Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 16:29   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
...I have looked at the manual and most of them has to be replaced as mentioned by the SA. But my only concern is does it cost so much for all these including labour...
My guesstimate is that it should NOT cost anything more than a Rs. 4000/- for a 30K kms service.

At this rate, this is more than some 10L cars' service cost! You could also try and call up another service centre and ask them the cost of a normal 30K service. To be very honest, I do NOT find a reason why you should allow them to fleece you this time.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 16:58   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Have given my Santro Xing for Service at Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road, Bangalore which has run 31,683 Kms on ODO. I have been quoted a service bill amount of ~13,500/-. I was informed that after 30K Kms full service has to be carried out and the below changes will be done:

1. Engine Oil Change
2. Gear Oil Change
3. Coolant Change
4. Spark plug changes
5. Interior cleaning(foam)
6. Air Filter change
7. Fuel filter change
8. All plugs/filters/oils
This is crazy!
And the worst bit is , apart from 5 above, I don't see anything extra.
Ask them for a complete breakdown, and also send this to Hyundai's Fb page. This makes owning even a Santro untenable.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 17:07   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My guesstimate is that it should NOT cost anything more than a Rs. 4000/- for a 30K kms service.

At this rate, this is more than some 10L cars' service cost! You could also try and call up another service centre and ask them the cost of a normal 30K service. To be very honest, I do NOT find a reason why you should allow them to fleece you this time.
Ya I agree with you and that is the only concern I have. As suggested, let me check with another Hyundai service center right away and see what they are charging.

Also I have decided to check in detail when I am there to collect my car. Or talk to the service manager if really required.
Old 13th February 2014, 17:33   #379
Senior - BHPian

Just checked with one of my friend about the service charges in other hyundai service station. The prices are almost the same for 30K service at both Advaith and Trident. I am a bit relaxed now, but still I regret for not taking my car to Advaith as the guy could have provided with some discounts.

Will update once I pick my car from service on the cost.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 17:48   #380
BHPian

Off late, Hyundai A.S.S has become total rip-off. This was one of the reason why I sold my Accent couple of years back.
Sad that most Indians don't care about ethics. No wonder why Maruti is the undisputable leader.
Old 13th February 2014, 19:14   #381
BHPian

Guys, I need to coordinate to get my Santro in my Bangalore home repaired for a petrol smell emanating inside the car. Advaith has always been pathetic, any pointers for some local garages in and around Jayanagar ?
Old 13th February 2014, 21:08   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Have given my Santro Xing for Service at Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road, Bangalore which has run 31,683 Kms on ODO. I have been quoted a service bill amount of ~13,500/-. I was informed that after 30K Kms full service has to be carried out and the below changes will be done:

1. Engine Oil Change
2. Gear Oil Change
3. Coolant Change
4. Spark plug changes
5. Interior cleaning(foam)
6. Air Filter change
7. Fuel filter change
8. All plugs/filters/oils

Also it was informed during the day that clutch shutterring is there and plates has to be changed at a cost of 3800/- + 1500/-(labor) which I denied.

Guys, need your help to understand if this is the case with Santro owners to do a full service at 30K Kms and is there a possibility the clutch plates will be worn out at this point?

Quick response or help would be appreciated

Blue Hyundai service is pathetic. Stay away next time

Secondly, check the user manual for the services to be carried out at 30K kms. That will put your doubts at rest. 30K kms is usually bit costly for Hyundai. Except for interior cleaning all others are required.

Filters are Air filter, Oil filter, fuel filter
Oils are Gear oil and Engine oil
Old 13th February 2014, 21:34   #383
Team-BHP Support

Please go through this link before you decide for a clutch overhaul..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-overhaul.html
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 21:51   #384
Senior - BHPian

Got my car from service and the total bill to be paid was 14,121/-.

Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-wp_20140213_21_38_29_pro.jpg

Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!-wp_20140213_21_38_53_pro.jpg

Brake Booster was replaced and interior cleaning costed me more
Also I am unhappy with the time taken for the service, mine was first car given to the service station at 9AM and unfortunately was the last car going out of the service station at around 8PM. And the regular paid service has drastically gone up by 400Rs.

But I am happy that 3M Engine Lacquering and final polishing was done in front of my eyes and my car was neat while coming out
Old 13th February 2014, 23:25   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got my car from service and the total bill to be paid was 14,121/-.
--------snip-------

But I am happy that 3M Engine Lacquering and final polishing was done in front of my eyes and my car was neat while coming out
Oh come on!
There's so much that has been done that's not part of regular service.
Are you sure you weren't told about all the additional things in this compared to your original list?
Old 13th February 2014, 23:34   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Oh come on!
There's so much that has been done that's not part of regular service.
Are you sure you weren't told about all the additional things in this compared to your original list?
Can you help me with what are those additional things done?

I feel the additional things done were changing the brake booster and 3M interior cleaning and engine lacquering.
Old 13th February 2014, 23:45   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

1,3,6,7 definitely.
Then throttle body cleaning.
The germ clean, I'm presuming you asked for, since interior cleaning was mentioned.
Brake booster is not a service part, and presumably had something wrong with it, hence replaced.
How much does that come to?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 10:30   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
1,3,6,7 definitely.
Then throttle body cleaning.
The germ clean, I'm presuming you asked for, since interior cleaning was mentioned.
Brake booster is not a service part, and presumably had something wrong with it, hence replaced.
How much does that come to?
The total bill amount paid was 14,121/-. Brake booster was something which was damaged and to be replaced. And germ cleaning was the one which I opted.

So if I have to remove that from the total bill the service cost would come up to:

Total Bill Amount - 14121/-
Germ Cleaning and brake booster replacement - 4260/-
Actual 30K Km Service Cost - 9861/-

Seeing this breakup I am still wondering why Germ cleaning was included as part of the service initial when the quote was given.
Old 14th February 2014, 11:00   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The total bill amount paid was 14,121/-. Brake booster was something which was ------snip-------up I am still wondering why Germ cleaning was included as part of the service initial when the quote was given.
1,3,6 and 7, and throttle body cleaning, are also not part of regular service. You may have gotten away with even lesser, I believe.
Old 14th February 2014, 17:40   #390
BHPian

Quote:
The total bill amount paid was 14,121/-. Brake booster was something which was damaged and to be replaced. And germ cleaning was the one which I opted.

So if I have to remove that from the total bill the service cost would come up to:

Total Bill Amount - 14121/-
Germ Cleaning and brake booster replacement - 4260/-
Actual 30K Km Service Cost - 9861/-

Seeing this breakup I am still wondering why Germ cleaning was included as part of the service initial when the quote was given.
Seeing your bill, the parts/labour costs are similar to that of my i10 1.1 iRDE. I did the 30k last year for 4827. I asked them to do only what is mentioned in the manual.

Another fact about the HASS is that they religiously follow the 6 month service gap and ignore the kms done. My 30k service was done at actual 20k. If you look at the service schedule, 30k, 50k, 70k... tend to cost more because of more replacement parts. The 20k, 40k, .. ones are leaner and they tries to push for interior cleaning, a/c cleaning, additives, so on to make up for it.

BTW, in your bill, the Mileage is entered as 128676 . You better get it corrected in the HASS database!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks