Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 00:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!

The base version is aggressively priced. But look at the top end. It costs a whooping 7.5L So what will be the price of the New Fiesta fully loaded? 8.5?.

The top end diesel is 8.5L already. The upcoming model should be at 9.5L. Thus costlier than the Vento by a considerable margin.

By the way why is there a price difference of 2L between the base and top end even when the features are almost similar to other cars?
Old 8th April 2011, 07:27   #122
BANNED

To Clarify some things

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am confused. The brochure and website say different things.

The Ford India website says the Fiesta Classic 1.4 Duratorq CLXi has ABS & EBD, but the 1.6 Duratec Petrol CLXi has not. Can someone confirm this?
CLXi variant (ie. both petrol and diesel) will not be having ABS. ABS and airbags only on Sxi. Mistakes are there in the new website. There was also a page where it mentioned clxi(both) get ABS, However this is wrong and CLXi will not get ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Also there seems to be confusion about tyres. In specs all have 14" wheels whereas in styling sections it mentions 15" wheels.
The size for wheels is 14" on all variants. There is a slight mistake on the website where in one picture they have mentioned 15" wheels.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 8th April 2011 at 07:29.
Old 8th April 2011, 08:15   #123
BHPian

Saw the ad in the newspaper just now. It says a WHOPPPING 30 kmpl !!!!!!!!!!!!! How on earth is that possible with the same tdci ?
Old 8th April 2011, 08:26   #124
BHPian

Ford is known to make tall claims mistakes and poor quality. You can consider the 30 kmpl as a big fart. I do like my car but in terms of finish fitness and quality it would take ages for Ford to play catch up with Honda or Hyundai. Will I buy another Ford the answer is definitely 'NO'
Old 8th April 2011, 08:37   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Saw the ad in the newspaper just now. It says a WHOPPPING 30 kmpl !!!!!!!!!!!!! How on earth is that possible with the same tdci ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Ford is known to make tall claims mistakes and poor quality. You can consider the 30 kmpl as a big fart. I do like my car but in terms of finish fitness and quality it would take ages for Ford to play catch up with Honda or Hyundai. Will I buy another Ford the answer is definitely 'NO'
I feel the fit and finish of the Figo is as good (if not better than) as my i10's. And Fords are anyday more solid than tinny Hyundais and Suzukis.
The FE claims are NOT false. But are not easy to achieve either.
It is not Ford but Autocar, that achieved 30+ kmpl on the TDCi and 20+ Kmpl on the Petrol at a constant speed of 60 km/h on Indian highways w/o AC.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 8th April 2011 at 08:38.
Old 8th April 2011, 09:11   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I feel the fit and finish of the Figo is as good (if not better than) as my i10's. And Fords are anyday more solid than tinny Hyundais and Suzukis.
Have gone thru numerous Figo threads and the most common problem with Figo is the rattling. I have not seen many folks complaining about the rattling in i10s

As for mileage the best that you can expect from a Fiesta petrol is 11 that too if you take care of it like a new born baby.

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th April 2011 at 09:45. Reason: quote tags fixed.
Old 8th April 2011, 09:25   #127
Team-BHP Support

Some of the pics show that they have changed the dashboard to the one from the Figo whereas some of them show the same as earlier. Wonder where else they cut down costs.
Old 8th April 2011, 09:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I have achieved 16.5kmpl with AC in SXI during highway drive which included constant speed of 80+ speed. I have achieved the same twice in long drives (450 km one way). This with broader tyres, this figures will be more if it is with MRF. So I am not surprised if some one achieves 20 without AC. Fiesta petrol has amazing mileage difference if it has run constantly on 5th gear! But in city, I never achieved more than 10km, with and without AC. I also found that within city it doesn't matter if I use AC or not, mileage same due to constant gear change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Also there seems to be confusion about tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The brochure and website say different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Mistakes are there in the new website. .
There are many mistake in new website, done in hurry I guess. Section specification data, it look like only name change has happened (from ZXI to CLXI).
I am also doubt that SXI comes with leather as it is claimed here. The brochure said its fabric. The image section still shows SXI beige leather seats where as many of the specification section, states its two tone interiors, ebony and camel. Not sure which one is correct. If it is leather I assume SXI is still is beige interior.

CLXI has 4 speakers (brochure states 4) as against 6 mentioned here (ZXI also had 4), unless there is a change.

@Mustang: I see 2DIN player is different from current one. So what are major changes? Is it same as in Figo (look similar)? Is it bluetooth compatible? Is it possible to ad USB cable like in FIGO? Is the FM radio is RDS compatible?
Old 8th April 2011, 10:01   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ for the leather,
"accessories shown may not be part of standard equipment", perhaps?
Old 8th April 2011, 10:21   #130
Senior - BHPian

I had just checked the OTR Bangalore prices with a dealer. The Diesel LXI costs about 7.97 lakhs and the CLXI costs about 8.45 lakhs. I think the LXI is very competitve considering that the dzire and manza's mid variants are price about 7.5 lakhs. But I also think this move is a little too late by Ford and they will never be able to pull away the numbers from Dzire even by a fraction. The LXI is supposed to have just power steering, AC, all 4 doors power windows and Central locking. { No remote locking}. And I think there is no stereo as well. So not a big change. The earlier limited edition used to cost about 8.39 lakhs OTR bangalore and it had more features than this LXI.
Old 8th April 2011, 10:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I had just checked the OTR Bangalore prices with a dealer. The Diesel LXI costs about 7.97 lakhs and the CLXI costs about 8.45 lakhs. I think the LXI is very competitve considering that the dzire and manza's mid variants are price about 7.5 lakhs. But I also think this move is a little too late by Ford and they will never be able to pull away the numbers from Dzire even by a fraction. The LXI is supposed to have just power steering, AC, all 4 doors power windows and Central locking. { No remote locking}. And I think there is no stereo as well. So not a big change. The earlier limited edition used to cost about 8.39 lakhs OTR bangalore and it had more features than this LXI.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking too That LE model at 7.97 would be a real deal!

In any case, this is more than welcome! I am hoping there would be an encore from Hyundai for its current Verna. The new Verna (which will co-exist with the current one) shouldnt be too expensive! I am waiting for that very eagerly!!
Old 8th April 2011, 10:34   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
@Mustang: I see 2DIN player is different from current one. So what are major changes? Is it same as in Figo (look similar)? Is it bluetooth compatible? Is it possible to ad USB cable like in FIGO? Is the FM radio is RDS compatible?

Yes the 2-DIN player is now the same as the figo, It is RDS compatible, However I do not know whether it is bluetooth compatible or not, But i guess it should be.
Old 8th April 2011, 10:39   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think this one is about pulling numbers away from any other contender, at least primarily.
I feel that ford is trying to milk out every last bit of sales from the fiesta before introducing the next mk.
(And hoping for an "accent" in the course....)
Old 8th April 2011, 10:48   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes the 2-DIN player is now the same as the figo, It is RDS compatible, However I do not know whether it is bluetooth compatible or not, But i guess it should be.
If it is Figo, then it should have Bluetooth (or is it only Titanium version had Bluetooth?). Also it should be possible to add USB Cable! Good news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
^^ for the leather,
"accessories shown may not be part of standard equipment", perhaps?
Shown true, what about written! I assume that Interiors are changed, SXI now is only fabric not leather.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:11   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

@Raguholla: I think they're covered:

ran out of time editing the above post
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched!-untitled.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks