Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 16:33   #4351
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Used (Worshipped) Car Price ADVICE NEEDED:

Toyota Corolla ALTIS PETROL AUTOMATIC (Fully Loaded TOP END)
Absolutely Scratchless, MINT condition,
June-2008, Maroon Color
TN30-(Fancy#) - Salem Regn, TamilNadu
1st owner - GENUINE 8000KMS (ONLY!!!) (Owned by known & Reputable Top Surgeon in that City)

EXPECTED 5L (NEGOTIABLE..!!)

Is it worth it, or do these models go for lot lesser?
I am sure the ALTIS came later. 5L is a terrific price and santosh the corolla is a 'C' car not 'A' car. Forget the santro and take this one after you check with the insurance.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 11:22   #4352
Senior - BHPian

What would have been the price of this Corolla-AT when new in 2008 ? Between 12-13L atleast I guess. If so, isn't 5L a shade too low an asking price ? I guess the "low" price is causing doubt here. But yes, if genuine, 5L is an awesome price for that car.
Old 9th March 2012, 23:35   #4353
BHPian

Guys, my friend is looking out for a used Santro and he has got the below quote. Please pour in your opinion on this.

Model: 2006. Not sure which variant it is.
Owner: 3rd owner at present. So, my friend - if he buys - would become the 4th owner
Odo reading: 26K kms
Condition: Haven't seen the car yet. But through a reliable source, heard that its in good condition.
Price quoted: Rs.1.4lakhs.

I feel, the only negative - if the car is in good condition - is that it has already changed hands 2 times and my friend would become 4th owner. So, the resale value would take a hit. However, he is planning to keep this car for 2-3 years at least which will reduce the resale-dent quite considerably!

Last edited by callvvijay : 9th March 2012 at 23:36.
Old 10th March 2012, 00:14   #4354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay
Guys, my friend is looking out for a used Santro and he has got the below quote. Please pour in your opinion on this.

Model: 2006. Not sure which variant it is.
Owner: 3rd owner at present. So, my friend - if he buys - would become the 4th owner
Odo reading: 26K kms
Condition: Haven't seen the car yet. But through a reliable source, heard that its in good condition.
Price quoted: Rs.1.4lakhs.

I feel, the only negative - if the car is in good condition - is that it has already changed hands 2 times and my friend would become 4th owner. So, the resale value would take a hit. However, he is planning to keep this car for 2-3 years at least which will reduce the resale-dent quite considerably!
Anything more than Rs. 1L and its expensive, mainly because it has already changed 3 owners.

Also, 3 owners and 26k does raise doubts whether odo is tempered with. More so if it is with a dealer.

After 2-3 years, being a 4th owner, he shouldn't expect anything more than 60-65k for this car.

Edit: your friend should be able to get a single owner, 30-40k driven 2006 model Santro for around 1.5-1.6L. Just ask him to keep searching

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 10th March 2012 at 00:28.
Old 10th March 2012, 08:21   #4355
BHPian

Guys,

Sorry for repeating the same question but I need some help badly as I need to
give a reasonable quote to my friend.

How much can I expect for a 2009 (April month) Spark LS 1.0 Maroon Petrol car
which has done only 12000 kms. It is in very good condition.

I added 4 power windows , Auto up module for the 4 power windows,
reserve parking sensors.

The spare tyre has never been used.

Thank you.
Old 10th March 2012, 15:49   #4356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys,

Sorry for repeating the same question but I need some help badly as I need to
give a reasonable quote to my friend.

How much can I expect for a 2009 (April month) Spark LS 1.0 Maroon Petrol car
which has done only 12000 kms. It is in very good condition.

I added 4 power windows , Auto up module for the 4 power windows,
reserve parking sensors.

The spare tyre has never been used.

Thank you.

Scratches? Accident history? No. of owners?

Well if your answer is no to all of the above questions then 2.2 seems a decent quote (I would start from 2lakhs because everyone is bitten by diesel bug, and resale value of petrol cars have dipped down a lot).
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 13:19   #4357
BHPian

What is the price for a 96 maruti esteem?? found one near to me with the below specs

hii can any one tell me the price for a 96 model maruti esteem, i have found one in my city which has 4 alloys(not brand new) with appolo tyres(good condition), fitted with xenon head lamp kit, racing type rear bumper and side skirts(front bumper is the esteem stock), car is in almost good condition, interiors isn't very fancy, has a kenwoon stereo system(cd player) installed in it, engine seems to be in a good state, has done 1L+ kms. The guys is asking 65k, is it worth it? guys really need some help here, im planing to buy a car very soon...
Old 11th March 2012, 16:13   #4358

Hi guys, what would be the ideal price for a silver Honda City Feb 2011 registered in Gujarat?
The car has done 21,000 kms in the past year and is the fully loaded V model along with premium 3M sunfilm on all windows and front windshield. It also has parking sensors with a small distance display. Also features Honda faux leather seat covers that match the beige interiors.
Car has had no expenses but for regular services. And no damage other than 5-6 mm dings and scratches on bumpers thanks to fellow errant drivers of the city.
Old 11th March 2012, 16:31   #4359
BHPian

Re: What is the price for a 96 maruti esteem?? found one near to me with the below sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
hii can any one tell me the price for a 96 model maruti esteem, i have found one in my city which has 4 alloys(not brand new) with appolo tyres(good condition), fitted with xenon head lamp kit, racing type rear bumper and side skirts(front bumper is the esteem stock), car is in almost good condition, interiors isn't very fancy, has a kenwoon stereo system(cd player) installed in it, engine seems to be in a good state, has done 1L+ kms. The guys is asking 65k, is it worth it? guys really need some help here, im planing to buy a car very soon...
I would strongly suggest that you stay away from this car. It's a 16 year old car and plus a lot of them are going for 25-30K (with about 1L+ on oddo) these days as no one is really picking them up. My uncle just got rid of his esteem 96 model (47k on oddo) for 45k in Ahmedabad.

Just know that if you do buy it, it would demand a lot of attention from your (money and time wise).
Old 11th March 2012, 21:29   #4360
BHPian

I have sold my 2000 Wagon R VX for 110,000. The car had done 140,000 kms and had full service history.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 10:32   #4361
BHPian

hey guys,

I am selling my Swift VXI (2008 - petrol) model and i have a list of prospective buyers coming today. Do let me know best rate i should look for? i have got a quote for 3,20,000 from a dealer already

History
1) ODO 26500 KM
2) Music system with USB
3) New Alloy wheels (including spare)
4) Fancy # 2662
5) White Colour
6) Single owner - Self driven
7) Scratch marks on bumper (The drivers in my company parking lot keep moving cars around )
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img2012022900472.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img2012022900473.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img2012022900474.jpg  

Old 12th March 2012, 10:46   #4362
BHPian

wanted some advice on the price to pay for a 2009 Ritz ZXI, done 23000kms, in good condition, no scratches, service record in order, one owner, comprehensive insurance until June 2012 included. Only accessories added to the stock ZXI model is the seat covers. seller is quoting 4,15,000.
tks
Old 12th March 2012, 20:49   #4363
BHPian

Re: What is the price for a 96 maruti esteem?? found one near to me with the below sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I would strongly suggest that you stay away from this car. It's a 16 year old car and plus a lot of them are going for 25-30K (with about 1L+ on oddo) these days as no one is really picking them up. My uncle just got rid of his esteem 96 model (47k on oddo) for 45k in Ahmedabad.

Just know that if you do buy it, it would demand a lot of attention from your (money and time wise).
thankyou very much creative420, I decided not to buy it, and what is your suggestion about a Matiz, I know that the availability of parts is a problem for matiz but if I change the stock engine (S - TECH) of matiz and replace it with a spark or beat engine along with the transmission (also stock) I think the problem will be solved(it is possible to do such a mod). I had a matiz before, I sold it a year back and was really really in love with it, that is the reason why I plan to take some risk on it, please advice...
Old 12th March 2012, 22:16   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Esteem is not a comfortable car to sit and travel. Driving experience is good. It is better to go for a Maruti Baleno which is far better than esteem. Baleno is very comfortable and having good power and mileage.
Old 12th March 2012, 23:00   #4365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan

Esteem is not a comfortable car to sit and travel. Driving experience is good. It is better to go for a Maruti Baleno which is far better than esteem. Baleno is very comfortable and having good power and mileage.
Are not balenos parts expensive and not readily available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks