Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 16:21   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Guys, could someone tell me how much to bargain for a Aug-2004 Elantra CRDi in Trivandrum? Chauffeur-driven, 78K on the odo, service done at 73K, no shunts, owned by a jewelry showroom owner, so probably maintained well.

Also, I'm looking at a Aug-2008 model Indigo CS DiCOR LS at the same dealer. Run only 26K, single owner, self-driven, changing car to buy SUV. Black, with art leather seat covers, Pioneer stereo with 4 speakers, reverse camera etc. LS model has AC, PS and CL. I asked at Tata dealer's exchange shop, and they said 2008 Indigo CS is worth no more than 3.5 at the maximum. Dealer is asking for 4.1. Is this guy trying his luck with me or should I quote something like 3.25L?

I also found a 2005 Scorpio with 81K on the odo at a First Choice. They are asking 4.4 for it. It's the full-option model, 2.6 non-CRDe model. What are the caveats, and should I consider it at all?

stay away from the Elantra
6 yr old diesel car in Kerala that too owned by businessman would have run much more than the 78k it shows ! to top it driver driven.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:13   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
stay away from the Elantra
6 yr old diesel car in Kerala that too owned by businessman would have run much more than the 78k it shows ! to top it driver driven.
I decided not to go for any of those cars. The Elantra has a service coming up at 80K which will mean a big expense (at least 20K acc. to Hilton Hyundai). The car's mileage is correct. I verified the service records. Last service done by Hilton Hyundai at 73K, which was a clutch overhaul.

The Indigo CS has oil consumption issues, which could not be corrected by Kulathungal Motors after many attempts, and they recommended the owner to sell it off. I verified with the service guys there. But otherwise, the car is a gem, services done correctly, no issues reported by owner, no shunts. even has a bit of the new car smell left!

As for the Scorpio, it is simply too old. It's a 2004 model, which means no CRDe, turbo leaks, overheating issues etc acc. to Overdrive. So, my search is still ongoing. I can't thank Team-Bhp enough for its used car threads which warned me of the caveats. Otherwise, I would have definitely fallen for the Indigo's black gleam.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:47   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Was looking for a used ikon for my friend. Came across a very well maintained 2005 model flair. Single owner and the odo show only 24+ k. No visible damage except a small dent in the door and scratched rear brake light. The full service history apparently available and can be produce if needed.
The asking price is 3.10 lakh, negotiable. Dealer says that the owner might come down to 2.9, no more. What do you think should we offer?

Last edited by Jaguar : 15th February 2010 at 15:49.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:58   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Was looking for a used ikon for my friend. Came across a very well maintained 2005 model flair. Single owner and the odo show only 24+ k. No visible damage except a small dent in the door and scratched rear brake light. The full service history apparently available and can be produce if needed.
The asking price is 3.10 lakh, negotiable. Dealer says that the owner might come down to 2.9, no more. What do you think should we offer?
But 2005 Ford Ikon you can get 21.-2.3 with 40-45k kms on the odo. You need not fret on this. I recently came across black ford ikon with just 17k kms, model 2005. But the owner was quoting 2.3L. Vehicle was in good condition. Only thing why these guys are selling is that their extended warranty period is over and it is costly affair to maintain. But if you get a good car then you can go ahead. But 3.1L is little bit more.
Old 15th February 2010, 19:29   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
But 2005 Ford Ikon you can get 21.-2.3 with 40-45k kms on the odo. You need not fret on this. I recently came across black ford ikon with just 17k kms, model 2005. But the owner was quoting 2.3L. Vehicle was in good condition.
The above statement is confusing me. You say that one can get the ikon for 2.1-2.3. Then why a but for the owner quoting 2.3 part? Wasn't he quoting the right price (as per you) or was there some other issue? Maybe you should re-word your post to make it more clear

I do know about the maintenance part, (own an ikon myself, still under warranty) and its not that expensive as people presume. What I want to know is the approx price for a 5 year old well maintained ikon.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:37   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The above statement is confusing me. You say that one can get the ikon for 2.1-2.3. Then why a but for the owner quoting 2.3 part? Wasn't he quoting the right price (as per you) or was there some other issue? Maybe you should re-word your post to make it more clear

I do know about the maintenance part, (own an ikon myself, still under warranty) and its not that expensive as people presume. What I want to know is the approx price for a 5 year old well maintained ikon.
Jaguar, You are right. There was typo on the price front. Thanks for pointing it. For any 5 year old Ikon the seconds value is around 1.7-1.9L IMO.If the car is maintained immaculately then another 10-20K more max.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:58   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Price for M800

Can someone please suggest the price for a 1997 M800 done about 45k. The car is very well maintained but has quite a few dents, (total denting and painting quoted at 10k). The car was bought new but has changed many owners within the family itself. I'm either the 6th or the 7th owner and the immediate predecessor was my wife and before that my MIL and so on.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:38   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Can someone please suggest the price for a 1997 M800 done about 45k. The car is very well maintained but has quite a few dents, (total denting and painting quoted at 10k). The car was bought new but has changed many owners within the family itself. I'm either the 6th or the 7th owner and the immediate predecessor was my wife and before that my MIL and so on.
Max it can fetch 40-50K if it is in excellent condition.Since 10K has to be invested then it might come down a little bit also. But if you get 50K then it is a very good price IMO
Old 16th February 2010, 10:53   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one of my friends is buying a second hand Maruti Zen. An acquaintance of mine has told me about a car, 2003 model, White colour, Lxi (i'm not too sure about this). It has run about 37k, second owner and he says it is in immaculate condition. He's quoting around 1.9L which I think is too high.

What is the usual rate for a 2003 Zen? How much do you think I can bargain for in this situation? What do you think is a 'good' price for the above said car, provided it is in very good condition? I'll be checking the car later today.

EDIT: Is there any way to check odo tampering?
Old 16th February 2010, 10:56   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Guys, one of my friends is buying a second hand Maruti Zen. An acquaintance of mine has told me about a car, 2003 model, White colour, Lxi (i'm not too sure about this). It has run about 37k, second owner and he says it is in immaculate condition. He's quoting around 1.9L which I think is too high.

What is the usual rate for a 2003 Zen? How much do you think I can bargain for in this situation? What do you think is a 'good' price for the above said car, provided it is in very good condition? I'll be checking the car later today.

Tyres, service records and PUC certificates are a dead giveaways.
Old 16th February 2010, 11:46   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

You can pay upto 1.3-1.5L IMO for 2003 zen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Tyres, service records and PUC certificates are a dead giveaways.
Along with the above just drive the car and see if the odo needle and numbers shake and jumps. If it happens then it is tampered.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:30   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Indigo CS LS TDI - June 2008, 40K Kms - FYI

I have put my Indigo CS TDI on the block. This post is just a FYI for all you readers.

Details.
Indigo CS LS TDI
JUNE 2008 Model
Company Fitted - A/C + Pwr Steering
Extended Warranty procured (it a TATA, read on why its needed)
NO AUDIO (I removed it all)
AutoCop - 4 Doors Pwr Window
AutoCop - Remote Central Locking
ODO - 38,900Kms
Insurance - Due in another 3 months
Tyres - Got another MAX 10K Kms in them
Accidents - Here
(Pretty much the car was dismantled and put back toghether. Chassis was welded for a new cross member, thanks to a tiny 1 foot boulder in the middle of the GQ, Work was dont in a TASS)

Post the accident, car was used for a further ~20Kms without any trouble whatsoever. The usual TATA Rattles was omni-present!!

Niggles - 1 blown Alternator and 1 blown ECU (Warranty replacement done)

Freebies - Reverse Sensor (2k Rs) on Bumper and MINDA Gearlock (1K Rs) cant be removed, so they go along with the car.

Lots of free scratches on front and rear bumper are complimentary. Rear Left door dented and scratched thanks to a HORNY Cow!!! Needs Re-Painting.

(Slightly soiled) Fabric AFM seat covers (~2K) remain with the car, but the OE upholstery remains clean.

-----------------------------------------------------

Showroom Delivery Invoice reads 4,34,000 Rs and add on another ~55K for TamilNadu Road tax and 1yr Insurance, the OTR was ~4.9L. ~14K for Pwr Windows = the car costed me 5,05,000 nearly 20 months ago.

For the above I have been offered 3,20,000 Rs by Tata Assured (Buy Back program). Yes, they know all about the accident, since they were the one's who fixed it. (I did not put it up in TBHP since I knowingly didnt want to sell such a car to our guys here). They certify it with a year's warranty to the next buyer.

The deal will be closed in a weeks time.

Last edited by svsantosh : 16th February 2010 at 12:33.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:32   #1423
Senior - BHPian

@svsantosh, nice of you that you told everything here and still nice that you are selling it to the dealers itself rather than an unsuspecting customer. Good job dude. By the way which are you going for now?
Old 17th February 2010, 11:45   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
How much for a 2007 super sparingly used Fiesta Zxi ? No scratches, dents, major or minor accidents. Kerala bought, changed to Karnataka. Silver color. Stock.
A dealer said 4 - 4.5 . I found this too low o depart with problem free car as such.
I say 5. What says guys ?
Old 17th February 2010, 12:00   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hi All,
How much for a 2007 super sparingly used Fiesta Zxi ? No scratches, dents, major or minor accidents. Kerala bought, changed to Karnataka. Silver color. Stock.
A dealer said 4 - 4.5 . I found this too low o depart with problem free car as such.
I say 5. What says guys ?
I presume you mean <10000 kms of driving as super sparingly used. Also you are reffering to 1.4 ZXi I presume.

If that is the case 4.5 L it is a good deal go for it. No one will give 5L for 1.4 ZXi. Even 1.6ZXI would fetch about 4.5L at max.

Most Viewed