Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 01:52   #4291
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

The prices of second hand Optra magnums have shot up on Carwale.

How much can i expect for my diamond white optra magnum LT 2.0 tcdi june 2007 model run 97500 kms. I spent Rs 31,000/- last week for replacing shocks suspension parts, bearings, ac and steering parts and complete service and have the bills with me.

Please keep in mind that the car is Karnataka registered (the highest life tax in any state in India)
Old 26th February 2012, 11:09   #4292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
The prices of second hand Optra magnums have shot up on Carwale.

How much can i expect for my diamond white optra magnum LT 2.0 tcdi june 2007 model run 97500 kms. I spent Rs 31,000/- last week for replacing shocks suspension parts, bearings, ac and steering parts and complete service and have the bills with me.

Please keep in mind that the car is Karnataka registered (the highest life tax in any state in India)
if you are the first owner you can expect 5 to 5.25L
Old 26th February 2012, 12:05   #4293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAddict View Post
Thanks a lot Sridhar K. Appreciate your suggestions

Even I thought the cost is on the higher side. I plan to have this on hold.

Meanwhile, I came across an another Vista QJD today evening in Toyota Utrust. Please find the details below,

Model: TATA Indica Vista Terra QJD 1.3 (Pre DriveTech4)

Manufacturing Year: May 2009 (VIN number - 10th digit is '9' and 12th digit is 'E')

KMs run: 40,700.
Color: Black

Insurance: Comprehensive upto 01 Nov 2012. The dealer showed me a list of vehicles that he had, which had the IDV mentioned as 2.92 Lakhs for this car. I asked him if any claims were made. He replied that there would not have been any claims as the IDV is not low.

No.of owners: 1

Tyres: All 5 OEM Good years. All of them are May 2009. The tyres have no life left at all. Needs replacement. Wheel caps available for all 4 wheels.

Battery: Car started in first crank. Battery looked new and I saw 11/11 mentioned in the sticker at the top. I think the manufacture date is Nov 2011.

Exteriors: A few minor scratches in the left front bumper. No dents.

Interiors: Grey - minor stains in few areas which i think is okay. No seat covers. Did not check the ICE though.

Engine bay: looked very neat. Checked the engine oil level and the oil looked black and so crude.

Extended Warranty: Dealer assured to tell about that once we sit for the deal. He also encouraged me to verify the service details from TATA after sales service.

Test Drive: Did not take a test drive as I had some other important work.

The dealers list showed the quote as 3.75 lakhs and the website shows 3.5 lakhs which i feel is high for a 40K kms run Terra QJD without any features or extra accessories. Carwale quotes Rs.3,25,000/- for fair condition.

So based on your suggestions, a fair deal would be, 2.92L (IDV) + 8,000 (insurance valid for 8 more months. I calculate the insurance roughly as 4% of IDV) - 25K (for tyres) = 2.75Lakhs I would have to add Autoform seat covers and remote central lock, which would cost 15K (8.5K + 6.5K). An additional 10K rupees for 40K kms service.

I am yet to test drive the car which I am planning to do within one or two days. As I am a newbie member I could not PM you. Do we have any other way to communicate, so that you could help me in getting the Service details?

My maximum budget is 3.5Lakhs, which includes the known expenses that would occur as soon as I buy the car. I would be happy if I get a refresh1 (DriveTech4) Vista QJD for this price even if it is a basic Terra trim.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Hi Driveaddict,

Sad fact is that in this part of the country the prices of used cars are bloated up by the cartel of dealers, especially now diesel cars claim a premium.

The second Vista Toyota U trust seems to be good value. IMO, direct dealing with the seller is the best, nothing can't beat it.

BTW, Since you quoted Coimbatore, did you check at Mannadiar cars? Seems to be a good place.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:24   #4294

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
Hi Driveaddict,

Sad fact is that in this part of the country the prices of used cars are bloated up by the cartel of dealers, especially now diesel cars claim a premium.

The second Vista Toyota U trust seems to be good value. IMO, direct dealing with the seller is the best, nothing can't beat it.

BTW, Since you quoted Coimbatore, did you check at Mannadiar cars? Seems to be a good place.
Thank you rangarx.

What you say seems to be correct. I even called a few used car dealers after looking some of their used Vista ads. All most all the cars are sold within a few days. I wonder if the buyers of those cars are knowledgeable about the basics of cars. Both the individuals and the dealers are least interested in replying to my queries and they answer with a 'take it or leave it' attitude for diesel cars.

I am yet to take a test drive of the vista from Toyota utrust. Will share my thoughts once I do so.

My Home town is near Tiruppur. Looking at your location as Udumalpet, I think we both hail from the same district . I work and stay in Chennai and I would be making a long drive to my home town and my Sisters house in Coimbatore once in a month.

One thing I am very sure about is, If the cars are so highly priced in a competitive used car market in Chennai, then definitely, the premium in Coimbatore and Erode will be even more.
Old 28th February 2012, 10:26   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Please do not mistake me. The invoice price might be around 5.7L when you have bought it. Applying depreciation, the correct value would be around 3.5L. Maruti's depreciation the lowest among cars sold it India.

Yes I agree that the car looks spic and span. But when a buyer checks with the service center and comes to know that the car has been repainted completely will have apprehensions (or reservations). The car looks good and superbly maintained, but for little more than 4L one could get 2010 model K12B swift P.
I am looking to sell my White Swift VXI (Sep 2008). ODO meter: 26000 KM. Single Owner, Alloy Wheels, Music System with USB. From the rates online, i see similar cars sold for 3.85 lakhs. what do you guys think?
Old 28th February 2012, 10:30   #4296

Hi,

I am looking to sell my Hyundai Santro XL purchased in April 2007 in Karnataka. It has been driven 54000 kms. Recently the tyres had been changed and is in pristine condition.

dilbee
Old 28th February 2012, 11:44   #4297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
A new one (base version) costs around 12.5L on road in Gurgaon (excluding any accesories).

Better find yourself an appreciating buyer buddy because this car is a depreciation disaster. Taking it to any of the used car dealers for valuation will leave you heartbroken. Selling it to an individual might get you around 9L.
Well to be honest I'm looking for a max of 8L. Its paid for by my company (part of my perks), so I have very little outgoing. Plus after 2 years (july) it gets transferred to my name. So selling it at 8L would be good enough for me. Anyone interested do let me know.
Old 28th February 2012, 14:10   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Well to be honest I'm looking for a max of 8L. Its paid for by my company (part of my perks), so I have very little outgoing. Plus after 2 years (july) it gets transferred to my name. So selling it at 8L would be good enough for me. Anyone interested do let me know.
I think you have realistic expectations and should be able to get yourself a buyer at 7.5-8L. Hope you get your VRS soon.
Old 1st March 2012, 20:09   #4299
BHPian

I am getting a fair condition Accent GLE 2007 petrol with just 21k kms on the odo for 1.85 Lakhs. Is it a good buy?
Old 1st March 2012, 20:11   #4300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I am getting a fair condition Accent GLE 2007 petrol with just 21k kms on the odo for 1.85 Lakhs. Is it a good buy?
It certainly is, as long as the car is good and odo is not tempered with. This actually is at the price of a 2007 santro.
Old 1st March 2012, 20:18   #4301
BHPian

Don't know about odo but gear lever and headlight switches look good as new and engine is also free from any oil leakage so I hope its not tampered.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_0052.jpg

Will get it inspected from my mechanic too. The rear tyre was punctured so the steel rim there. He will give all 4 alloys.

Last edited by Hashim : 1st March 2012 at 20:20. Reason: forgot to add some details
Old 1st March 2012, 22:21   #4302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
It certainly is a very good buy indeed, but at this price i guess you may be getting a lemon, as for this price you will get a santro with more then 50k on odo.

Can you post some more pics, including interior pics of car showing odo!

Please get the car checked thoroughly at your known mechanic or HASS.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 1st March 2012, 22:42   #4303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Can you post some more pics, including interior pics of car showing odo!

Please get the car checked thoroughly at your known mechanic or HASS.

here it is:

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_0054.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_0055.jpg

Thanks I'll sure get it checked by a mechanic
Old 1st March 2012, 22:55   #4304
Senior - BHPian

At the price you're getting this accent, it surely makes deal look tempting but going by the car condition in the above pics and just 21k in 5 years make me think again about this deal !

As accent still holds a very good resale value, and 2007 model should go around 2.4 lkhs.
Old 1st March 2012, 23:10   #4305
BHPian

Hashim, It looks to me that the odometer is not telling the correct picture. The pictures which you have posted shows that the rubber pad on clutch pedal is worn and one can actually see the metal portion under it. According to me that's not normal. Just have the complete service history checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks