Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 12:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

While browsing, I came across this news in Motorbeam.com

Quote:

Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!-fiesta_classic_spied1.jpg

Ford India will launch the new Fiesta and the current Fiesta would take the position of the now discontinued Ikon. The current Fiesta will be known as the Fiesta Classic, which is nothing but essentially a stripped down version of the Fiesta. The Fiesta Classic was spotted undergoing tests in Chennai, where Ford has its manufacturing plant. Sporting red plates and the Fiesta Classic badge, this cheaper Fiesta version would be available in EXi trim with black door handles, number plate garnish and mirrors. Ford would launch the Fiesta Classic at a price of Rs. 5-6 lakhs positioning it in between the Figo and the new Fiesta.

Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!-ford_fiesta_classic_india1.jpg
Source: Motorbeam
Old 1st March 2011, 12:44   #2
BANNED

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted

Why are they testing a vehicle that has just cosmetic changes and some possible minor changes in the interior? Anyways, the stripped down version, the fiesta 'classic' doesn't look appealing.
But if it is priced between 5-6 lacs like specified, it may be good as it will be 1.5 lacs cheaper than the base model of the current fiesta.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:46   #3
BHPian

This is great news Is there any information on the kind of cost cutting done to reduce the cost of the car?
I just hope they provide safety features as an option at least unlike the ikon.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

With Ford's new pricing, used Fiesta deals are going to be delicious!!..

Even more reason for me to look for a used Fiesta 1.6 harder than ever.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:57   #5
BHPian

This was the same treatment meted out to the Ikon, which came out with as the Ikon Flair.

This move will erode the value of the Fiesta in the used car segment.
Old 1st March 2011, 13:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
"This move will erode the value of the Fiesta in the used car segment"
Even otherwise when did a Ford car (ever) commanded a respect in resale market. I have a Fiesta and I bought it knowing well that I am not going to get a good resale price. My plan is to keep it with me atleast for 8 years ( in its current form, it will hold good for more than 8 years!). by then, new Fiestas Limited editions will be out

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd March 2011 at 17:18.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:14   #7
dot
Senior - BHPian

When this development comes to pass, both used prices and new prices of Fiesta will be such a VFM deal. Wonder if Fiesta Classic will retain 1.6L engine. I hope so!
Old 1st March 2011, 14:18   #8
BANNED

Hey everybody, I have some good news and some bad news:

Good news : Fiesta Classic is a reality as you already know, Not a lot of stripping would be done, It will be pretty much the same car with the same stuff that we see on the roads.

Bad news: Prices of Fiesta Classic would drop my much. You can expect a drop of about 20-30K and that's about it.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:32   #9
BHPian

Hey Mustang,

Any info on Tdci on Classic model ? When will the classic hit the market ?

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

Good news : Fiesta Classic is a reality as you already know, Not a lot of stripping would be done, It will be pretty much the same car with the same stuff that we see on the roads.

Bad news: Prices of Fiesta Classic would drop my much. You can expect a drop of about 20-30K and that's about it.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:

A reduction of 20-30k will not help when they are looking at this car replacing Ikon. Are you sure about the info? Coz this way, they will be having two cars priced very close to each other and buyers will obviously go for the newer model/ look car!
Old 1st March 2011, 14:43   #11
BANNED

The TDCi will be the same 1.4 engine. It will hit the markets very soon. We are working on it, now that the bidget is here. It will be launched pretty soon but if you wan't the Sxi features, then get one now as the Sxi extras will most likely be discontinued.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats good news.
And IIRC, there was a 70k offer on current Fiesta's ; would that be included, making it 1lac cheaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hey Mustang,
Any info on Tdci on Classic model ? When will the classic hit the market ?
Cheers,
Rajesh
Guess by mid 2011, new one will be launched and hence maybe we can expect the Classic to be out bu then of before that ?
Old 1st March 2011, 14:59   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats good news.
And IIRC, there was a 70k offer on current Fiesta's ; would that be included, making it 1lac cheaper?
Yea i guess the free insurance and the other stuff will be a part of the deal. So yea benefits of about a lac.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats not just bad news thats the worst news one could get, Ford is out of its mind to be thinking people would buy a model technically out of its ages (it was already out of Euro market when it was launched here). Just by reducing the price to 30K.
Might as well have made a mercy killing of the good product than doing something as idiotic as this. When the product is already being despised even after giving 70K discount, dont think 20K will help the cause.
Sorry but I am really pissed off with this.
I really hope the news was not confirmed. Ford having made such a good pricing decision on Figo is on its way to make the Fusion blunder again.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:49   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Wonder if Fiesta Classic will retain 1.6L engine. I hope so!
If there is a petrol version for the Fiesta classic, they will surely retain this engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks