Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 20:41   #4996
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Hi all,

I was looking to buy a used car in the budget of Rs. 1.5 lacs.

Though I would love to buy a Palio 1.6 or Mitsubishi Cedia or the Old Honda City and can extend my budget a little bit if I get a car in great condition.

Please let me know of the ideal price of these cars.

Also if there are other suggestions in this budget. My requirements are - Good FE, good resale value, good AC and if possible, good power.

Please note that the above mentioned requirements are not valid with the above mentioned cars
A well maintained 2003-05 Alto could be yours for approx. 1L.
  • Good FE (Definitely YES!)
  • Good resale (not sure)
  • Good AC (Yes, decent enough)
  • Good Power (certainly, without AC!!)
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 20:54   #4997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
I was looking to buy a used car in the budget of Rs. 1.5 lacs.

Though I would love to buy a Palio 1.6 or Mitsubishi Cedia or the Old Honda City and can extend my budget a little bit if I get a car in great condition.
try to look for a nicely maintained Santro in that budget.

you can definitely get a Palio 1.6 for less (or much lesser) than 1 lac, buy only if you have a lot of patience to source the parts and address the issues it may come with; i have, in last 7-8 months, seen three Palio 1.6 (all single owner, belonging to people i know) change hands for price between 50-75k.

Mitsubishi Cedia, not available in abundance, but you may find one if you look around and shall cost you around 3 lac.

Type II Honda City 1.3/1.5, plenty of them should be available within 2 lac, nicely maintained ones (and with service records, single owner) sell fast and for an absurd price; finding a Vtec would be most difficult.

why not look for a used Zen? it would have good FE, good resale, fun to drive, and cheap to maintain.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 21:29   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
All right let's see:

1) 2008/09 is not 2010
2) 10L is not 8L
3) 25k-30k on the odo is not 17k
4) Much more importantly - the used car websites you looked at will not show deals that were closed. A 2009 V-AT that got sold for 8L or a 2008 V-AT that sold for 7L? They will only show a 2009 V-AT that did not get sold at 10L or a 2008 V-AT that didn't find a buyer at 8L.

So if someone finds a good condition, less used 2010 V-AT at 8L - GOOD for him.
You don't get my point. A 2008 model for 7.5 lakhs is a good deal just as a 2010 model for 8 lakhs. But those cars still remain unsold as other vehicles are available for a lesser price. And the ads I'm talking about are still open.
Old 27th June 2012, 21:50   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post

why not look for a used Zen? it would have good FE, good resale, fun to drive, and cheap to maintain.
May be the ZEN I am trying to sell is having minus points (1999 model, 81k run, 4th owner etc), but re sale capability of Zen ??? I contest the above aspect!
Old 27th June 2012, 21:58   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
my uncle is looking at a late 2010 model Civic VAT, which has clocked 17k.
white in color, and well maintained, clean service history and comprehensive insurance upto year end.
The owner quoted 10.5. After taking the TD, we are very much impressed with the car and are ready to go for 9 and looks like the owner will oblige.

Is it an ok deal if we go ahead?
This was the original query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Its a buyers market these daysfor petrol models. Even 9 lakhs would be too high a price. I would say about 5.5 to 6 would be right in the present situation. Besides the Civic might be upgraded in the near future as there is already a new model available in the international market.

Here is an article regarding resale value of petrol cars.
Drive your dream petrol car as prices dip in second-hand market
This was your response.

Quote:
You don't get my point. A 2008 model for 7.5 lakhs is a good deal just as a 2010 model for 8 lakhs. But those cars still remain unsold as other vehicles are available for a lesser price. And the ads I'm talking about are still open.
I do get the point loud and clear. There is NO way anybody can justify a 65% depreciation for a less than 2 year old clean and capable car (which this Civic is). No Sir - the used car portal argument is not cutting it either. Because what you are not seeing are the CLOSED ads for good cars that got sold at reasonable asking prices. And I will say this one final time - A clean 2010 Civic V-AT with <20k on the odo will readily find a buyer at 8L - even in today's scenario of high petrol prices.
Cesc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 22:00   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
May be the ZEN I am trying to sell is having minus points (1999 model, 81k run, 4th owner etc), but re sale capability of Zen ??? I contest the above aspect!
good resale is in comparision with the price one bought it at; a nicely maintained 2005/2006 zen can be bought for around 1.2-1.3 lac and can be sold without losing much money after 12-18 months given it remains in great condition.
let me give an example here, a friend of mine bought a ZEN AT (yes, automatic) for 70000, drove it for few years, and sold it for 75000 earlier this year.

probably, the things which are going against your car are: 1999 make, 4th owner, and i am assuming no service history. my opinion of a fair price for this car would be 40-45k if it was in mumbai/delhi.

Last edited by infotech58 : 27th June 2012 at 22:01.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:49   #5002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You don't get my point. A 2008 model for 7.5 lakhs is a good deal just as a 2010 model for 8 lakhs.
Confused with the above statement. There are lot of differences between a 08 and 10 models.
Anything post 2009 is a difficult find, friend. The facelift that happened indeed had some improvements like suspension mode, engine mount issue rectified, paddle shifters in D as well as S mode etc etc. These definitely have value adds and to that add a low mileage, well maintained car, 8.5 is a really good deal.

To top it all, Civic is an aspirational car.
My suggestion would be still to go for it, if the car is clean for 8.5-8.75, its a really good deal.
Old 28th June 2012, 00:44   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
For around 1.5 L, you won't get a city or cedia, But you can get palio 1.6.

City will be in the range of 1.7-2.0 for 2001-2002 models, Cedia will be somewhere around 3 L.

Palio will be around 1.4-1.5L. In your budget you'll only get Palio, out of the cars mentioned by you.

Other then palio, I want to reccomned you other cars too :-

1- Esteem

2- Accent

Both of the above cars will be available for around 1.5 L, Plonk a CNG kit in it and you'll be a happy man

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,
Sameer
Thanks. Currently searching for a Palio. Good conditioned ones are hard to find in Delhi. of the other 2 options you gave I will only be able to consider Esteem. No Accent as I am really not looking to buy such a long car, though its a good car no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post

you can definitely get a Palio 1.6 for less (or much lesser) than 1 lac, buy only if you have a lot of patience to source the parts and address the issues it may come with; i have, in last 7-8 months, seen three Palio 1.6 (all single owner, belonging to people i know) change hands for price between 50-75k.

Mitsubishi Cedia, not available in abundance, but you may find one if you look around and shall cost you around 3 lac.

Type II Honda City 1.3/1.5, plenty of them should be available within 2 lac, nicely maintained ones (and with service records, single owner) sell fast and for an absurd price; finding a Vtec would be most difficult.

Thanks for your suggestions. You are right, Zen is an awesome option. Its just a little difficult to find them in the right condition to buy. Though it is not one of the options. Alto is an alternate consideration after Zen.

Sorry Mods. Didn't realise I was making consecutive posts. Please merge it with the previous one if possible

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th June 2012 at 02:12.
Old 28th June 2012, 00:48   #5004
BHPian

Here is a website for those who are interested in knowing the resale value of cars available in the Indian market.

CheckPrices | The Ultimate Price Guide
suv100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 06:51   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100
Here is a website for those who are interested in knowing the resale value of cars available in the Indian market.

CheckPrices | The Ultimate Price Guide
Hey,

I tried using it on my iPad. It worked beautifully the first couple of times. Subsequently it is not allowing me to select some of the options from the drop down list.

I hope it isn't anything specific to the iPad!.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 28th June 2012, 07:04   #5006
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya

Hey,

I tried using it on my iPad. It worked beautifully the first couple of times. Subsequently it is not allowing me to select some of the options from the drop down list.

I hope it isn't anything specific to the iPad!.

Thanks for sharing!
It works perfectly on my iPad2. i just tried it out.
No worries.
Old 28th June 2012, 07:20   #5007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

It works perfectly on my iPad2. i just tried it out.
No worries.
Hey Shankar,

Even I have an iPad2. After seeing your reply, I figured that whenever it worked for me, I'd viewed website on the browser window that opens up within the team-bhp app. I'd also created a bookmark for this website on safari for easy access and it doesn't seem to work properly over there. Do you also see something similar. My iPad2 is on iOS 5.1.1

Cheers!
Abhi
Old 28th June 2012, 09:09   #5008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya

Hey Shankar,

Even I have an iPad2. After seeing your reply, I figured that whenever it worked for me, I'd viewed website on the browser window that opens up within the team-bhp app. I'd also created a bookmark for this website on safari for easy access and it doesn't seem to work properly over there. Do you also see something similar. My iPad2 is on iOS 5.1.1

Cheers!
Abhi
Hi guys,
Was browsing this site in my Android mobile n have the same issue. it worked flawlessly the first time, later on some drop down boxes r greyed out. If this happens please re-select the previous box and it gets going again!

I was in the market for a premium hatch n was keen on new Jazz and Fabia. Cldnt resist one particular Used-car offer of a Dec11 Fabia 1.6 elegance(6000km) for 5.5L, the owner even agreed for 5.2L.
This website puts it at 3.5L. I am confused, please help.
Old 28th June 2012, 13:24   #5009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
I agree - I have a Civic and am extremely happy with the mileage. It constantly gives me 10-10.5 in city and atleast 14 on the highways...
Gautam, is your Civic an AT ?. I thought only manual Civics gave that mileage. A civic AT with that mileage will get me very interested when I shop for a car a few months down the line.
Old 28th June 2012, 13:30   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Gautam, is your Civic an AT ?. I thought only manual Civics gave that mileage. A civic AT with that mileage will get me very interested when I shop for a car a few months down the line.
No sorry for the confusion - mine is MT and you are right, Civic ATs do give lower mileage in city...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks