Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 17:56   #5146
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
pardon me if this has been asked before. A car manufactured in 2011 but registered in feb 2012. Is this a 2011 or a 2012 model at the time of sale ?
It will be sold as a 2011 model, but registered in 2012.
Old 14th July 2012, 19:41   #5147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
It will be sold as a 2011 model, but registered in 2012.
Err.. i still don't quite get it. Is this a separate category by itself ? Apart from 2011 and 2012 cars ?
Old 14th July 2012, 23:54   #5148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Err.. i still don't quite get it. Is this a separate category by itself ? Apart from 2011 and 2012 cars ?
In the used car market it will generally be considered a 2011 model. I say generally because certain low volume cars (for ex. Captiva) can have a significant mismatch between production and registration dates. If for example somebody is selling a Wagon R or i10 then the 2011 date applies for sure. The seller (be it the dealer or an individual) will always quote the registrtion date though .
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 00:29   #5149
BHPian

Help with RS

Hello Friends ,

I intend to buy a used car for personal use . I also own a Swift VXI and will retain it and will pass on to my wife who is a new driver.

My daily running will be around 15-20 kms and 50-60 kms on weekends , which brings it to around 500 kms a month.
Car will be self driven .

I came across a Skoda Octavia vRS , 83000 kms 2007 Model . Insurance vaild till May 2013 . Owner claims that Timing Belt , Clutch (Euro 4) , Fuel Pump , Disc has been changed recently. I haven't seen the car personaly but from pictures it looks very well maintained . Asking price is 485,000

Now my question is that is the price fair ? If not what will be the fair price for this example.
More importantly , is it advisable to go for a skoda car with 83k clicks on it?

I have seen few civics going around same price with 42k on odo and 2006-2007 model.
I know that Honda is FAR more reliable the skoda . But I am conisdering this car bcos I have read so much about its performance and handling .

Please suggest .

PS : Spotted some Team-Bhp stickers on the car
Old 15th July 2012, 00:44   #5150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar
Hello Friends ,

I intend to buy a used car for personal use . I also own a Swift VXI and will retain it and will pass on to my wife who is a new driver.

My daily running will be around 15-20 kms and 50-60 kms on weekends , which brings it to around 500 kms a month.
Car will be self driven .

I came across a Skoda Octavia vRS , 83000 kms 2007 Model . Insurance vaild till May 2013 . Owner claims that Timing Belt , Clutch (Euro 4) , Fuel Pump , Disc has been changed recently. I haven't seen the car personaly but from pictures it looks very well maintained . Asking price is 485,000

Now my question is that is the price fair ? If not what will be the fair price for this example.
More importantly , is it advisable to go for a skoda car with 83k clicks on it?

I have seen few civics going around same price with 42k on odo and 2006-2007 model.
I know that Honda is FAR more reliable the skoda . But I am conisdering this car bcos I have read so much about its performance and handling .

Please suggest .

PS : Spotted some Team-Bhp stickers on the car
If you try and sell a similar vintage vRS in Mumbai, dealers wont offer anything more than 2.75 to 2.90. But as an enthusiast if you go looking for one to buy, you wont find one below 4 to 4.2lakhs.

Do realise the Octavia is out of production so procuring spares are a bit tougher than a Civics. The least said about Skoda A.S.S, the better.

My personal suggestion would be to avoid the car unless you are a real enthusiast and have always wanted an Octavia. Civics of the 06/07 vintage nowadays go for around 4lakhs (in Mumbai) and are a safer bet. If you are keen on the vRS, do not pay anything more than 3.75lakhs.

P.S: The later model petrol Octavias 08 came with the same vRS 1.8litre 150bhp turbocharged engine. You could find one of them and mod it with the money saved.
Old 15th July 2012, 02:11   #5151
BHPian

The vrs is a fab car. And the Octavia is probably skodas most reliable car till date. And it's built like a tank. I love it.

However, anyone who has used a vrs before you has probably driven it hard causing more wear Nd tear than a regular car of its age.

+1 on the go for it only if you're an enthusiast.

The civic is a mad deal right now though. One Of the most reliable and fun cars among the regular lot (ie, excluding recreational vehicles such as thars and vrs).

The amount you'll spend on the vrs on maintaining it will be a multiple of what you'll spend on the civic. Please factor that in the price of the car.

It comes down to this - are you an enthusiast who has always wanted a vrs? And do you have a good mechanic who can help you with thi very special car, and import parts of required? If yes, do it. If not - this is one of the few cases where I would say don't follow your heart. Your wallet will curse you. You can probably get a very old 3 series for that price too. That too is a crazy car - but you probably won't buy it. I'm stretching the argument a bit - but think about it - just because two cars are the same price doesn't mean that they should be in the same consideration set.

FYI putting money where my mouth is - im buying a used civic as well. (But my decision was between a new civic and a used civic. And the investor in me finds better value in used. )

I don't blame you for getting tempted by the vrs though. I also got tempted by the Laura rs when I was considering a new civic. It was the closest to a golf GTI that I could have got. Sigh.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 02:15   #5152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
pardon me if this has been asked before. A car manufactured in 2011 but registered in feb 2012. Is this a 2011 or a 2012 model at the time of sale ?
2011. That's why last year built cars today are at a discount even if it's exactly the same car as the current car. A new 2012 civic will be available for a ~75k discount from tr dealer today. But if you want a 2011, you can probably get ~1.5L off.

Same logic in used cars as well.
Old 16th July 2012, 13:39   #5153
BHPian

Just curious of what the prices may be for a Grand Vitara. There are quite a few for sale, 2007 models, run an average of 50k kms, asking price between 6.50 to 8.50.
Any ideas if they go cheaper?
Old 16th July 2012, 14:42   #5154
SBR
BHPian

A friend has got a quote of INR 2.30 Lacs for the below mentioned car which he is considering to buy;

Maruti Wagon R LXI
Year - 2008 (June Registered)
Done 45K KMS
Single Owner
Comprehensive Insurance
Front Stock tyres replaced recently
Well maintained & serviced by MASS only
City: Bangalore

The price is from the owner of the car. Is it a correct price? Please suggest.
Old 16th July 2012, 14:55   #5155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
A friend has got a quote of INR 2.30 Lacs for the below mentioned car which he is considering to buy;

Maruti Wagon R LXI
Done 45K KMS
Single Owner
Comprehensive Insurance

In Delhi, I would say 1.8-2.1 lacs for this car. Not sure about the resales in Bangalore though...
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 16:46   #5156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Wagon R LXI. Year - 2008 (June Registered). Done 45K KMS. Single Owner. Comprehensive Insurance. Front Stock tyres replaced recently
Well maintained & serviced by MASS only. City: Bangalore
Hello SBR,

The Price seems OK. Though as this is Car from direct owner, there is room to negitiate further Rs. 10,000 - Rs. 15,000.

But your friend will have to change the other 2 Tyres very soon (which will mean expense of another Rs. 8,000 - 10,000)

Thanks,
Jignesh Mehta
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 16:53   #5157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Maruti Wagon R LXI
Done 45K KMS
Single Owner
Comprehensive Insurance

2.30 lacs is higher, it's not above 2 lacs in any way.

I own a April 2007 WagonR LXi 40K KMs and highest quote I have got is 1.80 lacs!

PS - I am not aware of the price difference of used cars between Delhi & Bangalore if there is any, price is higher according to a Delhiite!

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th July 2012 at 16:59.
Old 16th July 2012, 18:07   #5158
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
2.30 lacs is higher, it's not above 2 lacs in any way.

I own a April 2007 WagonR LXi 40K KMs and highest quote I have got is 1.80 lacs!

PS - I am not aware of the price difference of used cars between Delhi & Bangalore if there is any, price is higher according to a Delhiite!
Thanks. That helps. Bangalore prices are on the higher side when compared to other cities across India. Hence, I think my friend has room to negotiate further by another 10K if not more as the car is in mint condition. He will only have to change two tyres for now.

No other expenses are to be seen for now until we get the car evaluated by a mechanic or a authorized service center.
Old 16th July 2012, 19:45   #5159
Mik
BHPian

I have the following car and it is gonna be up for sale if i am able to finalize a deal.
Details
Zen Estilo Lxi - Dec 2006 Manufactured. Jan 2007 Registered. - Pearl Silver
HR26 - Gurgaon registered.
26500 km on the odo.
Second owner (Bought it from maruti true value two years back)
5k old michelin MX1 tyres
Sony xplod with 4 speakers.
Rest is standard accessories like side beading/wheel covers/seat covers etc.

Problems:
1. Scratches on the bumpers (its NCR )
2. slight dent on left rear below the C pillar. (was that way when i bought it)

What could be a realistic price i should be giving it away for ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th July 2012, 21:35   #5160
BHPian

Is a Skoda Laura elegance, 2007, done 80K, new tires, no scratches, 2nd owner, driver driven for 6.5L a good buy in New Delhi? Also, if someone who is using this car/used it, can tell me what are the things I need to keep in mind while going for inspection of this car?
Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks