Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 11:27   #6766
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,

Can you help me with the price of 6 month old Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz Edition with 5000km in Bangalore. It's Pondicherry registration. Condition is excellent, even the back seat plastic covers have not been removed.

Thanks!
Old 5th March 2013, 15:45   #6767
Senior - BHPian

How much for a single owner late 2008 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi top end version with 64k kms on the Odo. This is in Cochin.
Old 5th March 2013, 19:42   #6768
BHPian

Just for everyone's reference Planning to buy a Corolla Altis (Pre owned) for my parents. I zero-ed in on Altis because of the reliability and rear seat space advantage. I'm offering 7.9 L for a DL Regd July 2010 1.8G Model done only 15000 kms and in mint conditions with insurance for 2013 and next service paid for. Carwale suggests between 6.7 and 7.89 for the same but i'm willing to pay the premium because of its an individual seller and therefore no brokerage. Plus the service and general check up which I will have to do after buying it is paid for and finally for the benefit of the insurance.
Old 6th March 2013, 08:40   #6769
BHPian

Hi everyone, need a help - I bought a Laura TSI in Oct 2012 so just over 4 months now. Its run 2,900 kms even the first free checkup has not happened. I am relocating to UK for 2-3 years and hence contemplating selling the car. Can you guys help me with what should I expect here?
Old 6th March 2013, 12:22   #6770
BHPian

Just thought that this is the right place to share this article from today's TOI in Delhi.
Quote:
Car buyers suffer for dealer’s con job
Indrani Basu TNN

New Delhi: Imagine buying a car from an authorized dealer, only to have the police seize it.
Many were in for a rude shock after buying secondhand Skodas, BMWs, Honda CRVs and Volkswagen Passats and other fancy cars from a Mahindra First Choice franchisee in Lajpat Nagar.
They have had to surrender their cars to the police as the dealer didn’t pay the financier who gave him money to buy these vehicles. The customers are in a fix as the original registration certificates of these vehicles are now with the financier.
The incident was reported from J K Motor Corps, a Mahindra First Choice franchisee in Lajpat Nagar Part I. JK Motor director Pankaj Nagpal was arrested for cheating and criminal breach of trust after one of his financiers, Prem Chugh, claimed that Nagpal had cheated him of Rs 2.5crore. “I’d asked him about the security for the finance he wanted to buy the cars. He assured me he’d hand over original papers of the purchased cars with their sale letters to me as security,” Chugh told the police.
Nagpal allegedly sold at least 29 cars he bought with Chugh’s money but never paid him. He reportedly gave the buyers receipts, sales agreements and insurance.
“I bought a second-hand Honda City and was assured that all documents, including the RC, would be transferred in my name in 60 days. I had no idea of the murky dealings. Now, I’ve been forced to hand over my car, even though I’ve paid for it,” Mohit Sharma said. On Tuesday, Nagpal was sent to judicial custody after the police seized a dozen such cars from buyers.
“Investigations show that Nagpal cheated many,” additional commissioner of police (southeast) Ajay Chaudhry said. In the police report, Chugh has alleged that Nagpal swindled other financiers in the same manner.
Mahindra First Choice refused comment. “We’re aware of the case, but as investigations are on, we’re unable to comment. Speedy resolution of customer grievances is top priority for us and this is no exception,” a Mahindra First Choice spokesperson said.
The hapless buyer now has nowhere to go. “I bought a BMW. A month later, I’m asked to hand it over at the Lajpat Nagar police station. I bought the car only because of the Mahindra First Choice stamp. This has been a bad experience,” Gagandeep Singh, another buyer, said.
k2max6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 13:05   #6771
BHPian

A friend of mine wants to sell his 11 months old Manza in Hyderabad. Vehicle details

Manza Aura
20,750 kms - service history available

Reason for selling: Going onsite for 2 years starting from the second half of this year. As per carwale assessment, the range is 5.75 lakh - 6.75 lakh if he is an individual and it is 4.9 lakh - 6.3 lakh if he is a dealer.

Dear BHPians, please let me know for how much my friend can expect for this car and how easy it is in selling a Manza in Hyderabad market. Awaiting your reply at the earliest, thanks in advance
Old 6th March 2013, 15:09   #6772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Jacs,

You can expect approx Rs. 2 lacs for your 2004 Accent CRDI with 110,000 kms on ODO.

If the Car is currently in good condition, I will suggest to invest for beautification of the Car & retain it for another couple of years. Because any small Diesel Car will cost you more than Rs. 6+ lacs. Instead investing few thousand rupees in this car will be a better decision, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh, I am also feeling the same after the below checks.
  1. Quote given by a used car dealer is INR 150K only. May be a direct buyer might offer INR 180K max. This is too less to fund a replacement as the cheapest diesel hatch itself costs INR ~450K!
  2. Accent has now a days became a secondary ride when Xylo has taken over the Primary role. May be max 10K KMs an year.
  3. Today the car got serviced by Hyundai and they found no major issues. Looks like it can go safe for another 20K or 30K KMs which should ideally suffice for next 2-3 years hopefully.
  4. Overall ride on Accent CRDi is comfortable (except cramped second row which is rarely used by anyone as Xylo is there to pack 7 comfortably). Sufficient fuel efficiency (Average 16KMPL) and good power delivery from the CRDI workhorse.
  5. No extra tensions like warranty void if higher watt lights, oversized tyres etc, just a nominal Insurance premium for a 10 year old, can park anywhere.
Few points for caution are reliability and spare availability considering the age and market.

Now planning to get those minor scratches and denta repaired though not significant. Pocket damage could be around INR 15-20 K as enquired with a friendly body shop. Also reserving a relief fund of INR 50K to address any unexpected issues in coming days .

Last edited by jacs : 6th March 2013 at 15:17.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 15:45   #6773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks Jignesh, I am also feeling the same after the below checks.
  1. Quote given by a used car dealer is INR 150K only. May be a direct buyer might offer INR 180K max. This is too less to fund a replacement as the cheapest diesel hatch itself costs INR ~450K!
  2. Accent has now a days became a secondary ride when Xylo has taken over the Primary role. May be max 10K KMs an year.
  3. Today the car got serviced by Hyundai and they found no major issues. Looks like it can go safe for another 20K or 30K KMs which should ideally suffice for next 2-3 years hopefully.
  4. Overall ride on Accent CRDi is comfortable (except cramped second row which is rarely used by anyone as Xylo is there to pack 7 comfortably). Sufficient fuel efficiency (Average 16KMPL) and good power delivery from the CRDI workhorse.
  5. No extra tensions like warranty void if higher watt lights, oversized tyres etc, just a nominal Insurance premium for a 10 year old, can park anywhere.
Few points for caution are reliability and spare availability considering the age and market.

Now planning to get those minor scratches and denta repaired though not significant. Pocket damage could be around INR 15-20 K as enquired with a friendly body shop. Also reserving a relief fund of INR 50K to address any unexpected issues in coming days .

Forgot to add that the car has a fairly new battery and tyres. Also all belts, rubbers and fault prone minor parts changed during previous service being a 100K KMs celebration by Hyundai . Hope this is also a valid justification for keeping the car for next 2-3 years rather than selling it now.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 16:18   #6774
Distinguished - BHPian

What can I expect for my Linea 1.3MJD Emotion (not E-Pack)
- 2009, Chennai registered
- 2nd Owner
- Flamenco Red
- 55k on odo
- 70% Tyre life
- No concerns except for a bit of rattle noise
- Added accessories: Reverse parking sensor and black art leather seat covers
Old 6th March 2013, 16:21   #6775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
- 2009, Chennai registered
- 2nd Owner
- Flamenco Red
- 55k on odo
- 70% Tyre life
- No concerns except for a bit of rattle noise
- Added accessories: Reverse parking sensor and black art leather seat covers
You had just bought it a few months back,isnt it?
any particular reason to sell it off so soon?
you can expect about 4-4.2L for your car depending on resale value of Fiat there
Old 6th March 2013, 16:56   #6776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hi everyone, need a help - I bought a Laura TSI in Oct 2012 so just over 4 months now. Its run 2,900 kms even the first free checkup has not happened. I am relocating to UK for 2-3 years and hence contemplating selling the car. Can you guys help me with what should I expect here?
Do you have secure storage for the car? Are you going to be visiting India at least twice a year? Are you reasonably sure you will permanently relocate back to India at the end of 2/3 years in UK?

If the answers to the above questions are "Yes", don't sell. Store it, use it when you are here, service it, and take a decision when you finally come back for good.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 17:29   #6777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
You had just bought it a few months back,isnt it?
any particular reason to sell it off so soon?
Thanks dude.
Yes, I got it 8 months back, and now I'm in need of a MUV + Hatch.
So planning to sell her and get a used Innova + new Ritz/Micra.
Old 6th March 2013, 17:43   #6778
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
CarWale used car evaluation report says this:

Name:  UsedCarEvaluation.png
Views: 2085
Size:  19.6 KB

CarWale's evaluation report is fairly accurate. When I sold my MS Versa in 2009, I used this tool to quote my price plus some margin and I got that price after negotiation!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 6th March 2013 at 17:55.

Old 6th March 2013, 21:26   #6779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
CarWale used car evaluation report says this
Thanks dude.
But for most cases Carwale will not be accurate (even in my case too, since Fiat has got a poor resale value in India)
If I'm getting an offer for carwale quote, I will sell her immediately without a second thought.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 21:41   #6780
BHPian

Honda Civic 2007 in Blr
3rd owner 38k, complete history of car known
Expects 5.5
Car in good condition and well maintained

What is a good price ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks