Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 12:01   #1501
BHPian

used ohc's and baleno's

Hi,

I am in look out for OHC in range - 2000 - 2003 models. Was looking for individual owned cars rather than dealer ones. Very hard to get man. have to be very patient and watch out with lots effort. Even now i am fine with well maintained single owned balenos.

Almost closed out a deal on 2002 1.3 exi OHC single owner 25k km, bnglr reg, on 3 lakh rupees. At the last moment the owner backed out, changed his mind. What you say.

It was a great loss, I thought it was a good offer, but bad luck seems to prevail.

rgrds
prsn
Old 10th March 2010, 12:10   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi,

I am in look out for OHC in range - 2000 - 2003 models. Was looking for individual owned cars rather than dealer ones. Very hard to get man. have to be very patient and watch out with lots effort. Even now i am fine with well maintained single owned balenos.
Almost closed out a deal on 2002 1.3 exi OHC single owner 25k km, bnglr reg, on 3 lakh rupees. At the last moment the owner backed out, changed his mind. What you say.It was a great loss, I thought it was a good offer, but bad luck seems to prevail.
rgrds prsn
@Prsn, 2002 OHC which you mentioned good that you didn't give 3L. It would have been worth for 2.1-2.3L Max. If you were fully behind that car and immaculately maintained then another 10K extra. 2002 and 2003 you will get around 2.5L max which has run almost 50-60K. But as you said it is very difficult to get and have to be patient and keep on watching the advt section or else if you know anyone from the dealer where then when any cars comes to them for second sale it can be taken away by you within 5mins. Many of my friends have done that.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:17   #1503
BHPian

ohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@prsnck, AFAIK on the price front it should be around 2-2.1L. This is due to the fact and information given by you in the first paragraph. Since it is a 2002 model and almost 60K there might be a work on clutch overhaul and belt timing. This will cost you some amount. Moreover just check the odo reading has been tampered or not.You never know what has happened. Check the body line for accidents etc.
Hi shishir,

I too had the same feeling reg odo reading. I asked him too, he told it was from First choice and more over shown me log book entries pertaining to 40k km and latest 50k km. Hope this all can be believed, more over he told to confirm with white field honda.

Now i feel too sad to hear that it fetches only around 2-2.1L. Should have told in that range only. My bad. I think we should always stick with low mileage vehicles if its used one. Was unable to get one for a long time, i am tempted nowadays by even 50 -60 k km run OHC's . Since its very rare unless its hardly run, to get any OHC's in 2000 - 2003 models less than 50k km run.

work on clutch overhaul and belt timing - I would almost agree to this. I too felt so.

just to let you know - my earlier deal got cancelled since owner changed mind.

2002 1.3 exi/25k km/single owner/bnglr reg/comp insure - 3 lakh

thanks anway,

rgrds
prsn
Old 10th March 2010, 12:33   #1504
Senior - BHPian

@prsnck, the log book entries can be trusted if it complies with the dealer records. But when it runs for 50-60K kms then we need to see if the clutch overhaul and belt timing has been done within the extended warranty period or it is still due. Sometimes this will be a bomb on our pockets
Old 10th March 2010, 12:50   #1505
BHPian

Hi,

How much can I expect for a WagonR Duo Lxi DEC 06 which has run 37K Kms with alloys, upgraded tyres and headlights

Regards
Old 10th March 2010, 12:52   #1506
BHPian

thx

Quote:
@Prsn, 2002 OHC which you mentioned good that you didn't give 3L. It would have been worth for 2.1-2.3L Max. If you were fully behind that car and immaculately maintained then another 10K extra. 2002 and 2003 you will get around 2.5L max which has run almost 50-60K. But as you said it is very difficult to get and have to be patient and keep on watching the advt section or else if you know anyone from the dealer where then when any cars comes to them for second sale it can be taken away by you within 5mins. Many of my friends have done that.

shishir,

thanks a lots for all the info. It was good to know these kind of info, which mostly comes with exp. And on similar lines there is a 2000 vtec/II owner/bnglr/70k run asking price of 3.8 lkh. How on earth they feel asking these kind of prices. Let me know if u get any OHC's 2002 - 03 in bnglr in case.

tempted by the car, seeing it on tbhp only.

Haa last time, my 2000 zen was done deal in that way. That was the best thing I have driven and still drive other than OHc's..! . Zen, its a world car only!!

rgrds
prsn
Old 10th March 2010, 13:34   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
shishir, thanks a lots for all the info. It was good to know these kind of info, which mostly comes with exp. And on similar lines there is a 2000 vtec/II owner/bnglr/70k run asking price of 3.8 lkh. How on earth they feel asking these kind of prices. Let me know if u get any OHC's 2002 - 03 in bnglr in case.tempted by the car, seeing it on tbhp only. Haa last time, my 2000 zen was done deal in that way. That was the best thing I have driven and still drive other than OHc's..! . Zen, its a world car only!!rgrds prsn
That 2000 owner quoting 3.8L is making a joke of himself. Maybe he has done some typo error. Instead of 1.8 he has typed 3.8. Just a wild guess. I will keep an eye for the same. But try the dealer way which I told. When a new car comes in and before it goes for servicing they will call you and you can finish the deal.Check it out.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:52   #1508
BHPian

Thanks Shishir. Yesterday, I called up two Maruti True value outlet guys to quote for my Zen. To my pleseant surprise, they offered me 80K and 85K respectively. On top of this, they are ready to give another 10K for Ritz and 15K for Wagon R as exchange bonus. I am willing to do that but my wife has started liking Spark now since her elder sister has also bought it 5 months back.
So the fun starts all over again now.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:10   #1509
Senior - BHPian

@JKBKS, fantastic dude. Very good news that you are getting that much. Go ahead then.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your post JKBKS. You had a thread created for the hatchback(what car section) and you had shortlisted with wagon-R, i10 and some others and now you are back to the starting point with spark.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:33   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
@JKBKS, fantastic dude. Very good news that you are getting that much. Go ahead then.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your post JKBKS. You had a thread created for the hatchback(what car section) and you had shortlisted with wagon-R, i10 and some others and now you are back to the starting point with spark.
I know but what to with our better halves !!!

I-10 is out after TD. Race is between Ritz, WagonR/Estillo and Spark now.
My thought process is since I am not going to drive it anyways why waste time and money over car selection and simply go ahead and buy a Spark.
But my heart is set on Ritz (after reading GTO's glowing reviews). Also that exchange bonus of 15K is a factor which the Chevy dealership is not ready to match...
Old 10th March 2010, 19:08   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Could someone tell me what would be the value of this car in exactly 1 year

I10 - 1.2 - KAPPA - SPORTZ VARIANT
buy date - March 2010
sell date - march 2011
kms - 8000kms
immacuately maintained
city - chennai
Old 10th March 2010, 19:30   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
@Deep--> As I told earlier if you get a guy for 5L then you will be lucky.
@Cesc--> It is all plain luck. If @Deep gets more then I will be happy. But getting a person who doesn't know anything about automobiles in today's world is difficult
Luck has got pretty little to do with car resale values. Car condition/brand/mileage/vintage has got everything to do with it.

If you are trying to imply that anybody paying >5 lacs for the car in question 'doesn't know anything about automobiles' then IMO you should think again. For starters one can go check carwale.com's valuation of the exact car for Kerala. The lowest rung (dealer price for fair condition) is at a good 5+ whereas the highest rung (individual value for excellent condition) is at a good 6+. Not an exact pointer but still there or thereabouts.

For an exact pointer - I myself own an Octy in L&K trim. The car was bought in 2005 and has done significantly higher mileage than Deep Blue's. Last year I came close to selling it and were quoted prices ranging from 6.25 to 6.5 lacs by DEALERS in Gurgaon and Delhi. Even Mahindra's First Choice in Gurgaon quoted 6.15 for the car. And then these were dealers from NCR area - which is probably the cheapest place to buy used cars.
Old 11th March 2010, 08:44   #1513
BHPian

Hi All,

Iam in search for my second car and my choice is Ikon 1.6 nxt in black. Iam floored with the performance of car and fully aware of maintenance issues(if any) with this model. Therefore decided to go in search of this model. My preference was Palio 1.6 but I own a Palio 1.2 sport, so again a same model is not making sense. I request all to advice me about the fair price to be paid for the ikon (details below) offered to me in Bangalore.

Model: Ikon 1.6 Nxt ZXI(Sep 2004)
Kms: 54000
Owners: Third (the buyer will be 4th owner). Iam not happy about it:-(
Colour: Black.
Price Quoted: 2.35L

Iam yet to see the car and fully aware of the fact that the testdrive and inspection of body panel, mechanicals, tyres etc are necessary for deciding about the price. However, if the vehicle is in reasonable condition, how much should I offer for the same in Bangalore.

Thanks
aravindpn
Old 11th March 2010, 09:15   #1514

used honda city gxi 2004

hi all

sold my honda city gxi 2004 first owner dolphin model for 3.75 lacs
it had done 64000 kms and was well maintained so got a good price .
Old 15th March 2010, 09:42   #1515
Senior - BHPian

I am getting an Hyundai i10 1.1 irde Era for Rs.3,10,000/-. It is Mar, 2009 model with 13k on odo, white color.

Is it a good price for it? If not, what should I quote ?

Most Viewed