help me out ASAP please.

Thanks again!
For my Tucson, 2000 bucks it took, to transfer via an agent.
If you have the patience, it'll probably be much less.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 14:48   #8874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
For my Tucson, 2000 bucks it took, to transfer via an agent.
If you have the patience, it'll probably be much less.
Wow, thats a HUGE differential.

Thanks - one last thing, which RTO was this from?
Old 28th January 2014, 15:47   #8875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Wow, thats a HUGE differential.

Thanks - one last thing, which RTO was this from?
Ones a 2cad, ones a 3car. I think you can figure out which it is.
Old 28th January 2014, 16:18   #8876
BHPian

Hi Guys, I'm from Goa and there is a galaxy grey Aug 2006 model Civic S AT, done 96k kms, asking price of 3.85l. Do you feel its a good deal? Looks good on the pictures posted on OLX but I'm worried about the high mileage and the AT gearbox maintenance.
Old 28th January 2014, 19:15   #8877
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Thanks guys now its easy for me to reject without any worries. @shankar.balan thats the response i was looking for...4months old inventory... thought someone should have noticed how long its been there. @
Dev

Go and visit TS Mahalingam and sons. Meet Ravishankar there. They are the safest bet for used cars in Madras. None better.
Old 29th January 2014, 16:27   #8878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Hi Guys, I'm from Goa and there is a galaxy grey Aug 2006 model Civic S AT, done 96k kms, asking price of 3.85l. Do you feel its a good deal? Looks good on the pictures posted on OLX but I'm worried about the high mileage and the AT gearbox maintenance.
Can someone advise me on this vehicle please? Thanks in advance!
Old 30th January 2014, 09:49   #8879
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone advise me on this vehicle please? Thanks in advance!
Look for any other low mileage car at a lil bit more budget! Have it checked thoroughly by Honda A.S.S before you buy it.
Old 30th January 2014, 10:12   #8880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some will tell you that at 96K kms, a Honda still has plenty of miles in it, and I'd agree with that sentiment. That said, I wouldn't pickup a car that has run that much. My general thumb rule for used cars is 2-3 years old (tops) and 20k kms on the odometer, 30k at a push.

You just don't know how the car has been driven for its lifetime, even if you do get its entire service history, which you should. If it has a complete service record for a car that old, it's a big source of reassurance as you know what's been done with it and what's left over. Speaking of old...that car will be 8 years old later this year, but if you really aren't averse to it, the 2 things you should do are

a) try to pull up its service records if the seller doesn't make it readily available. Honda should have it, or whatever is there of it.

b) if you're very keen on the car, pay a Honda A.S.S. the amount it takes to get the car thoroughly checked out. It's a small price to pay, consider it an investment and an advance payment for peace of mind.

Keep looking, stretch your budget a bit more and go for something newer with less KM's on the odometer though, if possible.

Most Viewed