Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 17:58   #8371
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am planning to buy a used car in Delhi, with low mileage, good overall quality. Ride should be good, as it would be for my parents. It got to have the safety features, such as ABS and Airbags, preferably a diesel as they roam a lot.

My personal choice is the older gen Fiesta, may be a 2011-12 model. It is a suitable upgrade from their current ride, a 2006 Baleno LXi, which I am planning to sell off. It comes with the safety features, the diesel engine is one of the best in terms of refinement/reliability. Driving a fiesta is always a pleasure, combines an excellent combination of ride and handling.

Also, Fiestas do not have good resale, so I can find one in good lower budget. Once bought, it would be kept for 5-6 years, so I would not mind if it resales for lower price comparatively.

Can somebody from Delhi help me here with the price of 2-3 yrs old Fiesta diesel top-end in Delhi, with low mileage (<30k KMs)?
Old 27th October 2013, 18:10   #8372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
ZXI Petrol with no accessories, No alloy and stock audio. You think 2.5l is ok?
Yes as a stock car the price is good enough. maybe see if you can top out 10K more. My car had done just 20000 kms in 3.5 years and that helped too.
Old 27th October 2013, 19:41   #8373

Hello,

2004 maroon baleno Vxi, 75000kms on the odo. Keeping sky high bangalore used car prices in mind, what should be the ideal price one can pay?

Also for an esteem 2000 and 2002 OHC 1.5L.

Please suggest.
Old 27th October 2013, 20:08   #8374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Can somebody from Delhi help me here with the price of 2-3 yrs old Fiesta diesel top-end in Delhi, with low mileage (<30k KMs)?
Checkout http://www.carwale.com/used/carvaluation/
You can look for a 2010 Fiesta ZXi 1.4 TDCi ABS for around 4.25-4.5 lakhs. You can get an idea of various diferent year models or even the Ford Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline-six View Post
Hello,

2004 maroon baleno Vxi, 75000kms on the odo. Keeping sky high bangalore used car prices in mind, what should be the ideal price one can pay?

Also for an esteem 2000 and 2002 OHC 1.5L.

Please suggest.
Are you looking to buy/sell?
Anyways, checkout the link above. Should be able to answer your queries. Yes, Bangalore is surely more expensive & it shows in the prices on the above link too.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 21:10   #8375
BHPian

Hello.
Recently my friend bought a used swift vdi 2010 model which has clocked around 60k kilometers on the odo. He said me that he paid 5L for it. I think it is too much for a car that has clocked 60k kms.
Please let me know what you think.
Old 27th October 2013, 22:04   #8376

Are you looking to buy/sell?
Anyways, checkout the link above. Should be able to answer your queries. Yes, Bangalore is surely more expensive & it shows in the prices on the above link too.[/quote]

Thanks for the link, I am looking forward to buy a car. Checked out the evaluated prices on the link provided, but the prices seem to be way too optimistic from the buyers point of view, hehe. I wonder how many people would be ready to give off their loved balenos in fairly good condition for 1.23lacs. Even a 2002 model badly maintained baleno lxi at the used car dealer near my house is tagged 2.2lacs. However esteem 2001 for 65k to 85k seems fine looking at the used car market scenario in Bangalore. And for OHC, have the owners gold plated their cars or something?? Every car seems to be overpriced. A 2003 OHC 1.5exi at 2.5lacs at a koramangala used car dealer, and thats not even a v-tec!!!
Old 27th October 2013, 22:10   #8377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
Hello.
Recently my friend bought a used swift vdi 2010 model which has clocked around 60k kilometers on the odo. He said me that he paid 5L for it. I think it is too much for a car that has clocked 60k kms.

I too agree with you and find the valuation steep.
Old 27th October 2013, 22:14   #8378
BHPian

Quote:
Hello.
Is extremely overpriced by more than a lakh! A new swift Vdi today comes at 6lakh ex-showroom in Delhi!
Old 27th October 2013, 22:15   #8379
BHPian

Quote:
Hello.
I sold my swift ldi 2008 in feb this year with 90k on odo for 3.8L. It's because of high demand for swift and 'Maruti' tag.
Though I would had gone for a new hatch instead of used one in that price, but that's me!
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 22:26   #8380
BHPian

Quote:
Hello.
In Bangalore you will not get this car for less than 5.5 L, even if it has done 60K, call this irony but its how it is here.
Old 27th October 2013, 23:16   #8381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I too agree with you and find the valuation steep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Is extremely overpriced by more than a lakh! A new swift Vdi today comes at 6lakh ex-showroom in Delhi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
I sold my swift ldi 2008 in feb this year with 90k on odo for 3.8L. It's because of high demand for swift and 'Maruti' tag.
Though I would had gone for a new hatch instead of used one in that price, but that's me!
Anybody would have gone for a new hatch. His family was on a tight budget of 5L and wanted only a swift so they might have gone for it without much thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
In Bangalore you will not get this car for less than 5.5 L, even if it has done 60K, call this irony but its how it is here.
Yeah, that is true.

What do you guys think the car is worth?
Old 28th October 2013, 09:07   #8382
Senior - BHPian

Guys I see reference to car wale valuations in the last few pages. This has been discussed in the past many times but for the info of new members in this thread, car wale valuations are mostly off the mark in most cases and are on the higher side mainly because the website is dominated by dealers.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:42   #8383
BHPian

A used car dealer has a BRAND NEW Sunny Diesel XV for just 8.5 lacs! How is this even possible?
The car is a 2013 model and still on TC plates.

And the same dealer has a 2012 used Sunny XV for 9 lacs.

Can the 2013 model be a case of a car damaged in transit and hence going for so low?
Old 28th October 2013, 13:49   #8384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
ACan the 2013 model be a case of a car damaged in transit and hence going for so low?
Anything is possible in used car market.

Please be very careful & investigate the history of the car - as to why the car with TC plates landed with a used car dealer?

I would like to share my personal experience - my WagonR was scrapped as a total loss case only to be repaired & sold off to a unsuspecting buyer in the used car market in Mumbai.

Thanks,
Old 28th October 2013, 14:04   #8385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
A used car dealer has a BRAND NEW Sunny Diesel XV for just 8.5 lacs! How is this even possible?
Last year I had seen an Alto, damaged during unloading operations and was offered at Rs 70000 less at a dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks