Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 14:55   #31
BHPian

Re: January 2011 - Indian Car Sales Figures

Hey GTO; great post as usual. HM guys here in Mumbai just sold an EVO. And one of those Cedias I believe is mine.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

It seems all the manufacturers have reported a robust growth. This could be due to large dispatches to the dealers, as the first month of a new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Howcome only 174 units of venture have been sold? dealer dispatches? I thought TATA has 800 plus showrooms?
But it was launched only in Rajasthan, initially.
So, Tata includes Venture sales in passenger category. Will be good to see the effect it will have on Omni/Eeco sales, once launched nationally, in the coming months.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia
Beat is ahead of the spark this month.
impressive number for all maruti cars including the A star at +4k
Yeah, these were 2 things I also noticed in Jan figures - Beat finally 'beat'ing Spark and A-Star overcoming Estilo. Is the AT version of A-Star helping sales ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj
Looks don't mean everything when practicality is what the general consumer is going for.
True. Infact many out there don't even think the Dzire is ugly, like we do here. My Dad is a big fan and he rues the fact that the Dzire was not around when he bought the Swift. And I know many others who find it good-looking. Add practicality to the equation and you have a winner - the stick-on boot be damned.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Manufacturer stats received thus far. I will keep updating the opening post as the rest of the numbers come in.

============
Very Interesting statistics! I10 has sold extremely well. SX4 is also not doing bad; perhaps because of the low cost as compared to city etc as well as more features. Nano is picking up because of very aggressive marketing!
I am very keen to see how many automatic transmissions sold in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
@ karanraheja

I think Altis Still rules the c segment @ 1139 compared to cruze @ 715

Segment leader is judged by overall sales and not breakup gradewise
In our country, these figures are minute. I would state that Altis and Cruze are not selling at all. These two cars are the considered to be base level cars in western countries! Our pricing policies have labeled these as premium cars. Bring the price down and then look at the numbers in which these two wonderful cars will sell!

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st February 2011 at 18:25. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use Multi-Quote option when Quoting more than a post at a time. Thanks
Old 1st February 2011, 15:18   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update*

Fiat added to the opening post

Quote:
Fiat

Linea : 947
G Punto : 1203
Palio : 24
Old 1st February 2011, 15:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Honda City sales figures touching 5K mark once again, high petrol prices are not bothering ANHC buyers. No one bought Ford ikon in January , though decent sales of Figo.

Thanks GTO for sharing.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update*

Fiat

Fiat added to the opening post

Interesting to see GP outselling Inea- seems like the T-jet has failed to entice buyers. However, have seem a fair number of t-jets in Mumbai in the last one month.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:31   #38
BHPian

Some random thoughts going thru figures....
VW started to crack B & C. I guess sales will be even more, if not for production issues.
Polo : 3,023
Vento : 2,308
Not sure how A.S.S will be, with growing numbers of Polo/Vento.

Good to see Accent still going good... Nice practical car.
Accent : 1,317

New Crossovers with no-nonsense numbers:
Yeti : 344
Aria : 321
Old 1st February 2011, 15:43   #39
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Dec sales were somewhat affected by year end syndrome of customers staying away. FIAT certainly affected in dec
Nice to see ANHC top of the list, clearly the customer finds a value in the offering, a lot of folks who predicted doom etc in the Vento TD thread, they must learn a lesson, that customer behavior is not as easy to predict
It will take some huge shakeout to move the ANHC from its position at the top.
Polo makes its mark and clearly Figo, Polo and i20 are the top choices and offerings in the hatch segment and stay firm at the top
Will be nice to see the mid size sedan segments once Etios is readily available
Old 1st February 2011, 15:51   #40
J.Ravi

Fiat Linea is back to the original numbers including 1.4 T-Jet. But, the frequent rising petrol cost has become a dampener for T-Jet. Perhaps, Linea 1.6 MJD is the need of the hour.

Old 1st February 2011, 15:57   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Fiat

Good to see FIAT back to normal territory . Considering the historical baggage / limited advertisement / Perception of TATA A.S.S and with just Linea and punto in their kitty as offer to Indian customer , these sales figures are decent . I just hope that FIAT Rolls out a car below 5 lakhs pretty fast

Just a small query - from Where are these palios getting sold . I heard FIAT has stopped production of palio around 6 months back . are these were lying in dealer yards?

Quote:
M800 : 1876
Omni : 8059
Alto : 33118
Estilo : 3652
WagonR : 14186
Dzire : 9771
SX4 : 2159
Eeco : 5886
Swift : 11353
A-Star : 4124
Ritz : 6046
Gypsy : 191
G Vitara : 1
Looks like MSIL is running plants to full capacity for Alto . Any ideas how much it adds to their profits In balance sheets considering that this is their bread and butter model .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 1st February 2011 at 16:02.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
It's sad to see a nice cars like the Aveo,U-VA, Optra, Jazz, the ever practical logan selling in small numbers while the far outdated Amby sells in 3 digit figures. The Chevys which have a lot of potential badly need their prices to be cut down, and refreshed a bit. I don't see why people prefer the Indigo over the Logan which is a better package IMO. Surprising to see the SX4 selling more than the Verna and the Verna in turn selling more than the Fiesta (considering I see very few new-gen SX4s and Vernas), the Beetle selling 20 units, and Fiat selling a total of just around 2000 cars :o !
Very True indeed. Its really sad to see some well made cars being outsold by dated ones. As far as the Fiesta goes, guess it has something to do with the new gen round the corner. But that holds good for Verna as well
Old 1st February 2011, 16:13   #43
BHPian

Interesting to note that Laura still outsells the civic, despite the strong numbers coming in January for the later.

Also GTO, you're take on January Car sales figures (bullet points) are missing this time around. It used to be a fantastic read with an interesting perspective.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:13   #44
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the numbers

Looks like its pretty good time for Ford to discontinue Ikon, re-position the current Fiesta and get the new Fiesta to our shores.

Good to see Yeti doing pretty good nos. comparing to other softroaders. And Laura doing pretty good in its segment.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the data GTO. The 1st of every month sees all of us waiting impatiently for these numbers to be uploaded.

Hyundai i10 and Ford Figo have done excellent numbers and are back with a bang. It was worrying to see these deserving models doing less-than-usual numbers for December. Hyundai i20 seems to have come down from its usual numbers.

There is no stopping the Maruti juggernaut - the Alto, Swift, Dzire and even Ritz doing stunning numbers.

The Global Recalls not withstanding, Toyota is at its peak form in India right now. Everything from Corolla, Innova to Fortuner are leading their segments. The Etios will take them even further.

Finally, its heartening to see the rise of the Nano again. Its proving all the doomsayers false. Its a mythbusting product and will become the pride of Indian Engineering very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Very True indeed. Its really sad to see some well made cars being outsold by dated ones. As far as the Fiesta goes, guess it has something to do with the new gen round the corner. But that holds good for Verna as well
Verna was and still is doing good numbers because of one reason - the gem under its hood called CRDi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks