View Poll Results: Which day
1st week Aug 14 41.18%
2nd week Aug 9 26.47%
Last week Aug 17 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 18:43   #211
Senior - BHPian

just got home - had a BLAST! firstly - it was awesome meeting all the bangalore boys - secondly - it was lovely to be able to drive with no more than 5 cars on the track at any given point of time.

I think tifosikrishna was clicking away to glory - dude- please post the pictures.
Old 4th August 2007, 19:11   #212
Team-BHP Support

200 km to nowhere

We met up on time, Vikram/Mag, Memo, BRRaj and ananth at 5.30 am. We took off on the Hosur Road. Stopped at a Reliance A1 only to find that it was shut. We then carried onto the Krishnagiri toll.

Approaching the toll, I smelt petrol, Mahesh calls me saying my car is spewing petrol and smoke. Crossed the toll and open the bonnet. Petrol is spewing out of the fuel pimp regulator (FPR) outlet junction. Pipe looks rather stretched and ragged.. Before i know it, Vikram has rolled his sleeves up and digs in, memo appears and we get Psycho on the phone. Try looking for alternate pipes etc.

We end up reducing the fuel pressure and bending the FPR mouting to get some slack into the pipe. It works for low revs. Rather than slow the others down, I decide to hobble back and let the others carry on. I drive slowly and keep revs to 3000 rpm.

I keep in touch with Rudy, Mag and Psycho. The wife suggests that I should now try and attend the pn day at my daughters school. So I do that and then roll into Psycho's workshop to replace the pipe and tweak the car up.

Post mortem - looks like when the car went for a service, they removed the FPR when getting to the injectors and used a screwdriver to put the pipe on tearing it. Added to that, they lost a screw in the FPR mounting aggravating the problem.

Closing note - two things that made me see the bright side

1: My daughter's joy at seeing me walk into school

2: Mahesh's satisfied tomne when I rang to see how he had done

Last edited by ajmat : 4th August 2007 at 19:13.
Old 4th August 2007, 20:25   #213
BHPian

What a Day!!

Reached home, had a nice long bath and here i am, ready to upload some nice videos of ma baby (will send you guys the link once i'm done with it)..

Well this was my very first track day and "awesome" would be too less a word to describe how it feels. I had never pushed my car to these limits and now its like she is telling me "This was what i was made for.. What were you doing all these years?"

You get to learn hell a lot of things once you are in there, but best of all - you connect to your machine better...

I had a couple of bad experiences too today but its all part of the learning cycle. So any day you guys are going in for a track day, Count me in...
Old 4th August 2007, 20:58   #214
BHPian

i just got back this track day was amazing mcl clocked 2.22.93 seconds the fastest.i came back with brraj but all my stuff is with mcl.the 800 was amazingly driven and also was headers zen in the present condition was driven very well.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:07   #215
Senior - BHPian

here are some pics from my side

MCL trying to sneak ahead of memo's SX4.

Few pics of the cars going into the corner.
watch out for the spirited M-800 driven by manek & his brother. Wow!

And the best sounding car on track.

bottle burning some rubber

SB's Baleno

Last edited by esteem_lover : 4th August 2007 at 21:08.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:08   #216
Senior - BHPian

Ajit, my sympathies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
My daughter's joy at seeing me walk into school
But I'm sure the silver lining made it worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Petrol is spewing out of the fuel pimp regulator (FPR) outlet junction.
What brand of FPR is this? And where does it usually hang out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
i just got back this track day was amazing mcl clocked 2.22.93 seconds the fastest.
Well I'm told memo clocked 2.15 in mcl's car, so I'm guessing that was the fastest time of the day.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:10   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well I'm told memo clocked 2.15 in mcl's car, so I'm guessing that was the fastest time of the day.
well from what mcl told me that he ended the time early on the last lap.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:33   #218
Senior - BHPian

Whatever the time, mcl is always the fastest.

What about the others? Any timings from Raj, Vikram, Memo, Maggie?

Last edited by v1p3r : 4th August 2007 at 21:38.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:36   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever the time, mcl is always the fastes.
I guess that's what friends are for.
Old 4th August 2007, 22:04   #220
BHPian

nice pics
1 question where is SB's baleno headed in to the green! or did he realize late he had to turn left and not right with the handbrake

also need videos its a track event POST vids not images!
Images are fun but with videos i can actually see what happened so guys with videos please do upload them!

thanks a mill
cheers
Old 4th August 2007, 22:10   #221
BHPian

also the super bikes and a really awesome looking mondeo was there but never went on the track the bikes were nice to watch and at the end before we all left we got a lgb Hyundai perform.
Old 4th August 2007, 22:17   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What about the others? Any timings from Raj, Vikram, Memo, Maggie?
v1p3r- Vikram clocked somewhere in the 2:35ives before an LGB Hyundai appeared out of nowhere drawing the session to a close. I took it nice and easy. I would say around 2:40 rough estimate. Was terribly hampered by the rev limiter kicking in frequently . Raj decided to sit it out. Memo left back to BLR before we could compare times. We sauntered in by 830 pm.

All-in-all, a gem of a day - felt good to be alive. Lots of motoring, the track day, an isolated off-tarmac excursion, learning that nowhere from Krishnagiri along the route to the MMSC track is Ultra Milds either heard of nor available, meeting new faces and all-round camaradrie. Top it all by getting paid a large sum of money. If this isnt life beyond the Pearly Gates, tell me what is ?!

Ajmat - as I said, I'm sorry you werent able to make it, you would have had a ball of a time on the sparsely inhabited track. Anyway glad that FPR problem finally got laid to rest. Hope to see you rip the tarmac off Kari to compensate for today.

Vikram_D, thanks buddy, for everything. Couldnt have happened without you.

mclaren1230pm - Good organizing once again - good marshalling. A requirement: From next time you haul in all your electrons at the intended start time.

Last edited by theMAG : 4th August 2007 at 22:28.
Old 4th August 2007, 23:06   #223
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Guys sorry I was late. Got stuck up at the temple. Won't happen next time.

However, I am glad you all loved getting onto track save Ajmat.

Ajit, I really feel sorry for you. I know you would have had a ball. Kari track day is just around the corner. I am sure you will certainly make up for the loss.

I had some good fun too. But, was too afraid to push on the Neova's. Didn't want to destroy them . Fortunately they have come out with hardly any wear and tear. They are like I hadn't been on track at all.

Akshay, I had overinflated the tires a bit during my highway driving and didn't get a chance to reduce the pressure as I had just belted all the way from the Airport to the track. Memo clocked a 1:19 when he exited the penultimate corner. Since we went into the pits I am not quite sure what he might have clocked. However, once in the long loop section the car went off and he had dumped the clutch in gear to start it back (might have slowed him down or helped in braking as we were around the sharp right hander leading back into the main section). Seems to be some sort of a problem since the new cam. Car keeps going off once you come off the A pedal. Really frustrating to drive in city and got abused by more than 100 people in the last 2 weeks. So I expected the figures to be around the 1:15 to 1:18 mark taking into consideration that if we had finished the lap and the car hadn't gone off.

And the lap that Pawan timed was I guess a 2:22 where there was not a single squel from the Neova's. Was just making the 1k worth it as I didn't want to destroy the Neova's. I did some hot laps in the morning session which were much quicker. But I wish I had gotten the time to switch to the spare tires I had carried. Sigh.

But we (memo and myself) had a fun having a go at each other for a lap. It was a pity that he had to pull back into the pits. That car handles like a gem. All it needs is lower GC. And memo behind the wheel.

Mohnish, thanks for coming to the track inspite your busy schedule. Learnt a few tricks seeing you. Also, cant wait for you to come back from the US and head to the track in the future.

Hats off to all you guys who had a whale of a time on track. And to those like SupremeBaleno who just came to watch and landed up on track driving their cars.

Headers had a nice surprise for all of us. I am sure you will see the pics really soon.

Tifosi, you are BRAVE. This photomaniac was sitting on the kerbs before the bridge inches away from my car and snapping up pictures. I at times thought I might have brushed some part of his body. Though, I can't wait to get my hands on the pics he must have gathered up. Tifosi, I owe you one mate. Eagerly awaiting the snaps.

Last but not the least. Guys thank you all for coming. All of you. Whether you went on track or not. It was a pleasure meeting you all. Hope to see more of you on the drive we have planned for the morrow. See you all soon at Kari next month otherwise.
Old 5th August 2007, 00:09   #224
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
me ? i had a great time just watching. will be driving next time, that's for sure.
You better do John. Or il be dragging you onto track with me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp
You get to learn hell a lot of things once you are in there, but best of all - you connect to your machine better...
Totally agree with you. Which is why we keep advocating a couple of track days. They make us better drivers and understand our cars better.

Quote:
watch out for the spirited M-800 driven by manek & his brother. Wow!
I was very impressed by Shashank. Good going mate. You drove brilliantly. Hope to see more of you at future track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Whatever the time, mcl is always the fastest.
Stop making fun of me baba. You guys (memo, yourself, psycho, binz) are way quicker than I am. Specially now with all the added weight I have to lug around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
I guess that's what friends are for.
John, on a battlefield (drag/track/go karting centres) even the best of friends are enemies when the flag goes green (luckily these are only track days and not races). Except for this "pavam" your's truely who has never been able to take part in any official event .

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome
1 question where is SB's baleno headed in to the green! or did he realize late he had to turn left and not right with the handbrake
That corner is a tricky one. If you exit speeds from the previous chicane are too high it normally causes understeer at this turn. Something that SB must be experiencing.

Headers, hats off to your spirit. Loved the way you made your entry to the track day. Wah wah!
Old 5th August 2007, 01:25   #225
BHPian

Here are the pics.

Cars

Rahul's baleno - was apparently the fastest on the track

Memo_45...

vikram and THEmag

madan80

supremebaleno

???

manek's 800 - pick of the lot

Most Viewed