Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 19:49   #4276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive
Which year model is it? Also how many users?
oh sorry, missed mentioning, 2009. single user

Last edited by NVI2112 : 24th February 2012 at 20:01.
Old 24th February 2012, 20:29   #4277
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

+ Auto
+ Single user
+ Odo is decent enough

- Recent city price cut
- Petrol
- 3 year old

A City V AT today is 10.5L on road. Assuming a 1.5L hit per year, I would say about 6-6.5L. Bargain for 6.3 with max at 6.5L. Check this out for a comparison:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/City.html/
Old 24th February 2012, 21:31   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Would appreciate it if I could get a fair quote on my below car :

Maruti Swift ZXI, May 2007, Black
Odo: 25,000~km
Single user(me), driven 90% in Chennai, longest trip was to Pondicherry once.
Insurance with No Claim Bonus for past 4 years. Insurance was claimed in late 2007 to fix a deep dent in the right side panel(10k worth). Currently insurance with TataAIG.
Full service records available on request. Services at CARS service center, Chennai.

May 2007 means it is G13b engine which is 2 generations old. But Hey swift is a swift . The best offer would be 3.3L since it is already close to 5 years old.
Old 24th February 2012, 21:58   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
May 2007 means it is G13b engine which is 2 generations old. But Hey swift is a swift . The best offer would be 3.3L since it is already close to 5 years old.
It has been sparingly used (approx 5000 km per year) and is currently in spic and span condition. Not to mention the fresh coat of paint. I am expecting 4L for it to be honest. Otherwise may as well keep it and not sell since I spent 50k on a Maruti only a month ago.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:20   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
It has been sparingly used (approx 5000 km per year) and is currently in spic and span condition. Not to mention the fresh coat of paint. I am expecting 4L for it to be honest. Otherwise may as well keep it and not sell since I spent 50k on a Maruti only a month ago.
Please do not mistake me. The invoice price might be around 5.7L when you have bought it. Applying depreciation, the correct value would be around 3.5L. Maruti's depreciation the lowest among cars sold it India.

Yes I agree that the car looks spic and span. But when a buyer checks with the service center and comes to know that the car has been repainted completely will have apprehensions (or reservations). The car looks good and superbly maintained, but for little more than 4L one could get 2010 model K12B swift P.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:57   #4281
BHPian

reading the discussion on swift, question from me :
my swift zxi 2006 with 34 on odo, me being the second owner, what should it fetch me? i had bot it for 3.8L on May 2009. Most of the people offering 2L. is it worth?
Old 25th February 2012, 01:01   #4282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Please do not mistake me. The invoice price might be around 5.7L when you have bought it. Applying depreciation, the correct value would be around 3.5L. Maruti's depreciation the lowest among cars sold it India.

Yes I agree that the car looks spic and span. But when a buyer checks with the service center and comes to know that the car has been repainted completely will have apprehensions (or reservations). The car looks good and superbly maintained, but for little more than 4L one could get 2010 model K12B swift P.
Ofcourse i welcome your opinion. :-)
This is a Zxi with all the bells and whistles. I had a look on our own classifieds and the average asking price for a 2007 zxi is around 3.5.

My car however has some additions which i mentioned in my first post that do add to its value. Also going by classifieds, you will get a Vxi 2010 for 4L but not a Zxi.
Old 25th February 2012, 06:11   #4283

Dear Chennai BHPians,

I am planning to buy a used diesel hatchback. My primary usage will be 1K km highway (Chennai - Coimbatore - Chennai) and 700 Kms city (OMR) every month. I intend to keep the car for at least 2 years. I have come across the below used car from a dealer. Please help me to evaluate it,

Model: TATA Indica Vista AURA QJD 1.3 (Pre DriveTech4)

Manufacturing Year: July 2009 (VIN number - 10th digit is '9' and 12th digit is 'G')

KMs run: 30,400.
Color: Black

Insurance: Comprehensive (Even though the dealer did not show it, he told that no claims were made so far)
No.of owners: 1

Tyres: All 5 OEM Good years. 3 of them are Jul 2009, 1 is Sep 2009. Spare tyre is unused - Jul 2009. The tyres have hardly 5K kms life left. Wheel caps available for two wheels.
Battery: Car started in first crank.

Exteriors: lot of minor scratches all over and the body color being black, the scratches are clearly visible. A small dent in the left rear wheel arch. Minor scratches in all the 4 plastic door beadings which requires replacement.

Interiors: Beige - minor stains all over the seats and the dashboard. All 4 Power windows worked fine. No issues with power window switches. Stock ICE worked well.

Engine bay: Pulled the bonnet release lever. The bonnet lock was malfunctioning. The dealer did some adjustment under the lock. The engine bay was full of dust. Looks like the car is yet to undergo 30K km service.

Extended Warranty: Available up to Sep 2013

Test Drive: Took a short test drive. The clutch was harder. I am comparing the clutch with my friends 1 year old figo 1.4 diesel, which i drove for the initial 5K kms.

The dealer is quoting 4.25 lakhs which i feel is very high. Carwale quotes Rs.3,71,000/- for fair condition. He also told that i can verify the service history from the TATA after sales service. I am yet to negotiate with him. Before that I would like to know BHPians suggestion on my below questions,

1. Do TATA service centers provide service history of cars if we provide them the car's registration number?

2. I expect the tyre replacement (5 Michelins or Yokos) and 30K km service to cost INR 35K (25K + 10K). Is my estimation correct?

3. Looks like the car was bought using a loan from SBI. The loan is closed and the dealer showed me a NOC dated Dec 2011. Do I need to verify anything else?

4. On asking weather he will accept cheque payment, the dealer said that he will deliver the car only when the amount gets credited. He suggested to pay the amount by DD to get on the spot delivery. Is this okay?

5. The dealer told that after the payment, he will do the name transfer in RC and insurance within three days. He will be giving me TO. Is this the Form - 29? Do I need to get any other documents? ( I heard something like 'sales deed' etc.,) How much will the name transfer cost if it is done outside the dealer?

6. Can the interior stains and the exterior scratches removed using any 3M or other treatments? If yes, then how much would it cost and where the best it could be done in south Chennai?

7. Does a hard clutch means that it is worn out? If yes, then how much would a replacement cost?

8. In between the test drive, on switching on the AC, i felt a sudden drop in power. But it was not worse as an Alto 800cc. Is this okay?

I know I ask a lot of questions. Pardon my ignorance .

I have also come across some other silver and grey color vista ads. Based on the BHPians answers for the above questions, I am planning to negotiate for the above car or give it a pass.

Please help me to evaluate this car.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:58   #4284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
a honda city S automatic having run 29k odd km is being quoted for 6.85L.

what price can be best negotiated for it? the quote is from a dealer
Hola! I picked up an S-AT this December, and I paid 6.75L for it all in all. But that was for a 2009 model car that had run some 18xxx kms at the time. I was lucky enough to buy it directly from the owner, but I still feel there is scope to drive the price of this baby down. 6.85L is a bit much given the mileage.

That said, pick it up if you feel good about it/feel it's in great condition/feel it's value for money. Value is something perceived and whatever you make of it Good luck!

P.S: Have you checked its service history? Saw no mention of that.

P.P.S: My memory isn't what it used to be. I somehow believed the car was a 2010 model when it was a 2009 model. Whoops! Still, given the mileage, the price should be lower.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 25th February 2012 at 13:16. Reason: Error!!!!
Old 25th February 2012, 14:40   #4285
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi I checked out a used Honda City S-MT, June 2010 model, odo reading says 8000 kms. The car is obviously new in terms of ODO reading, has a few scratches and little dents ( probably the owner might have been a relatively new driver). The car has been standing parked from last 6 months and hence the battery died and I couldn't start the car.
In terms of accessories the car has parking sensors and seat covers.

So given all those facts what should be a fair price for the car? The owner is asking for 6.75L.

Some other small queries/facts:
1. Is there any problem since the car is parked from last 6 months? Will the battery need to be replaced or a simple charge will do the trick?
2. The car is registered in Haryana.

Given the ever increasing Petrol prices, Honda having given a lot of discounts on the city lately, a new variant has come in now and a brand new sunny diesel will cost me 9L OTR, a New City Corp edition 8L OTR... Considering all this what should I offer? I am thinking more on the lines of around 5.7-6L.
Old 25th February 2012, 15:17   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi I checked out a used Honda City S-MT, June 2010 model, odo reading says 8000 kms. The car is obviously new in terms of ODO reading, has a few scratches and little dents ( probably the owner might have been a relatively new driver). The car has been standing parked from last 6 months and hence the battery died and I couldn't start the car.
In terms of accessories the car has parking sensors and seat covers.

So given all those facts what should be a fair price for the car? The owner is asking for 6.75L.

Some other small queries/facts:
1. Is there any problem since the car is parked from last 6 months? Will the battery need to be replaced or a simple charge will do the trick?
2. The car is registered in Haryana.

Given the ever increasing Petrol prices, Honda having given a lot of discounts on the city lately, a new variant has come in now and a brand new sunny diesel will cost me 9L OTR, a New City Corp edition 8L OTR... Considering all this what should I offer? I am thinking more on the lines of around 5.7-6L.
I guess at around 6 lakhs this will be a great deal. As the car is standing from 6 months and car being just 2yrs old a simple charge will do the trick here. IMO start around 5.8 and go till 6.1 at max.

BTW why don't you look at civic , i have seen a couple of 07, 06 civics with just 30k kms on odo going around 6lakhs. It is totally worth the money.

Hope i didn't added to your confusion.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 25th February 2012, 15:22   #4287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I guess at around 6 lakhs this will be a great deal. As the car is standing from 6 months and car being just 2yrs old a simple charge will do the trick here. IMO start around 5.8 and go till 6.1 at max.

BTW why don't you look at civic , i have seen a couple of 07, 06 civics with just 30k kms on odo going around 6lakhs. It is totally worth the money.
Yup thats the price I am looking at. Civic is not being considered. It doesn't suit our needs and there is that sad FE to consider too.
Old 25th February 2012, 17:40   #4288
BHPian

I am not an resale expert but having sold my Manza recently, will add my few cents inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAddict View Post

The dealer is quoting 4.25 lakhs which i feel is very high. Carwale quotes Rs.3,71,000/- for fair condition. He also told that i can verify the service history from the TATA after sales service. I am yet to negotiate with him. Before that I would like to know BHPians suggestion on my below questions,

The price seems way too high for the 1st gen vista.
1. Do TATA service centers provide service history of cars if we provide them the car's registration number?

TML has service history but not sure whether they provide it. You can give it a try though. Will check with one of the dealers I know and see if they are ready to help. Pls. pm me the reg number if you don't mind

2. I expect the tyre replacement (5 Michelins or Yokos) and 30K km service to cost INR 35K (25K + 10K). Is my estimation correct?

30k service should be less than 10k minus the tyres

3. Looks like the car was bought using a loan from SBI. The loan is closed and the dealer showed me a NOC dated Dec 2011. Do I need to verify anything else?

4. On asking weather he will accept cheque payment, the dealer said that he will deliver the car only when the amount gets credited. He suggested to pay the amount by DD to get on the spot delivery. Is this okay?
I think this is standard practice. I did the same

5. The dealer told that after the payment, he will do the name transfer in RC and insurance within three days. He will be giving me TO. Is this the Form - 29? Do I need to get any other documents? ( I heard something like 'sales deed' etc.,) How much will the name transfer cost if it is done outside the dealer?

There is a thread on the forum on how to buy an used car in India. Please check the threads for step by step procedure

6. Can the interior stains and the exterior scratches removed using any 3M or other treatments? If yes, then how much would it cost and where the best it could be done in south Chennai?

You can take it privelage carz spa at Nandhanam to get rid of the minor scratches and make it look like new including the interiors. Should cost you something around 4000 or 4500 bucks. The other option is 3M car care at Nandhanam but found Privelage a cheaper option for older cars. You can mention that you are a bhpian

7. Does a hard clutch means that it is worn out? If yes, then how much would a replacement cost?

Clutch is harder on the Manza/Vista than most cars and it gets harder with age. At TASS, they check the clutch with a gauge and if the hardness is above a threshold, they will replace it. Else, they will bleed the clutch and adjust it and get it better but can't expect too much improvement.

8. In between the test drive, on switching on the AC, i felt a sudden drop in power. But it was not worse as an Alto 800cc. Is this okay?

If my memory is right, the 1st gen vista had a problem with the A/C-ECU settings. Tata did some upgrades to the ECU which made it better. Not sure whether this car went through the upgrade. The stock ICE on the 1st gen VIsta is clarion which has a preout and lends itself beautifully for upgrades later than the current blau ones. Also having a good sun film (including the front ) makes it effective
Overall the cost seems high. From my recent experience, most dealers take the IDV value of the car, apply air cut and buy from sellers. Then they add their mark up and sell it back. Just check the IDV on the car + add the insurance cost (by calculating the time left), minus the expenditure that you have to incur with the tyres, 30k service, battery (if it is stock) and then the deal should be fair. Thougth the first gen vistas are good cars, would suggest you to pick the later gen vistas as it had undergone improvements.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2012 at 11:10. Reason: Removed some content from large quote, now contains just the lines to which you replied. Thanks
Sridhar K is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 20:05   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles

Hola! I picked up an S-AT this December, and I paid 6.75L for it all in all. But that was for a 2009 model car that had run some 18xxx kms at the time. I was lucky enough to buy it directly from the owner, but I still feel there is scope to drive the price of this baby down. 6.85L is a bit much given the mileage.

That said, pick it up if you feel good about it/feel it's in great condition/feel it's value for money. Value is something perceived and whatever you make of it Good luck!

P.S: Have you checked its service history? Saw no mention of that.

P.P.S: My memory isn't what it used to be. I somehow believed the car was a 2010 model when it was a 2009 model. Whoops! Still, given the mileage, the price should be lower.
Dropped the plan as my running is relatively low and also the price my car was fetching was too low! Continuing with my swift will be a better choice i feel.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2012 at 10:57. Reason: See note in post
NVI2112 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th February 2012, 22:58   #4290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I am not an resale expert but having sold my Manza recently, will add my few cents inline

Overall the cost seems high. From my recent experience, most dealers take the IDV value of the car, apply air cut and buy from sellers. Then they add their mark up and sell it back. Just check the IDV on the car + add the insurance cost (by calculating the time left), minus the expenditure that you have to incur with the tyres, 30k service, battery (if it is stock) and then the deal should be fair. Thougth the first gen vistas are good cars, would suggest you to pick the later gen vistas as it had undergone improvements.
Thanks a lot Sridhar K. Appreciate your suggestions

Even I thought the cost is on the higher side. I plan to have this on hold.

Meanwhile, I came across an another Vista QJD today evening in Toyota Utrust. Please find the details below,

Model: TATA Indica Vista Terra QJD 1.3 (Pre DriveTech4)

Manufacturing Year: May 2009 (VIN number - 10th digit is '9' and 12th digit is 'E')

KMs run: 40,700.
Color: Black

Insurance: Comprehensive upto 01 Nov 2012. The dealer showed me a list of vehicles that he had, which had the IDV mentioned as 2.92 Lakhs for this car. I asked him if any claims were made. He replied that there would not have been any claims as the IDV is not low.

No.of owners: 1

Tyres: All 5 OEM Good years. All of them are May 2009. The tyres have no life left at all. Needs replacement. Wheel caps available for all 4 wheels.

Battery: Car started in first crank. Battery looked new and I saw 11/11 mentioned in the sticker at the top. I think the manufacture date is Nov 2011.

Exteriors: A few minor scratches in the left front bumper. No dents.

Interiors: Grey - minor stains in few areas which i think is okay. No seat covers. Did not check the ICE though.

Engine bay: looked very neat. Checked the engine oil level and the oil looked black and so crude.

Extended Warranty: Dealer assured to tell about that once we sit for the deal. He also encouraged me to verify the service details from TATA after sales service.

Test Drive: Did not take a test drive as I had some other important work.

The dealers list showed the quote as 3.75 lakhs and the website shows 3.5 lakhs which i feel is high for a 40K kms run Terra QJD without any features or extra accessories. Carwale quotes Rs.3,25,000/- for fair condition.

So based on your suggestions, a fair deal would be, 2.92L (IDV) + 8,000 (insurance valid for 8 more months. I calculate the insurance roughly as 4% of IDV) - 25K (for tyres) = 2.75Lakhs I would have to add Autoform seat covers and remote central lock, which would cost 15K (8.5K + 6.5K). An additional 10K rupees for 40K kms service.

I am yet to test drive the car which I am planning to do within one or two days. As I am a newbie member I could not PM you. Do we have any other way to communicate, so that you could help me in getting the Service details?

My maximum budget is 3.5Lakhs, which includes the known expenses that would occur as soon as I buy the car. I would be happy if I get a refresh1 (DriveTech4) Vista QJD for this price even if it is a basic Terra trim.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks