Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 17:48   #5101
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
An individual's listing - Fiesta 2010 SXi ABS, 7L when new, done only 24000 kms with service history available. Listed for 5.5L, but considering that the few Ford petrols that still exist in the city are lying at dealers with no buyers, this price seems ridiculous. I believe it should go for about 4L - Need your inputs here
Hey guys - just posting this Q again with an update. I drove this car yesterday - immaculately maintained, non accidented, original paint, and only minor bumper scratches. Idles and revvs like new, suspension is great - overall a new-like car. I think I'm sold on the idea, but the seller wants 4.7L.

Is this the right price? I still think the price of a Ford Petrol should be between 4 and 4.2 considering the current market. How much should I quote?
Old 9th July 2012, 18:04   #5102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If you are that keen for a Palio, I would suggest you look for newer models, like say 2006/7 ... If you still have a tight budget, I'd suggest finding yourself a workhorse like Maruti.
Thanks. A Maruti I guess is a more sensible option. I'm not really keen on a Palio, but that's one of the cars that you get at a reasnable price, with all options. Plus, it's slightly more comfortable than an 800 or an Alto, so was considering it. But I guess it'll be a pain to maintain. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably settle for a Maruti.
Old 9th July 2012, 18:09   #5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G
2008 September
11000 kms driven in almost 4 years.
Bangalore registration
Initially owned by a company and then transferred to current owner. Not sure the current owner is second owner or first owner. Need to check this.
Asking price 9lakhs.

How much this is worth?
Company leased and then later transferred to owner cars. What are the possible issues/concerns here.

Regards
Rex

No issues with buying company cars later transferred to owners
Normally the company gives its employees the car as perks and after 3 or 4 yrs ,the employee is given a choice to buy the car at the written down value.

The car maybe maintained by the employee or the company as policies differ from company to company
Old 9th July 2012, 18:51   #5104
BHPian

Hi Guys!

I see a lot of Civic experts on this thread, and a lot of Civic price checks, particularly recently. Just want to do a quick price check on the following Gurgaon registered car:

2007 Honda Civic Automatic
~45,000 KM
Reasonably clean interiors, though not immaculate
Minor dent on a few fenders. Not an eyesore enough for me to bother fixing them.
Tires probably need replacement soon.

I intend to keep this car for 5-6 years.

Any pointers on what the price should be?

Also, any tips on buying used civics - ie, any specific parts etc need to be checked for this particular civic vintage?

Thanks!!
Old 9th July 2012, 20:46   #5105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
-------- I think I'm sold on the idea, but the seller wants 4.7L.

Is this the right price? I still think the price of a Ford Petrol should be between 4 and 4.2 considering the current market. How much should I quote?
A deal around 4.5L should be fair for both the buyer and the seller. You are right about a good condition car having a value around 4.2L but the way you have described the car it fels that it deserves a premium of 20-30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Just want to do a quick price check on the following Gurgaon registered car:

~45,000 KM
Minor dent on a few fenders. Not an eyesore enough for me to bother fixing them.
Tires probably need replacement soon.
This is most likely the S AT. If yes then around 4.5L is what you should pay considering that tyres will set you back by about 20k and the car is not really in 'excellent' condition. If it is the V AT then you can pay 25-30k extra.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 20:58   #5106
BANNED

+1 with CESC a price of 4~4.5 lacs should be an ideal price. Also the Civic has the problem of Low ground Clearance..especially in Gurgaon with all the building going on..its not too difficult to scrape the underbody. Check the car for any rusting due to this. ( I dented the Door sill of my '05 City in Gurgaon)
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 21:29   #5107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Ya. I saw it yesterday as well. My only hitch is that its 10 years old. Anyways I have called the seller and we will be meeting this weekend. Will update on the condition then.

Also, if any of the experts here can help on this - just wanted to know how is the Palio 1.9D compared to the petrol 1.6? Does it have more niggles and problems or is still as rock solid as its petrol counterpart. Especially in terms of the engine.
There is a pretty exhaustive review of a 1.9D found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-review.html

Better to avoid is the bottom line.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 21:59   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys!
~45,000 KM
Minor dent on a few fenders. Not an eyesore enough for me to bother fixing them....
Thanks!!
Not more than 4.5L.

Look for damage to engine mounts. Also check for rusting at bottom of the door panels. Also check if the AC gives out any abnormal noises.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 23:14   #5109
BHPian

Thank you all for the tips -- Much appreciated. Seems like 4-4.5L is the way to go. Also - I should have mentioned earlier, the insurance is expiring this month.

Quote:
This is most likely the S AT. If yes then around 4.5L is what you should pay considering that tyres will set you back by about 20k and the car is not really in 'excellent' condition. If it is the V AT then you can pay 25-30k extra.
It doesnt say S or V. But the interiors are (beige) fabric. Even the RC says Honda Civic and doesnt mention S or V.

It's probably an S - Did Honda introduce the S / V fork around that time? Or was S / V always al option?
Old 10th July 2012, 00:44   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points
Thank you all for the tips -- Much appreciated. Seems like 4-4.5L is the way to go. Also - I should have mentioned earlier, the insurance is expiring this month.

It doesnt say S or V. But the interiors are (beige) fabric. Even the RC says Honda Civic and doesnt mention S or V.

It's probably an S - Did Honda introduce the S / V fork around that time? Or was S / V always al option?
S/V was always an option. V has leather interior and turn signals on the side view mirrors
Old 10th July 2012, 11:18   #5111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please check whether the engine mount has been replaced or not. If this has not been done, and your mechanic can detect the change to be made, please negotiate based on this, the tires and the insurance. But even with all these, if you can get for 4-4.5, its a good deal.

Another point to note is, whether the 45k service is done or not. And whether the oil change is done at 35k or 40k. The transmission fluid also is supposed to change at 40k i guess, so check whether that is also done.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:40   #5112
BHPian

Folks,

How much can i expect for my 2007 Fiesta Petrol with the following details:

* 62,000 Kms run
* Black Colour - Pretty good condition for a black car with a few scratches (no dents)
* Interiors are immaculate
* Engine and gear box are in pretty good condition. Can still do 170 top speed without any Engine strain.
* Very good driving technique -- Clutch still gng strong at 62k.
* 2007 Oct model KA-05 registration, bangalore
* Zxi model (mirror with indicators, Ford Alloy wheels and Ford leather factory fitted)
* Complete service history at Ford service stations (Lathangi, Cauvery and Metro)

Planning for a Diesel upgrade. How much can i expect to get for my Fiesta?

Last edited by pramod : 10th July 2012 at 11:43.
Old 10th July 2012, 17:22   #5113
BHPian

Hello,

Here is yet another OHC for sale I have come across. Feb 2000 model 1.5 exi OHC (KL reg), with the following specifications :

kms Covered: About 73 k change
Variant: 1.5 Exi
Transmission: Manual
No. of Owners: 1
Road Tax: Individual
Insurance: Comp till 02/2013

Additional accessories are Pioneer CD player and Central Locking.

Yet to see and take a TD. As per the owner,no major repairs carried out as its in maintained in gud coditions. Tyres (Bridgestone OEM S322 in OHC) changed abt 10000 kms earlier and all in gud condition.

What should be an ideal price.

Thanks
prsn
Old 10th July 2012, 17:27   #5114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hello,

Here is yet another OHC for sale I have come across. Feb 2000 model 1.5 exi OHC (KL reg), with the following specifications :

kms Covered: About 73 k change
Variant: 1.5 Exi
Transmission: Manual
No. of Owners: 1
Road Tax: Individual
Insurance: Comp till 02/2013

Additional accessories are Pioneer CD player and Central Locking.

Yet to see and take a TD. As per the owner,no major repairs carried out as its in maintained in gud coditions. Tyres (Bridgestone OEM S322 in OHC) changed abt 10000 kms earlier and all in gud condition.

What should be an ideal price.

Thanks
prsn
Since the car is about 12 years old, you should not pay more than 1.5-2 lacs for this
Old 10th July 2012, 19:27   #5115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If you are that keen for a Palio, I would suggest you look for newer models, like say 2006/7 onwards with a clean record. @50k this may look like a great deal, but you may have problems later which will lead to spending more. This money can be used up front for getting a better car. If you still have a tight budget, I'd suggest finding yourself a workhorse like Maruti.
This shall be my 1st car. I am also thinking of Palio being spacious at rear seat for 3 passengers. I think I can get 2007 Palio (1.6) for 125 k? Probably Stile shall be better than old Palio. What can be parts availability for next 2 years since it is discontinued couple of years back. What about 2005-2006 Petra’s viability since one rarely sees it on road. Can Palio be realiable for regular run since I shall be using it regularly for few months and on weekends intermittently.
If I increase budget to 150 k can I get 2007 Getz, top version or Esteem Vxi?
Requirement is the seats, ride quality should be comfortable, the steering feedback etc should not be vague, should drive effortlessly at full load. Please advise fellow bhpians.

Most Viewed