Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 13:44   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Just to clear my confusion..which SUVs is the X1 actually be pitted against apart from the CRV ?? The Q5 clearly is a lot more expensive and also bigger in size. The engines on offer in the Q are also more powerful. So is it only to be the CRV ?
X1 would be mainly pitted against the CRV, Outlander, Captiva etc. Q5 is a different segment and for that BMW X3 is the real competition.

And you are forgetting, that X1 may attract many of those who are on "waiting" of Toyota Fortuner and would rather switch to BMW X1 than waiting for 6-8 months.I know you cant compare Fortuner's off roading capability to that of the X1, but there is a segment of Fortuner / Pajero buyers who mainly use their SUV's for highway cruising than off roading. That is just my assumption. Dont intend to start a debate.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 6th October 2010 at 13:45.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:44   #77
BHPian

soon to be launched
1. AUDI Q3
2. SKODA YETI
3. RENAULT KOLEOS
4. MITSUBISHI MINI OUTLANDER

BOSS THE LIST HAS MANY MORE NAMES.I BET,THIS WOULD BE THE SEGMENT TO WATCH OUT FOR IN 11-12.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:06   #78
Senior - BHPian

X1 compact SUV by January 2011.

Now Auto car has a different story about X1 engine specifications.

"BMW India will launch its X1 compact SUV by January 2011. The smallest SUV yet from the BMW stable will be powered by 1.8-litre petrol and 2.0-litre diesel engines.

In India, the SUV will be available as a rear-wheel drive which has helped the German car maker to price the X1 on par with its competitors. The X1 will be launched in two trim levels; Highline and Corporate Edition. Like the 320d CE, the X1 CE too will miss some features that will be available in the top of the line Highline variant."

More details here : BMW X1 India launch by Jan 2011 | Autocar India

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 7th October 2010 at 13:07.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:19   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I expect the X1 to be very stripped down to meet aggressive pricing. An enthusiast would probably still buy the 3 series for around the same price.
The BMW badge is the biggest priority for the x1 buyer, I expect most 20 lakh car buyers to stretch for the X1. It probably would flood the metros just like the 7th Gen accord did back in 2003.

The ET yesterday reported that BMW Finance division has now got their go-ahead from the RBI. It's perfect timing as they will get customized finance schemes for people to make their cars and the X1 in particular to be more affordable.

Last edited by Sahil : 7th October 2010 at 13:22.
Old 7th October 2010, 23:06   #80
BHPian

I personally think that X1 could sell more than the 3 series. Its kind of like the CRV vs Accord sales in the past like you said Sahil.

We know Accord was more popular between the two but since both cars here would be stripped down versions and the X1 looking more expensive (bigger looks more expensive in India) I think that it would be really close between the two.

Hopefully the car will open yet another chapter in our market
Old 8th October 2010, 10:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

If the X1 highline and CE are launched at the sametime , its going to be raining CEs !
With the 3, the CE came much much later.
For the Rs.20 lakh buyers the CE would make perfect sense ( they would end up getting that BMW badge anyways ) and perhaps for prospective passat- superb 3.6,CRV type buyers, the highline would be a dream come true.
What really intrigues me is, how would the average NONenthusiast, who has a family of say 3-4 including himself, choose between the X1 and 3 series (lets assume both as CE editions for price subsidies ) ? It could go a long way in deciding which of the 2 would bring in greater volumes IMO as for a family of 4 , both have space on the inside, both are good highway cruisers sharing the same oil burners, similar features in both (presumtion). Would it go down purely to looks ????

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 8th October 2010 at 10:13.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:41   #82
Senior - BHPian

^IMHO as I will use a lots of generalized statements from my past experience.

X1 will do exceedingly well, people at large (non enthusiasts) do not drive their 3s for fun and what the car can do, many do not know what is 50:50 balance and to the max their machines is strict no no as its their priced possession to pose, most BMWs are being bought just because its BMW not understanding the machine. I have 10 friends buying the machine as it was just their next financial upgrade. 5 of them were petrols and only 2 CEs and rest 1 Highline and 2 335i because it was latest.

I think now the wifes will have their say in safe looking crossover that makes practical sense on our uneven worn out roads. The crossover is not too delightful for a purist but it will still be a BMW and thats what will mater at the end.

X1 with delicious 320d engine at 20L ex-showroom will send tremors and bring down the complete D+ segment cars. Few will survive the Bavarian onslaught I assume.

Will be amongst the initial few to take this one up. Wife is driving me nuts for Skoda superb which I am fending off even after palatable reviews by senior members.

Cheers!
Old 8th October 2010, 11:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

Will be amongst the initial few to take this one up. Wife is driving me nuts for Skoda superb which I am fending off even after palatable reviews by senior members.

Cheers!
So your eyes are on the X1 CE you mean ?
Must say your wife has a good choice ! The superb 1.8tsi is a potent offering. In the X1's case, purely as it is a Beemer and that 2 litre diesel is so delicious, the odds tilt in its favour. On gadgets, i am sure the superb would eat the X1 CE whole.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

^She drives herself so no comfort and time to play with all the gadgets, she is just up for the bling
Old 10th October 2010, 17:10   #85
BHPian

So is it official yet, I mean the prices and variants ?

Quoting AutoCar India website "The BMW X1 1.8i Corporate Edition will be priced at Rs 22.99lakh, while the 2.0-litre diesel Highline variant will retail at Rs 29lakh (all prices ex-showroom). "
Old 15th December 2010, 23:02   #86
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 going to be launched in India at 25 lakhs?

The BMW X1 launch date is 23rd of December.
Old 15th December 2010, 23:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 going to be launched in India at 25 lakhs?

Thread Closed. Please continue further discussion here
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:45   #88
BHPian

BMW X1 Launched!!!Starting from 22l

German luxury car maker BMW on Thursday launched its new sports utility vehicle, ‘X1’, in India at a price tag of up to Rs 29.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The vehicle will be available in both petrol and diesel variants. While the petrol option will be available for Rs 22 lakh (ex-showroom, all-India), the diesel variant will have two options priced at Rs 23.9 lakh and Rs 29.9 lakh (ex-showroom, all-India) , respectively, the company said.

Quote:
X1 sDrive 1.8i petrol: Rs 22 lakh
X1 sDrive 20d: Rs 23.90 lakh
X1 sDrive 20d Exclusive: Rs 29.90 lakh
X1 sDrive 20d Cool Elegance: Rs 32.5lakh
--Two engine options - 1.8-litre petrol* and 2.0-litre diesel
--Corporate petrol/diesel and Exclusive diesel trims
--Priced in the region of Rs 22-32.5 lakh
--200 plus pre-orders from Delhi/NCR region alone, 300 plus orders from Mumbai region expected
--Downpayment of Rs 3 lakh; dealerships quoting 5-6 month waiting in metros already

The X1 will be offered in three trims – a basic two-wheel drive car called the Corporate Edition, the two-wheel drive Exclusive and two-wheel drive Cool Elegance. The All-wheel drive xDrive may be an option but is not known for the moment. To be offered with a 1995cc, four-cylinder diesel engine, the X1 sDrive20d will produce about 176 bhp of peak power and an equally impressive 35.5 kgm of peak torque, the X1 is bound to become one of the quickest in its segment. Mated to a six-speed automatic, this 2.0-litre diesel motor should have good driveability in town and on the highway as we've seen with the 320d. *The Corporate Edition will also be offered with a 1.8-litre petrol option, producing around 150 bhp and will be called the X1 sDrive 18i.

On the outside, the X1 will get halogens for the base version and xenons with corona rings for the Exclusive and Cool Elegance Version version. The Corporate Edition will also sport 16-inch wheels, with the Exclusive and Cool Elegance running on 17-inchers while optional 18-inchers will be available as an accessory.

On the inside, the typical Corporate Edition features like a single-CD player instead of a six-CD changer and faux leather instead of cowhides will be part of the package. The Highline will not only get the six-disc changer with aux-in and USB ports as well as leather seats, but will also get a 4-inch screen and i-Drive with Bluetooth as standard. A panorama sunroof will also be offered on the Exclusive which won't be available on the X1 sDrive 18i and 20d.

Interior space is decent for four and maybe a touch cramped in comparison to full grown SUVs such as the Toyota Fortuner and Hyundai Santa Fe.

What is important to know is that BMW has fired a salvo not only at its German competition, but also taken on the likes of Toyota, Hyundai and Nissan who have a significant presence in the Rs 20-30 lakh price bracket. As a segment buster, the X1 has tremendous potential and might only help the company cement its position in India as the best-selling luxury car brand. Watch this space for more updates as they happen.

“The new BMW ‘X1’ sets the benchmark by bringing together features of a sports activity vehicle with spontaneous flexibility and outstanding fuel economy,” BMW India President Mr Andreas Schaaf said.

The new vehicle will be assembled at the company’s Chennai plant. This sports utility vehicle will be positioned below its existing ‘X3’ and ‘X5’ SUV models, which are already being sold in the country.

Last edited by ahmed26 : 23rd December 2010 at 15:49.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:51   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 Launched!!!Starting from 22l

Brilliant pricing by BMW i say! CRV, Captiva, X-trail, Outlander and the likes will feel the pinch for sure.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:57   #90
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 Launched!!!Starting from 22l

Great pricing by BMW. This will surely make manufacturers like Honda,Nissan etc. to rethink their strategy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks