Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 23:04   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
guys what about a Toyota Corolla, 2003, H2, 1 lakh km, excellent condition, everything in place and original, company maintained (using their previous OHC and no complaints till now). Not getting good price quotes from any more sites. :-s. Help!
no replies.. but we are also considering VW Polo.. which one would be better? Old Corolla or New Polo? please help
Old 8th January 2010, 19:12   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
ALL. I am really really looking forward to your inputs. Please respond with your inputs ASAP
Hi s3va, Happy new year!

In general, I price a used car based on 15% depreciation.

A car on buying price or current market price, which ever is lowest is taken for consideration.

For eg) during purchase if the car price is 7L and right now the model is available for 6.5L then please take 6.5 and depreciate with 15%.

Please note that in used car market, the car depreciates to 70 - 80% value in the first year based on market condition, product demand and supply, success factor, local emotional factor.

For 2 years, the number comes to 4.7 L. Now comes the trickier part

if the following is not available, I would deduct this amount:

Music system - 5-8 K
ABS - 20 K
Airbags - 15 K (I generally consider the above two are mandatory)
expenses - the amount you would be spending on the first service post buying like changing tyres (if any), changing parts (if any),
general maintenance, suspension (if any)

My price tag:
Car condition :
Excellent - around 4.5
Good - 4.0
Average - Never think abt buying it.

No.of owners - in general does not matter for a 2 yr car, but some times it comes under emotional factor (individual).

If you have any further queries, could you PM me and we can take it from there?

Regards,
Pradeep
Old 8th January 2010, 19:56   #1368
BHPian

Can somebody tell the best price on this :

2006 Aug Laura L&K A/T, 1st owner, nicely maintained, No turbo/DSG failure. 50k running. Stanley leather and michelin tyres (new).

Pics can be seen below :

Old 9th January 2010, 11:09   #1369
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillako View Post
Jayant, Thanks! The car is very well maintained by the owner. I have seen about 5 Palios in the last month and this one was maintained the best. We closed the deal at 2L, it is a slightly more than I would've liked to pay but it was the right car (we preferred the red colour). I also appreciated the add-ons such as Autocop, good audio system, etc..
Congrats and welcome to the palio club!

Will look forward to your ownership report. The real value of Palio is just like what you have paid but market has brought its prices down and many included yours truly took its advantage and bought one for a bargain

Anyway, you are the owner and your priorities count. Enjoy and drive safe!
Old 11th January 2010, 00:28   #1370
BHPian

Prateekm,

I believe 10,00,000 would be a good value. Carwale website gives the follwing details.

Individual Value
Car Condition Excellent Good Fair
Car Value (Rs.) 10,82,500 10,40,500 9,72,500

Dealer Value
Car Condition Excellent Good Fair
Car Value (Rs.) 9,99,000 9,57,000 8,89,000
Old 11th January 2010, 00:45   #1371
BHPian

How much could i expect for my wagonR if sold n Mangalore/karnataka. the details are as follows..

Car: March 08 WagonR Lxi metallic silver.
Odo: about 4k kms.
History: The shell was changed as the car fell off the side of a concrete road within a month of purchase and toppled over at about 80km/ph. Insurance agent offered to have the shell chaged for some extra $ and i agreed as it was for keeps. All work done at Mandovi and done properly.

Reason for sale: Picked up a sx4 for my folks as they are scared of high cars now.

Im getting horrible offers. Im looking for imputs from you'll, espicially members who have sold off/ bought wagonr's of similar vintage.

Thanks
Zahin Aranha.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:12   #1372
BHPian

2008 Honda Accord for 16.5 lakhs?

My brother is being offered a

2008 black 2.4 vtec honda accord with ask for Rs 16.5 lacs.
13500 kms company car

Is this resonable. I have not been in the market for a while so inputs would be appreciated.

The dealer is known to us so authenticity I am taking for granted

Thanks for your inputs
Old 12th January 2010, 12:16   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepdayanand View Post
Hi s3va, Happy new year!

In general, I price a used car based on 15% depreciation.

If you have any further queries, could you PM me and we can take it from there?

Regards,
Pradeep
Thanks a ton to your response. I shall consider your inputs while pricing the deal
Old 12th January 2010, 17:40   #1374
BHPian

I had a look at this car and the observation is as follows. I would appreciate if anyone can give their expert opinion on this.

> Car is run 70K Km, second owner, service books available
> Interior and Exterior need some re-work and not in excellent condition
> After doing some research with dealers and internet came to a conclusion that anything between 3.10 and 3.25 would be a good price for such a car. (Did not negotiate with friend about this but had mentioned to him - in fact he suggested me to do some research outside)
> My friend is so confident about the vehicle and I appreciate him for considering the fact that we know each other for a long years and would have to be like that for the rest of years, so I dont anticipate any surprises / issues which are known currently about the vehicle.

Questions:
1. I am concerned about any major service schedule/unscheduled happen between 70 K and 100 K kms (I plan to use the car for 30 K kms at least). Can any honda expert comment on what would be the major service around this interval? Am thinking of Water pump, timing belt, suspensions etc and hopefully no engine overhauls. PLEASE COMMENT!

2. My other concern is about reselling this vehicle, when I plan to sell it would be 3rd owner and 100 K km (6 digits). Is this going to cause much serious damage to my pocket in re-sale markets? PLEASE COMMENT!

3. After doing the research (looking at and driving similar honda citys with dealers) observed that my friend's honda city (1.5 Exi (New)) 2003 model's Engine do not have the black color plastic head unit on top of the engine, where as the other cars had this - is this something to worry about? Is there any reason for this? PLEASE COMMENT!

Request to share your views on this please.

Regards,
narayanang76

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
apparently one of my friend who is currently abroad want to sell his NHC (Honda City 1.5 Exi (New)) and topic came up while on casual talk. he hasnt quoted a price, I havent seen the vehicle yet (will do tomorrow) and then decide. Here are the details about the car.

2003 November
Honda City 1.5 Exi (New)
70000 Kms on odo approximately
2nd Owner
Blue Color
Bangalore Registered (KA 01)
Evertything in stock condition, 4 new Bridgestone tyres recently
History can be fetchd from Whitefield honda if required

Question: What would be a descent price for a descent/good condition car like this?

Friend searched on Car Wale and approximately mentioned 3.5 Lacs to 4 Lacs. I feel I would decide after seeing the vehicle tomorrow. Thinking of taking the car to a used car, preferably honda itself and valuate before quoting my price. Challenge is due to friendship, dont want to negotiate, and also avoide quoting higher/lesser - want it to be straight and decide.

Any advice, support on this would help.

Thanks,
narayanang76
Old 14th January 2010, 23:13   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Laura May 2009; sold for 10lac ! Trivandrum sale.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:58   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Skoda Laura May 2009; sold for 10lac ! Trivandrum sale.
Which variant is it? Ambiente or Elegance or L&K?
Old 15th January 2010, 00:07   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Can somebody tell the best price on this :

2006 Aug Laura L&K A/T, 1st owner, nicely maintained, No turbo/DSG failure. 50k running. Stanley leather and michelin tyres (new).
That L&K is the real thing with all the bells & whistles, the new L&K comes with a 2.0 engine but several goodies like the sunroof etc are missing. The seats seem OE genuine leather. The tyres themselves cost about 8K each.

You can expect to pay between 10 & 12 L.

Cheers,
Old 20th January 2010, 13:24   #1378
BHPian

Friends,
Please help me to evaluate the price of this car:

Ford Fiesta (EXI/SXI/ZXI) 1.4 TDCI
ODO: 44000
Year: Apr-2006
Driven by lady(relative's friend) and recenty they changed the tyres.
Some dents on the body

How much i can ask for steal this? Is it advicable to buy a used Fiesta TDCI which ran more than 40K? Will it be pocket friendly? Please help me to finalize this.. Awaiting for your vauable suggestions..
Old 20th January 2010, 13:36   #1379
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this car would have cost approx 18 ish when bought new
and ravveendrra is bang on - it really is a brilliant car - the older L&K Laura was ANY DAY more loaded than the newer version L&L Laura.
Worth buying this car at Rs 9.5 - 10 lacs because these higher end expensive cars typically depreciate a clean 50% in value in the first 2 years itself. If the car is seriously well kept and you really like it a lot, then maybe you can push yourself another 50 grand or so to about 10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
That L&K is the real thing with all the bells & whistles, the new L&K comes with a 2.0 engine but several goodies like the sunroof etc are missing. The seats seem OE genuine leather. The tyres themselves cost about 8K each.

You can expect to pay between 10 & 12 L.

Cheers,
Old 21st January 2010, 22:13   #1380
BHPian

Friends,
I have a Maruti 800 car, details as below

>year-1999, Std, Type-II (Carb engine)
>Odo-43K
>second Owner
>RTO approved Lovato gas kit with Toroidal tank; So no compromise with luggage space
>Comprehensive insurance
>New radial tyres, a year old battery.

what is the price I can expect fot this car here in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks