Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 09:46   #166
e46
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
The price difference as I see it, is nothing but an eyewash. Reason being, they were giving huge discounts for EXi and ZXi before as well and the amounts were close to what they have priced it now. Expect no discounts for the classics initially.

Also they have taken off the ABS from CLXi, which the ZXi had and that can also amount to some cost savings for Ford. Will have to really wait and see if there is a drastic reduction in quality, which I hope, does not happen.

Fiesta Classic Limited Edition will be a good buy
Agree to Krish here. An ABS alone would have hiked the price by at lesat 25-30k which is what we have been offered in this trimmed down version. Another 30K reduction would have taken away quite a few customers eyeing the Dzire /Manza
Old 11th April 2011, 09:53   #167
BHPian

Anyone knows the onroad price for the Classic SXI in Kerala?

I got mine in Dec 10 for 8.82 lakhs on road, after 45k cash discount and few other benefits.

Want to see how much different the reduced price is now. Of course the Classic SXI is missing many goodies including leather seats and trim.
Old 11th April 2011, 10:52   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have been following up with dealers here. No one has the prices for SXi yet (they are still waiting for information from Ford). Not sure why it is taking so long.
As I had mentioned SXi (the original one) was around 8.1 lac after discounts (OTR Pune).
If the classic SXi is around the same, then it is not worth it!
Old 11th April 2011, 11:08   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have been following up with dealers here. No one has the prices for SXi yet (they are still waiting for information from Ford). Not sure why it is taking so long.
As I had mentioned SXi (the original one) was around 8.1 lac after discounts (OTR Pune).
If the classic SXi is around the same, then it is not worth it!
You know why the dealers have no info regarding this, this is because there seems to be a discrepancy b/w ford and the dealers regarding the SXi pricing, Just wait for the things to clarify and i think SXi price will reduce.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:17   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Looking at things (15 inch/dash/seats/music system/etc/etc mentioned differently at different places) i have a gut feeling that the Lxi and Clxi trims would be the Figesta's while the Sxi would be the REAL Fiesta. Otherwise the price difference can never be explained.

We would know this only once the cars start hitting the showrooms.
Gemi, I visited the Ford showroom yesterday (for Figo) only and fortunately the Classic was there so just gave it one look. I can confirm your gut feeling that, CLXi has ditto Figo look and feel dashboard as well as music system, thank god it doesn't come with that red Coral color of Figo's!
Old 11th April 2011, 11:21   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You know why the dealers have no info regarding this, this is because there seems to be a discrepancy b/w ford and the dealers regarding the SXi pricing, Just wait for the things to clarify and i think SXi price will reduce.
Chennai Ford dealer says they have 120 Fiesta NON CLASSIC SXIs with them. Perhaps they are trying to push the old SXIs first?
Old 11th April 2011, 11:27   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Chennai Ford dealer says they have 120 Fiesta NON CLASSIC SXIs with them. Perhaps they are trying to push the old SXIs first?
It could be the case, so if anybody wan't a non classic fiesta SXi, then they should rush now and get discounts also.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:54   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It could be the case, so if anybody wan't a non classic fiesta SXi, then they should rush now and get discounts also.
But to be a devils advocate to that statement, Classic or not there is not going to be any change in the resale value of the Sxi version.
By all probability one will get the same resale value. So not much difference between rushing now and later on.

But agree, one can expect huge bargaining tactics in this case. Pity those dealers who have unsold stocks. Not sure how Ford will do good for thier losses.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:59   #174
BHPian

The SXi price seems to have not reduced. But neither have the features and specs. SXi remains the only model which offers beige interiors and leather seats & steering wrap.
Old 11th April 2011, 12:09   #175
BHPian

Not only old SXi-s, I even seen the LIMITED edition Fiesta on display on my yesterday's showroom visit. So chances are that, one can get this limited edition at discounted prices.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen the car in Person? I am quite interested to see how the car would look in Colorado Red. Can someone click some pictures?
Old 15th April 2011, 15:37   #177
Senior - BHPian

The classic SXi petrol is around 8.56 lacs on road in Pune. This is the same as the old price.
My assumption is the discounts on this one should still be applicable (just as the older SXi discounts). Hence OTR should be around 8.1 lacs in Pune.

The new Fiesta (NFS) might be priced higher than 9 lacs in Pune (my assumptions).
Old 15th April 2011, 16:01   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The classic SXi petrol is around 8.56 lacs on road in Pune. This is the same as the old price.
My assumption is the discounts on this one should still be applicable (just as the older SXi discounts). Hence OTR should be around 8.1 lacs in Pune.

The new Fiesta (NFS) might be priced higher than 9 lacs in Pune (my assumptions).
wow, that is quite expensive. perhaps it may be better to get hold of the old Fiesta. Looks are definitely subjective; for some reason I do not like the new interiors in the classic version.
It does seem more likely that the new Fiesta may end up being more expensive than the Vento?
Old 15th April 2011, 18:04   #179
BHPian

Now since S model is discontinued, can SXi suspension be tuned liked S model at the Ford service centre ? Other things like 15" tyres, spoiler, sports pedals etc can be easily added.....
Old 18th April 2011, 12:05   #180
Senior - BHPian

I was actually contemplating on selling my 3 year old Dzire VDI and going in for the Fiesta classic LXI Diesel, But I figured that even though the car is a good one, it is very bad on resale value and the fact that this car is a 6 year old model in India could be a major setback in about 2-3 years. Secondly even this is now christened as the 'classic', people will percieve the new fiesta as the all new car and hence the current classic model will lose its appeal very quickly. I know a friend of mine who has Fiesta TDCI which has done about 50k and is about 4 years old and the current price being asked in the market is less than 4 lakhs! so 50% loss in value in about 4 years! Compare that to the re-sale value of my dzire which is now being asked by brokers for about 5.5lakhs! I have done about 40k and my car is 3 years old and I guess this is a very decent value. So I dropped the plan of buying the fiesta classic and decided to stick on to my dzire for another 2-3 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks