Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 11:50   #3001
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,

I am planning to sell my Wagon R Vxi, bought on March 2007 with 49K ODO. I have added five alloy wheels when i bought the car. Also i have added two additional speakers and one LCD monitor to connect my mobile. The music system has USB option (single din, Kenwood).

I checked Carwale and it gives 2.6 Lacs for the excellent one. I am planning to keep it as a minimum price considering the additions i have done. The car is in good condition (with few dents and scratches) and always maintained well. Changed four tubeless tyres (Bridgetone, TURANZA) last year and done 15K KMs after that.

Please let me know the approximate price i can quote based on any of your recent search or actual selling in Chennai.

Regards
Deva
Old 18th May 2011, 12:47   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
All dealers are alike birds of a feather Flock together so any market would suffice but you defininately know how to check a used car otherwise they will take you for a ride .

Ritz and Swift VDI are hard to find and the good ones are priced obnoxiously, I guess the jazz has the same engine that the City has so presumably it would work well with CNG but you should get a reputed mech's opinion on this. Also try and bargain hard for the Jazz The dealer would have picked it up dirt cheap!! theese guys play with huge margins most of the times to quote an eg: a Dealer picked up a Used Accent Viva petrol, red 2007 with 46K KMs complete service record just the front bumper needed touching from Malcha marg for 1.5 lakh , He sold it yesterday for 2.4 Lakhs!!

Ok! You seem to be smart buyer as you're considering the Jazz in the used car market. In general, the best deals are found on cars which, though good cars, were/are a market flop. Jazz fits that bill perfectly. On the other hand, you have relatively mediocre cars, which are priced high since they are market hit (like WagonR?).

If I were in your position, I'll bargain real hard on this one. Start at 4 and don't go above 4.2 at any cost. You can get a new POLO for 5ish. Delhi is the best place to buy used cars (I am from Delhi buddy, do I know). Also, the mentality plays a big factor. In Dilli, the general mentality is to use and change cars every few years. So, the second hand cars are not as costly. In some other parts in the country like Bangalore, people stick to their used cars like anything. They will quote insane prices (oh yes, even after factoring the high initial cost, the prices ate still insane)for poor cars and insist that its a good car. They don't care if it not sold. That's not the case in Delhi, so you should find a good deal soon.

To the other part, fitting CNG in Jazz seems to be another smart idea as it then becomes the perfect city car: spacious, full of quality, and cheap to run. You'll not find too many Jazzs with CNG simply coz the car has sold so less.

The car was 7.4 on road for the base model, so 3-3.5 depreciation in the price seems fair.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 18th May 2011 at 12:51.
Old 18th May 2011, 22:25   #3003
BHPian

How much could be a good buyers price for 11/2009 Fiesta ZXi 1.4L TDCi, run ~15000km
in Bangalore. Has ABS too .
Old 18th May 2011, 23:59   #3004
BHPian

@Twiny: Owing to the fact that the car is 1.5 years old and has run 15K km. Zxi being the top end version around 8L ex-showroom at the time of its purchase, you can try to get it for around 6.2 L.

The reason I think it should be definitely below 6.5 L is because this particular model has been discontinued.

Its like Getz lost its value after model was discontinued.

However the Old Zen became gold mine since the subsequent versions were not as good.
Old 19th May 2011, 03:50   #3005
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Please Help - Used Car in Mumbai/Thane - Budget 2 Lac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Budget capped to 2 lac.
Monthly run of approx. 1200-1300 Kms.
options:
1- 2000/1/2 Mistubishi Lancer - priced between 1.3-1.8 lac
2- 2004/2005 Suzuki Esteem Vxi - priced between 1.6-2.0 lac.
3- 2004 Hyunda Gets (ABS) - priced at around 2.2 lac.
4- 2004/2005 Hyundai Santro XO - priced at approx. 2 lac.
5- 2004/2005 Suzuki Zen - priced between 1.5-2 lac
Also, could anyone suggest a trustable mechanic (in Thane Area - Vasant Vihar) who I can take along with me to inspect a car in case I like a car.

Please suggest what all are my options, where to look for, reference to used car dealers, any other tips.
Why don't you have a look at the Alto? A 2008 model Lxi would fit perfectly within your budget. No nonsense perfect city commuter. Great FE too.

As for checking the car, authorised service stations can do that for you, for a small fee though.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:15   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
@Twiny: Owing to the fact that the car is 1.5 years old and has run 15K km. Zxi being the top end version around 8L ex-showroom at the time of its purchase, you can try to get it for around 6.2 L.

The reason I think it should be definitely below 6.5 L is because this particular model has been discontinued.
Thanks bandlimitedlife.. but isn't the same 1.4diesel engine is there in current fiesta-classic ?
Old 19th May 2011, 08:59   #3007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Thanks bandlimitedlife.. but isn't the same 1.4diesel engine is there in current fiesta-classic ?
Could very well be. But once you have done your bit of using and want to sell it the next buyer will think on these terms. So thats a drop in your resale value. So it is better you consider this as well.

Analogously, I am sure the resale prices of the old verna will drop due to the availability of new one now.
Old 19th May 2011, 09:47   #3008
BHPian

Guys, what is an *optimistic* figure for my 2001 M800?
-> Chennai Reg., TN LTT paid 36k km run, aftermarket AC, 18th century ki cassette player, interiors extremely clean (in fact plastic sheets on the doorpads still intact!), V.Good running condition. Have been quoted 65k in Bangalore.
What are realistic figures to expect in
1) Bangalore
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Chennai
?
TIA.
Old 19th May 2011, 11:24   #3009
BHPian

what could be a good price to get, for my 03/2007 NHC_ZX-VTEC 56k km run in Cochin.
Old 19th May 2011, 11:29   #3010
BHPian

^ Don't know about Cochin but a similar one here in Delhi/NCR would go for between 4.25-4.5L.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:39   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha View Post
guys how much can i pay for zen automatic,getting one from my dad's friend.only concern is it worth buying.
I would not recommend considering the following issues I faced while owning one for 5 years.

1. The engine is very good but the gearbox is jerky and this is 3 geared autobox.

2. The AC is not very effective.

3. No power steering.

Other think to be considered is that the gearbox being obsolete getting that fixed in case of a fault would be time taking and expensive. I suggest stay away
onesomeone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 13:53   #3012
BHPian

Any idea if prices for Petrol cars have come down due to petrol price increase and anticipated increase ? This is the reason quoted by some dealers etc if you are in market to sell the car.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:44   #3013
BHPian

Hello Gurus of teamBHP!

I'm planning to buy a used car under 2.5 lakhs in Hyderabad.

I would like some advice from BHPians on what car would suit me, based on the following pointers.

This would be my 1st car.
My usage would not exceed 800Km a month including highway driving.
I would want to keep the car for at least 4 years from now.
I'm looking for some good FE and no nonsense maintenance to start with.
Would want to spend no more than 4.5k each month on fuel + service and spares.
I'm 5'9'' and not so comfortable in an Alto. :-(

I thought a WagonR Duo would be it. I really like WagorR's spacious interiors and the ease with which one could enter and exit. Pre-owned dealerships like FirstChoice and Hyundai Advantage quote a 3.2 lakh for 2007/2008 Waggie that did around 40000km. Is it worth that price?

I'm stuck at 2.5 though....
Old 19th May 2011, 17:30   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathreddyt View Post
Hello Gurus of teamBHP!

I'm planning to buy a used car under 2.5 lakhs in Hyderabad.

I would like some advice from BHPians on what car would suit me, based on the following pointers.

This would be my 1st car.
My usage would not exceed 800Km a month including highway driving.
I would want to keep the car for at least 4 years from now.
I'm looking for some good FE and no nonsense maintenance to start with.
Would want to spend no more than 4.5k each month on fuel + service and spares.
I'm 5'9'' and not so comfortable in an Alto. :-(

I thought a WagonR Duo would be it. I really like WagorR's spacious interiors and the ease with which one could enter and exit. Pre-owned dealerships like FirstChoice and Hyundai Advantage quote a 3.2 lakh for 2007/2008 Waggie that did around 40000km. Is it worth that price?

I'm stuck at 2.5 though....
You could try a Chevy Spark (LPG?). Practical and reliable as Wagnor/ Santro but less price tag. Should be available at about 2.5L for 2008/09 model.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:44   #3015

Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Hi Folks - I am trying to determine what would be a good price to ask for a 2009 i10 Sportz Automatic +extended warranty. I am looking to sell the car in the next couple of months.

Most Viewed