Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 14:55   #5266
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
That rule of thumb applies generally. Currently does not apply to XUV.

I saw a 2012 W6 with 4700 kms on the odo change hands in Gurgaon last month for 11.8L. The sale happened between a dealer and end user. The dealer had bought it for 11.4 and had offers up to 11.7 from other dealers. So IMO the W8 should be worth between 11.5-12L.
@11.8 lakhs it would make more sense to go for a new W6 than a second hand one given the difference in interest rates between new and used cars and the depreciation hit you will have to take when you sell the car as the 2nd owner.

The market for XUV is artificially created by brokers trying to make money. As more and more niggles about the cars come in open and more and more cars show up in used car market, this artificial bubble is going to collapse.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:10   #5267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
@11.8 lakhs it would make more sense to go for a new W6 than a second hand one given the difference in interest rates between new and used cars and the depreciation hit you will have to take when you sell the car as the 2nd owner.

The market for XUV is artificially created by brokers trying to make money. As more and more niggles about the cars come in open and more and more cars show up in used car market, this artificial bubble is going to collapse.
Not everyone buys a car on loan. There are a good number of people who do not belive in loaning funds. So the argument about interest rates may not always apply. You may find this funny but a W6 XUV was sold for 12.8L in April'12 in front of my eyes. The person who bought it had sold off his substantial land holding and wanted a XUV immediately. There are all kinds of buyers.

Re. a market being artificially created. May be, may not be. Irrespective of rigging, why would I bother if I am out to sell? You take a 2012 XUV W8 to old Delhi road in Gurgaon and I can guarantee that you will get a minimum of 11.5L provided it is not accidental. And if dealers are lapping it up then there must be people buying it. The XUV deal I mentioned in the earlier post - the vehicle stood in front of the dealer's office for all of 3 hours. In that time period there were 4 offers. One deal does not a market make but the evidence of XUV demand was too overwhelming for me.
Old 6th August 2012, 19:33   #5268
BHPian

Hi All,

Am planning to buy a Fiesta which has run 16000 kms. The manufacture data is 2009. Not sure about the month though. The car is squeaky clean and the owner wants 5.75L

Is this a realistic price? Considering the rising price of petrol, all the cars that the dealer showed which had run below 20000 kms was in this price range.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that it is a Diesel. It is an exi model Limited Edition

Last edited by Maxwell Arthur : 6th August 2012 at 19:35. Reason: Forgot to mention the variant
Old 6th August 2012, 20:10   #5269
Senior - BHPian

That Price for Fiesta seems to be on much higher side, coz somebody i know picked up a 2009 60,000 kms Grey Fiesta Sxi Tdci for 3.75L. Car is in very good condition with compete service history.
Try and check the VIN from Ford dealership to get actual mileage on Odo and wont suggest you to cross 4.25L.
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 20:12   #5270

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
That's over priced .you can get it for around 2.0 to 2.25 max
Can I ??? swift for 2.25
Please help, what I can get for 2-2.35... Swift, WagonR,spark,i10,i20 in terms of year,model and kms.
Old 7th August 2012, 09:54   #5271
Distinguished - BHPian

How much do used Honda Jazz's retail for in Bangalore these days? Any around even?
Old 7th August 2012, 10:14   #5272
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week, we bought a 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi for 3 lacs, in Bangalore. The vehicle was used for ~33,000 kilometers by only one owner. All the service was done in Lathangi Ford, Bangalore, with no accidents, and no real part replacements.

The only major thing replaced according to the records is the ball joints.

Is it a good price?
Old 7th August 2012, 10:16   #5273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlotwin View Post
Can I ??? swift for 2.25
Please help, what I can get for 2-2.35... Swift, WagonR,spark,i10,i20 in terms of year,model and kms.
I have been looking for a swift or wagon r (recent) for a long time now. Haven't really come across any swift (after 2006) below 2.5 lakhs. It would be of great help if someone could guide where to find a swift so cheap in NCR.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:22   #5274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Is this a realistic price?
Max, If the mileage is genuine and the car has no problems, 5L is what you should be looking to bring it down to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
wont suggest you to cross 4.25L.
Fiesta diesels have very good resale in Chennai. 4.25L is way too optimistic, The car has hardly done 16K and if its in very good nick, there will be lot of people ready to pick it up in 5L there abouts.
ToroRosso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 10:27   #5275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
hi guys,

please advice on a fair market price of my vehicle.

Make- mahindra xuv 500
colour- Black
Variant- w8
kms- 5500 km
Jan 2012 manufactured
Excellent condition except a deep scratch on driver's door(can be repainted before selling).

Thanks for your advice.

I know someone who bought a white W8 AWD for 14L. It was a month old piece with 2000 kms on the odo and the original seat plastic was still on. This deal happened in July.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:30   #5276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso View Post
Max, If the mileage is genuine and the car has no problems, 5L is what you should be looking to bring it down to.

The car has absolutely no problems. The interior and the exterior are in very good shape. There is absolutely no scratches on the car.

Fiesta diesels have very good resale in Chennai. 4.25L is way too optimistic, The car has hardly done 16K and if its in very good nick, there will be lot of people ready to pick it up in 5L there abouts.
The price of diesels in Chennai have shot up so much that there was a 2008 Indigo, run 48000 and was quoted 4.5L
Old 7th August 2012, 15:45   #5277
BHPian

Is 4.10 Lakhs a good price for i10 Asta 1.2 Automatic with Sunroof (Top version of this model)

Purchase Date: Aug 2010 (almost 2 years old)
Purchase Price: 6 Lakhs + 15K seat cover and sun film
Color: Oyster Grey
Running: 16000 KM
Insurance Expiring in a months time.

Car in excellent condition with leather seats et all. The seller is a friend and has kept his car well.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:12   #5278
Team-BHP Support

I recently sold my Oct '05 Corsa Sail 1.4 (45k kms run, well maintained and no accident) for 63k in Gurgaon. The buyer will take care of transfer+registration formalities.

Not sure if it was a good deal or not but a lot of factors (out of production car, low FE, high maintenance cost, low resale values in NCR etc.) combined with lack of time considered, I'm satisfied.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:50   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Is 4.10 Lakhs a good price for i10 Asta 1.2 Automatic with Sunroof (Top version of this model)

Purchase Date: Aug 2010 (almost 2 years old)
Purchase Price: 6 Lakhs + 15K seat cover and sun film
Color: Oyster Grey
Running: 16000 KM
Insurance Expiring in a months time.

Car in excellent condition with leather seats et all. The seller is a friend and has kept his car well.
Hello OHCVtec!
4.1L seems like a fair price to pay for 2010 i10 AT. It being your friend's car & you knowing the history of the car is worth about 50k's!!
Why dont you negotiate for 4L round figure.That'll take care of insurance partly!
Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 7th August 2012 at 19:52.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 00:52   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik
I have a July 2006 model hyundai Getz GLS.
It has 97000 on the odo.
The car is in a good condition.
Got the tires changed at 90000kms.
Its a first owner vehicle.
No paint work or repair work evr done, its a clean car.

Just wanted to know the approximate price at which it cud be sold ?
No one to answer my post ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks