Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 10:08   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

If ACI is to be believed, BMW is planning to sell X1 Highline at price close to 25 Lakh Rupees. At this price it will be extremely good value for money since the CRV top variant now costs close to 25L. A Corporate Edition of X1 might be sold later at even more attractive price.

The India bound X1 will be a RWD only version. It will come with the same 2.0 Diesel Engine sold in the 320d sedan here. Expect this crossover to be a driver focussed vehicle, Just like all BMW's are.
Old 4th September 2010, 14:46   #32
BHPian

I fail to understand how the X1 highline can be priced almost 25% cheaper than the 3 highline. Does BMW have this kind of margin? If yes, why knock the prices down for the X instead of the 3?

25 lacs isn't going to happen - expect prices to be at par with the 3er.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:10   #33
BHPian

Does anyone know when the X1 will be launched? Seeing the sample in the showrooms i would have thought that the launch would be done by now? if the High line come in at around 25-28lcs it would certainly do very very well!

Has anyone sat in the car, if yes how is the space at the back?
Old 7th September 2010, 00:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
I fail to understand how the X1 highline can be priced almost 25% cheaper than the 3 highline. Does BMW have this kind of margin? If yes, why knock the prices down for the X instead of the 3?

25 lacs isn't going to happen - expect prices to be at par with the 3er.
I believe the X1 crossover/mini-SUV, whatever it is, isn't on the same lines as that of a 3er. Let's put it this way, the X1 is loosely based on the 1 Series and the X3 is loosely based on the 3 Series. I'm not saying that it works that way, but the X1 isn't in the same league as the 3 Series/X3.

If at all BMW launches the 1 Series in India (that would be highly unlikely), it would fall under the same price bracket that the X1 falls under, if not cheaper. Much like how the 3 Series and X3 are priced.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

@Suhaas Whoa never really thought on these lines.X1 & 1 series,X3 & 3 series,X5 & 5 series,X6 & 6 series
Just kidding.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:00   #36
Team-BHP Support

I don't really understand Auto Mag predictions and ex - showroom pricings are not the best indicator of what the actual damage to pocket will be. To me the only relevant number is "on road" price.

My sense is that the X1 (highline) on road Mumbai will be in the region of Rs. 35 lakhs. That's almost 4-5 lakh more than the CRV A/T (not comparing them but since the pricing was compared earlier in this thread).

I seriously doubt they will launch a cheaper Corp Edn sort of variant at least at this juncture. Perhaps much later but certainly not at launch.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I believe the X1 crossover/mini-SUV, whatever it is, isn't on the same lines as that of a 3er. Let's put it this way, the X1 is loosely based on the 1 Series and the X3 is loosely based on the 3 Series. I'm not saying that it works that way, but the X1 isn't in the same league as the 3 Series/X3.

If at all BMW launches the 1 Series in India (that would be highly unlikely), it would fall under the same price bracket that the X1 falls under, if not cheaper. Much like how the 3 Series and X3 are priced.

The X1 is based on the E91 3 series platform not the 1 series which is bits and peices of the Mini Cooper and 3er (E80? series).

Also, while the Original X3 was based on the E46 (old 3 series), the current 2011 X3 is as big as the Original X5 and you can expect the 2013 X5 to be significantly bigger than its current avatar. What I'm trying to get at is that while your concept of 1 = X1 may have been true a few years back, it is no longer the case.

The X1 and 3 series are going to be the same price or very very close.
Old 7th September 2010, 18:16   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The X1 is based on the E91 3 series platform not the 1 series which is bits and peices of the Mini Cooper and 3er (E80? series).

Also, while the Original X3 was based on the E46 (old 3 series), the current 2011 X3 is as big as the Original X5 and you can expect the 2013 X5 to be significantly bigger than its current avatar. What I'm trying to get at is that while your concept of 1 = X1 may have been true a few years back, it is no longer the case.

Whoops! You got me there!

The X1 is indeed based on the 3er. The 3 Series AWD Touring to be precise! And yes, it would've made more sense a few years earlier, but not now! But since the X1 is based on the older E46, shouldn't it be logically cheaper than the current 3 Series, if I'm not wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
@Suhaas Whoa never really thought on these lines.X1 & 1 series,X3 & 3 series,X5 & 5 series,X6 & 6 series
Just kidding.
Ah I got it wrong anyway!
Old 7th September 2010, 19:19   #39
Team-BHP Support

I know this has been posted in the other X1 thread but may as well post it here for everyone's benefit.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle7105825.ece
Old 8th September 2010, 10:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself! BMW seems to be going after Audi with their X line of vehicles with Mercedes lagging behind. The new x5 is expected to be on the lines of the q7 and you rightly said that the new x3 is similar in dimensions to the Old x5. That leaves us space for 1 final model that fills in the gap for the q3 competitor....welcome BMW X1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Whoops! You got me there!

The X1 is indeed based on the 3er. The 3 Series AWD Touring to be precise! And yes, it would've made more sense a few years earlier, but not now! But since the X1 is based on the older E46, shouldn't it be logically cheaper than the current 3 Series, if I'm not wrong?

Ah I got it wrong anyway!
Nope, read Speeding@160mph's post again...the X1 is NOT based on the E46. The x1 follows bmw's new design language [read larger grille..more in-your-face kind of design] and is pinned on the E9x platform, specifically the 'touring (E91)' model

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I know this has been posted in the other X1 thread but may as well post it here for everyone's benefit.

Jeremy Clarkson BMW X1 sDrive20d SE review | Driving - Times Online
Bah i love top gear and havent missed a single show in the last 5+ years...Clarksons views are as always to be taken with a big pinch of salt. Its rare to find a car that he hasn't completely rubbished in some way or the other in his review[anyone else remember how he completely tore up the x6?] .

Top Gear officially rated it better than the q5
( BMW X1 expert car review verdict - BBC Top Gear )

A Must read review
FiveFWD - BMW X1 review and road test from Fifth Gear

Note from Support: There is zero tolerance for alcohol related content on team-bhp. Kindly refer to the rules. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 8th September 2010 at 11:04. Reason: Note inline
Old 8th September 2010, 19:07   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post

Nope, read Speeding@160mph's post again...the X1 is NOT based on the E46. The x1 follows bmw's new design language [read larger grille..more in-your-face kind of design] and is pinned on the E9x platform, specifically the 'touring (E91)' model

Oh right! My bad, hadn't read the post clearly enough. Yes the X1 is based on the E91 E Series AWD Touring. So I suppose the X1 should be priced close to the current 3 Series.
Old 9th September 2010, 13:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I don't really understand Auto Mag predictions and ex - showroom pricings are not the best indicator of what the actual damage to pocket will be. To me the only relevant number is "on road" price.

My sense is that the X1 (highline) on road Mumbai will be in the region of Rs. 35 lakhs. That's almost 4-5 lakh more than the CRV A/T (not comparing them but since the pricing was compared earlier in this thread).

I seriously doubt they will launch a cheaper Corp Edn sort of variant at least at this juncture. Perhaps much later but certainly not at launch.

CRV A/T costs 30Lakhs??? Would anyone really go for it?
Old 9th September 2010, 14:18   #43
NFS
BHPian

The cost mentioned is between 25 to 35 lakhs. 34.99lakhs could be the entry model and the top end sells for 49lakhs.

BHPians, this may be another advertisement technique. Atleast 100 people who are ready to order other SUVs will wait for this launch.

Or else why has Skoda not announced the price of YETI till now? Big guys, they have big ideas in marketing.

NFS
Old 9th September 2010, 18:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

Killer Price

I spoke to someone very senior at BMW and he mentioned that the car will be priced below 25 Lakhs !! Im not too sure which model he was talking about though. I asked him whether the car would feature an idrive and he smiled. Theres only 1 X1 in the country at the moment and thats displayed at Bird Automotive in Gurgaon (the new showroom).
Old 9th September 2010, 19:41   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I spoke to someone very senior at BMW and he mentioned that the car will be priced below 25 Lakhs !! Im not too sure which model he was talking about though. I asked him whether the car would feature an idrive and he smiled. Theres only 1 X1 in the country at the moment and thats displayed at Bird Automotive in Gurgaon (the new showroom).
Are they moving the car to showrooms across india or is it a permanent fixture there?

If anyone reading this is in Gurgaon, I would be eternally grateful if you could sit in the rear and report on the leg-space in the back seats. The 3 series[saloon] had horrible space in the rear seats which is why i stayed away, if the suv format of the x1 fixes that to even a limited extent, bmw has another customer for the x1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks