Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

This is great news if its true, X1 at CRV prices will surely get BMW's cash registers ringing.

What are the engine options and trim levels expected?
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Options offered abroad are 143/177 BHP diesels and 258 bhp (inline 6) petrol
Old 15th December 2009, 15:14   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Internationally how does the X1 compare with the 3 series base models in pricing.

That would give an indicator on the relative pricing vs the 3 series in India.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:04   #19
Team-BHP Support

@ACM: the prices are largely in the same band. you can check out their top gear review page for a sense of the pricing
Old 11th February 2010, 18:58   #20
BHPian

I guess, Skoda Yeti will be a contender for most of the soft roaders mentioned in the previous posts and will have the good market share in the 5 seater market if its offered with options of powertrains and transmissions as indicated in the Auto-Expo.

X1 definitely, looks class, has the charm and will have its own niche. For actual offroading Mahindra Thar and likes would be better choice IMHO.
Old 13th May 2010, 23:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Just saw it at the Infinity showroom. I love the looks, and like the interiors too. I think it's basically a 3-series SUV, and the pricing is similar to the 320d Highline. A very good buy, I'd say.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

BMW X1 caught testing in pune.
Images courtesy : Motoroids - Cars, motorcyles, bikes, Auto news India, review, road test, news, first drive, first ride, motorsport, motor shows, car buy / sell, car prices, specifications
Attached Thumbnails
BMW X1 launched at 22 lakhs! Details on pg. 7!-2011bmwx1forindiataillightstailgate.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2010, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Rough pricing from what I've gathered:

X-drive 2.0 i - 24 lacs
X-drive 2.0 d - 28 lacs

Both are ex-showroom.
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:59   #24
BHPian

seen the car in person - its as tall as a Maruti Ritz! that's an exaggeration but not by much.

this new fad of ugly SAV's (X1, Mini roadster is it?, Q3 etc) - its just higher station-wagons! The whole concept of a butch, aggressive SUV has been watered down and this is all we are left with.

The pricing is key and at 26/28, its just gonna cannibalize sales from prospective 3 buyers. Anything around 20 and this fuggly duckling may have a chance of being a 'gamechanger'.

nyaahh...i'll still buy the fortuner, captiva or crv before this guy.
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think its a good deal.Obviously you are not going to buy this car to do some mud plugging but a bigger and spacious 3 series if you are fond of the odd weekend trip,but you are also fond of handling and good driving dynamics(not in the class of 3 but still better than other suvs) and that oh-so-sweet 2.0D.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:19   #26
BHPian

so now a Hyundai and a BMW are going to be priced side by side ? the new
santa-fe & X1 have nearly the same price points . The will be a corporate edition coming later which will furthur reduce the price of the X1. Also waiting for the volvo xc60.
Old 3rd September 2010, 05:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

While some of you compare it in terms of price to Fortuner / CR-V etc. believe me you will be disappointed when you see this in person, it's quite a small car and will cater to a different segment of people and will not really eat much into the Fortuner etc.
Old 3rd September 2010, 07:38   #28
mxx
BHPian

Although it wont dent the sales of fortuner substantially, there will be a lot of converts. General thinking is that fortuner is good off-road, but in India how many fortuners have you seen mud plunging? Forget off-road, many fortuners are chauffeur driven. These owners might convert because the brand will be more important than off-road capabilities. There are others who use suv for weekend getaways but not for off-roading. x1 fits their use + bmw engine,ride, handling+comfortable in city too.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Although it wont dent the sales of fortuner substantially, there will be a lot of converts. General thinking is that fortuner is good off-road, but in India how many fortuners have you seen mud plunging? Forget off-road, many fortuners are chauffeur driven. These owners might convert because the brand will be more important than off-road capabilities. There are others who use suv for weekend getaways but not for off-roading. x1 fits their use + bmw engine,ride, handling+comfortable in city too.
The X1 is in a totally different league and end use against the Fortuner, the only thing in common would be the price. If you put the two against each other the X1 would win for its Interiors and comfort that it would be given. I for one would not convert from my Fortuner to the X1, and not many others would too. This would possibly be the next buy after seeing the end use. As far as i have noticed how many bolero's or under Rs 10 Lakhs SUV's have you seen offroading or mud plunging, probably my guess would be 1 in every 1000 cars of that marque sold in India. In India even a Lamborghini is chauffered my friend this is a piddly Toyota in commparrision, you sound like your from another planet and i dont mean any disrespect to you. In India if you can hire a person to save you hassles of parking or traffic why not, whats the harm in it. Dont tell you you drive, clean the car, house, cook food etc yourself, i'm sure you have people who do it for you .
These cars are bought for the size and like they say is the new flavour till something else comes in the looks like a bodygaurd. Like you mentioned the X1 would be for weekend getaways, but i think more for the city users, Luggage would an issue if there is lots of luggage and four people.

Last edited by speedy : 3rd September 2010 at 11:44.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:47   #30
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
you sound like your from another planet and i dont mean any disrespect to you. In India if you can hire a person to save you hassles of parking or traffic why not, whats the harm in it. Dont tell you you drive, clean the car, house, cook food etc yourself, i'm sure you have people who do it for you .
Usually I dont reply to replies of my post unless the some clarification is sought from me by the reply post.
Why I replied to this post, is to request you not to make things personal. This thread is not about me, it is about a vehicle called x1. And I do not come to teambhp to make personal comments and that is what i expect back.
Please dont make comments like below. For the record except cleaning my car i do most of the other things you mentioned.
Peace!!!

Back to the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The X1 is in a totally different league and end use against the Fortuner, the only thing in common would be the price. If you put the two against each other the X1 would win for its Interiors and comfort that it would be given. I for one would not convert from my Fortuner to the X1, and not many others would too. This would possibly be the next buy after seeing the end use. As far as i have noticed how many bolero's or under Rs 10 Lakhs SUV's have you seen offroading or mud plunging, probably my guess would be 1 in every 1000 cars of that marque sold in India. In India even a Lamborghini is chauffered my friend this is a piddly Toyota in commparrision, you sound like your from another planet and i dont mean any disrespect to you. In India if you can hire a person to save you hassles of parking or traffic why not, whats the harm in it. Dont tell you you drive, clean the car, house, cook food etc yourself, i'm sure you have people who do it for you .
These cars are bought for the size and like they say is the new flavour till something else comes in the looks like a bodygaurd. Like you mentioned the X1 would be for weekend getaways, but i think more for the city users, Luggage would an issue if there is lots of luggage and four people.
I did not say it is in the same league as fortuner did I?, infact it is not even in the same league as RAV4. x1 is way below all the softroaders. I think we can compare it to a crossover like the sedici/sx4 4wd but slightly bigger and more expensive.
I was only pointing out the facts about why one would choose x1 over fortuner or other suvs at the same price range.
About weekend getaways, why I mentioned x1 is not because it can carry luggage(fortuner can carry twice as much luggage). It is because x1 has more GC than a premium sedan like any other softroader(good for country roads and broken highways) but with a driving experience that is good as sedans(for expressways, good wide NHs)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks