Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 03:31   #8656
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Good innovation, Great tool, But the prices are being displayed very low, for any car or any variant , Tuning, Patching or fixing has to be done.

The Prices that are being displayed is way below the market price. SAFARI 2012 Aug, 5.7Lacs, That's like a heart breaker.

Otherwise, A Perfect tool.

Last edited by joshuakeys : 10th December 2013 at 03:35. Reason: editing
Old 10th December 2013, 14:39   #8657
Senior - BHPian

How much do you guys reckon a 2009 model Honda City S AT, second owner car that has run 44050 KMS should fetch? The Team-BHP tool mentions Rs. 4.04 - Rs. 4.53 lakh if selling to a dealer and Rs. 4.27 - Rs. 4.79 lakh if selling privately, but I guess that's for first owner cars. Any thoughts?
Old 10th December 2013, 19:17   #8658
BHPian

Nov 2012 Swift ZXI, around 7K KM's done. What should be a reasonable price to buy this car folks?

Car is registered in Chandigarh. Car is in spotless condition as per owner, I would like to know the price range to keep in mind before taking a look.

For some reason Team BHP tool doesn't work on my PC, nothing happens when I click the button :( Am running IE10, could be a compatibility issue?
Old 10th December 2013, 19:37   #8659
BHPian

What kind of re-sale price can I expect for a Swift Zxi June 2006 model which has done around 68K kms?

The car is single driven and is well maintained. Tyres changed at 54K. Battery changed at 60K.

Also is it good to sell to the dealer agency in the event that I want to avail exchange bonus?
Or its is worth it to take the hassle for finding an individual buyer?

I mean if the exchange bonus balances out things, then it's ok for me to sell to dealer agent.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rajat

Last edited by rajatmakar : 10th December 2013 at 19:38. Reason: Added more info
Old 10th December 2013, 19:49   #8660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post

Also is it good to sell to the dealer agency in the event that I want to avail exchange bonus?
Or its is worth it to take the hassle for finding an individual buyer?

I mean if the exchange bonus balances out things, then it's ok for me to sell to dealer agent.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rajat
Exchange bonus is a real eye wash. Its anyway deducted from the price the dealer is willing to offer you. So its not a bonus in the true sense of the word. Pls try to find an individual buyer if you are not in a hurry
narayan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 10:44   #8661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Exchange bonus is a real eye wash. Its anyway deducted from the price the dealer is willing to offer you. So its not a bonus in the true sense of the word. Pls try to find an individual buyer if you are not in a hurry
The evaluator is offering around 2.3L over phone. He will come for inpsection today.
In carwale, the valuation is between 2.5L to 3.2L, depending on car condition.

Looking at above data, I also agree that it will be better to sell to an individual buyer.
Old 11th December 2013, 10:57   #8662
BHPian

What should be a good price for BMW X5 2002 Petrol 3.0 x drive automatic run 60000 kms in good condition in Bangalore. It may not give a mileage of more than 5 in the city, and may be 8 on highway, maybe that is also the reason why it has run 60K kms in 11 years.
Old 11th December 2013, 11:58   #8663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
What kind of re-sale price can I expect for a Swift Zxi June 2006 model which has done around 68K kms? The car is single driven and is well maintained. Tyres changed at 54K. Battery changed at 60K.
Hello Rajat,

Considering the high prices of used cars in Bangalore, you can expect approx Rs. 2.75 lacs for your June 2006 Maruti Swift Zxi with 68,000 kms on ODO, if you manage you find a direct buyer. Used car dealers will not offer more than Rs. 2.25 / Rs. 2.4 lacs for this car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 16:00   #8664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Nov 2012 Swift ZXI, around 7K KM's done. What should be a reasonable price to buy this car folks?

Car is registered in Chandigarh. Car is in spotless condition as per owner, I would like to know the price range to keep in mind before taking a look.

For some reason Team BHP tool doesn't work on my PC, nothing happens when I click the button :( Am running IE10, could be a compatibility issue?
To continue from my previous post, took a look at the car and it seems to be in a reasonably good condition. It's around 9.5K KMs driven. Has scratches on the bumpers on all 4 corners, which is not surprising since it's being driven in Ambala.

Owner is quoting 5.25. Can someone please guide me what should be a reasonable amount at which this can be picked?
Old 11th December 2013, 17:02   #8665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Owner is quoting 5.25. Can someone please guide me what should be a reasonable amount at which this can be picked?
Hello,

If the condition of the car is really good & the ODO reading of 7,000 kms is genuine, you can offer Rs. 5 lacs but nothing more than that. I will suggest to start the negotiation from Rs. 4.75 lacs.

You may also explore options of buying a new car like Maruti WagonR Vxi for approx Rs. 5 lacs. But I understand, Swift is a much better car then WagonR & this being Zxi, will have safety features like ABS & airbags.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 16:10   #8666
BHPian

Sorry, this was meant for the Used car price check tool. Can the mods move it there please?
Checked for a BMW Z4 2011 model.
It quoted 14lakhs-17lakhs.
I am guessing the formula for the calculation of the quote needs to be finetuned.
possibly, it it just calculating it at a flat depreciation on the base price y-o-y.

Great effort though.
Thanks.

Last edited by rowhun : 13th December 2013 at 16:11. Reason: Wrong thread.
rowhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 18:33   #8667
BHPian

Fellas, a 2012 Honda Jazz X is up for sale, with 11K+ kms. What do you guys think is a fair buying price?
The seller is asking close to 6 lakhs for the vehicle.
I have a soft corner for Jazz, and I wouldnt mind paying a little premium.

Oh and the market is Chennai.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:44   #8668
BHPian

Guys, how much can we expect for a

Car: Maruti Baleno LXi
Model: 2005/06 (guess it's 06 - though not sure enough)
Owner: Presently with 2nd owner.
Mileage: 35K kms.
Color: Silver (immaterial though)
Extras:
+ ves: LPG kit endorsed in RC.
- ves: Quite some amount of kiss marks.

Cheers!
Old 13th December 2013, 22:42   #8669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, how much can we expect for a

Car: Maruti Baleno LXi
Model: 2005/06 (guess it's 06 - though not sure enough)
Owner: Presently with 2nd owner.
Mileage: 35K kms.
Color: Silver (immaterial though)
Extras:
+ ves: LPG kit endorsed in RC.
- ves: Quite some amount of kiss marks.

Cheers!
2.5 lacs max, if it's in good condition.
Old 14th December 2013, 00:02   #8670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queryanalyzer View Post
Fellas, a 2012 Honda Jazz X is up for sale, with 11K+ kms. What do you guys think is a fair buying price? The seller is asking close to 6 lakhs for the vehicle. I have a soft corner for Jazz, and I wouldnt mind paying a little premium. Oh and the market is Chennai.
6 lakhs that's more than a premium he's demanding. I think the ex showroom is about 6.10, you can ask about 5-5.20. Jazz is discontinued and the new model is going to be released soon. Chennai depreciation due to salt water is higher than normal so think carefully before you consider buying, it's not worth 6 lakhs.

Most Viewed