Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 10:22   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Mustang:
Have few question on the booking for this car...
1. HAs the booking started for Fiesta Classic.
2. What would happen for people who booked Fiesta (old one) before a week or so.. wouldnt they end up loosing around a lakh..
3. For those who havent received the delivery yet, are they allowing them to modify the booking to receive a Fiesta Classic.

Just interested to know how Ford is handling this paradox..

Of course, the most affected will be the people who got the car delivered last week. But anyway cant help it, my friend received the old platform WagonR just a week before the new one was launched. He was pissed off, I understand the situation is not the same. But it happens everytime.

Last edited by xingamazon : 9th April 2011 at 10:24.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:28   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Mustang:
Have few question on the booking for this car...
1. HAs the booking started for Fiesta Classic.
2. What would happen for people who booked Fiesta (old one) before a week or so.. wouldnt they end up loosing around a lakh..
3. For those who havent received the delivery yet, are they allowing them to modify the booking to receive a Fiesta Classic.

Just interested to know how Ford is handling this paradox..

Of course, the most affected will be the people who got the car delivered last week. But anyway cant help it, my friend received the old platform WagonR just a week before the new one was launched. He was pissed off, I understand the situation is not the same. But it happens everytime.
1. Yes

2. Cancel the booking and make a new booking for the fiesta classic, Your dealer would help you to just transfer the booking from fiesta to fiesta classic name.

3. Yes, Procedure same as step 2

I know that people would be at a loss who booked the exi or zxi trim and got their vehicles delivered. But then again these are un-natural events and one should do a little more research on the internet before taking delivery of their car. I hear that team-bhp.com is good .
Old 9th April 2011, 13:05   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

I don't think they would bother much as the outgoing Fiesta was already showered with discounts amounting to almost a lakh.
Besides, the Classic is slightly stripped down. Those who'd booked a ZXi would be a happy lot.
Old 9th April 2011, 23:50   #154
BHPian

Well it seems to me that the classic is a lot of hype and nothing else.

With the discounts the price on the older fiesta(all versions) were lesser than what we have with the Fiesta classic. Somebody who got the fiesta recently(last 3-6 months) can confirm this. I am pretty sure that their ex showroom would be lesser than the fiesta classic's after the discounts.

In kerala, the LE fiesta(the exi trim with music system and some other goodies thrown in) was around 7.5 lakhs on road when my cousin had checked.He went for the vento though. The clxi seems to be priced higher than that actually..

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 9th April 2011 at 23:53.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:33   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

just one thing.
now that the prices have come down, with the classic, do service and labor come down by a similar percentage?
Old 10th April 2011, 09:37   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
just one thing.
now that the prices have come down, with the classic, do service and labor come down by a similar percentage?
Servie costs are always coming down at ford, Check the cost of parts in today's date to the cost of parts from say 2 years back and you will feel the difference.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Servie costs are always coming down at ford, Check the cost of parts in today's date to the cost of parts from say 2 years back and you will feel the difference.
Is this due to indigenisation? This is a welcome trend, but I hope it is not at the cost of quality.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:51   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Is this due to indigenisation? This is a welcome trend, but I hope it is not at the cost of quality.
Yes mostly it is due to that only but also due to a number of other factors. It will not compromise quality.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:53   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

2 years ago, i didnt own a ford.
but had a friend who had some trouble with his ikon.

So i know the prices are coming down.and i do nkow quality is top-notch...
But since the classic is apparently aiming at people at who want a hatch, but think they could go for a 3-box by juuuust stretching their budget, will the labor etc come down to hatch levels?..thats the big killer(for me, atleast) for the fiesta.
i'm just asking...its good news for us guys.
Old 10th April 2011, 09:56   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

2 years ago, i didnt own a ford.
but had a friend who had some trouble with his ikon.

So i know the prices are coming down.and i do nkow quality is top-notch...
But since the classic is apparently aiming at people at who want a hatch, but think they could go for a 3-box by juuuust stretching their budget, will the labor etc come down to hatch levels?..thats the big killer(for me, atleast) for the fiesta.
i'm just asking...its good news for us guys.
Yes, labor prices will also come down (maybe they already have). So you can expect less labor bills on whatever work that is performed on your car.
Old 10th April 2011, 10:04   #161
BHPian

The cost will certainly be more than the Maruti's and TATA's; but so will be the quality of parts. Also with the child part concept from Ford, there is a huge reduction in prices.

One thing that I can guarantee is, the prices are far lesser than the Hyundai prices; at least as far as diesel cars are concerned. Also from what I see from the Punto service charges as well, I can say that Ford comes out cheaper.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:43   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Well it seems to me that the classic is a lot of hype and nothing else.

With the discounts the price on the older fiesta(all versions) were lesser than what we have with the Fiesta classic. Somebody who got the fiesta recently(last 3-6 months) can confirm this. I am pretty sure that their ex showroom would be lesser than the fiesta classic's after the discounts.

In kerala, the LE fiesta(the exi trim with music system and some other goodies thrown in) was around 7.5 lakhs on road when my cousin had checked.He went for the vento though. The clxi seems to be priced higher than that actually..
You are partly correct. The change is not in the top end. But one should compare the base version of the Fiesta classic to the older base version. Then you will notice the difference. The higher end is more or less what one used to get in the Premium pack, sans the chrome etc.

If you need a deal out of Fiesta classic it will only be for those planniing to buy the base version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well indigenisation is one smaller reason, the main reason according to me would be the fact that it has a hot selling hatch which share majority of the parts. Thus achieving huge economies of scale.
Old 10th April 2011, 21:39   #163
rmk
BHPian

I was planning to book an i20 asta (6.4L onroad, calicut) after my long long wait for the new swift. But most people who own an i20 started advicing me, that its better to go for an i10 or a swift. Dont know why.. The car has got nice looks, awesome interiors, top quality build and everything thats hard to find in a hatch (exceptions: polo, fabia). The only thing that was stopping me from booking was its 80ps power. Hyundai couldve planted a better engine in its heart. The car is heavy and it'd need a lil more power, 80ps... oops...

And now... the fiesta classic is here, and that too starting at 6L onroad. The base model is equiped with power windows, central locking, immobiliser and all basic things...altogether an awesome packge it is...

So now im seriously reconsidering my choice. Not sure whether the classic models have reached the showrooms yet, but thinking to call the dealer and ask him for a testdrive.. (I have driven the fiesta, so dont have any doubt about its ability)... But would love to take a look at its interiors, n see how badly theyve ruined the interior quality...

Also the CLXI model have a driver seat height adjust, car colour handles,mirrors n all... And still'd coast only around 6.6L Onroad... Now thats a wow....!
Old 10th April 2011, 22:22   #164
Senior - BHPian

Looking at things (15 inch/dash/seats/music system/etc/etc mentioned differently at different places) i have a gut feeling that the Lxi and Clxi trims would be the Figesta's while the Sxi would be the REAL Fiesta. Otherwise the price difference can never be explained.

We would know this only once the cars start hitting the showrooms.

Last edited by gemithomas : 10th April 2011 at 22:23.
Old 11th April 2011, 08:46   #165
BHPian

The price difference as I see it, is nothing but an eyewash. Reason being, they were giving huge discounts for EXi and ZXi before as well and the amounts were close to what they have priced it now. Expect no discounts for the classics initially.

Also they have taken off the ABS from CLXi, which the ZXi had and that can also amount to some cost savings for Ford. Will have to really wait and see if there is a drastic reduction in quality, which I hope, does not happen.

Fiesta Classic Limited Edition will be a good buy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks