2nd week Aug 9 26.47%
Last week Aug 17 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 11:41   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Seems like everyone is talking of track day rumours, but I don't see much, so this is to get the ball rolling.

Chennai guys, is there a possibility of a track day soon?

BLR guys, what would you prefer, MMST or KMS?

McL, organise already!
mmst is a better track, anyday. it's a drivers track
the kms is a spectator's track
Old 26th July 2007, 13:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy
The rent for track will be about 1-2k for half a day.

I paid lesser for the two-day official track-day.
Check with MMSC about group rate which shud be equal to the club rate.
Old 26th July 2007, 13:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

I'm in Guys..For August 4th-5th weekend..The earlier the better!!
Old 26th July 2007, 13:35   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
nitrous thanks for tht insight - i am guessing the santro xing you've driven and the santro xing erlx (2006 model) tht i own is almost the same shape. The only non-stock things i got on it are catback exhaust and 185/60/13 yokos on alloys. If the car cg is not good enough for the track, then I guess I am going to have to drop out, I am guessing even a maruti 800 is more stable
anyways you guys have fun - maybe by next track day, my friend will buy his long awaited palio 1.6

CHeers n have fun,
jassi

mclaren - thanks for the sms but due to my non-race track car (i would want to think otherwise), I am going to skip
Jassi..You are wrong..the santro is a nice car..even on track..Track day doesnt mean competetion with fellow tbhpians..It is an opportunity for you to understand your car better..A santro too can do decent times..

So come along man..bring your baby / beast to the track!

With Nitrous, the CG will obviously change...
Old 26th July 2007, 13:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Rahul, i was surprised to see the GQ almost being completed.
Usually, the track is 30kms and a 1 hour drive from my place. But now, the time is shrinking, 45-50 minutes is enough.Once the GQ is completed till the Koyembedu Jn, 30-40 minutes should be good enough.
@Jassi: I've driven a stock Santro Xing on the track and im not very comfortable with the tall boy on the track.
Nitrous..which car are you comfortable with..a BMW 330i..or Tata SUMO..

or a much awaited SWIFT D??

sorry for OT::
Old 26th July 2007, 13:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
No, i've offered that a million times and they never do that because the track consumes a LOT of energy and at the end of the day no one feels like driving.
Trackday is a quick way to get into shape..[loose all the extra pounds earned working hard]

I would agree, we could have the track day on Sat and goto Mahabs or somewhere for Sunday..That would be an ideal action packed weekend..
Old 26th July 2007, 14:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Nitrous..which car are you comfortable with..a BMW 330i..or Tata SUMO..
I prefer a certain michelin-shod Accent CRDi with the regn.no. 6333.
PS: Lets not go Off-topic anymore.
Old 26th July 2007, 14:24   #98
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Nitrous I don't think WE (non MMSC members) qualify for the club rates. If you can get us the rates we would be grateful to you. From faint memory I remember we paid either 1k or 1.5k for a period of 4hrs or so per car. Also, the difference between the official track day and this is that there you get only 30min sessions while here you can have a go for as long as YOU and YOUR CAR are comfortable in the stipulated period.

Jassi, track day is not about having a thoroughbred race car. Its about honing your driving skills and learn to handle tough situations. As long as you are driving sane everything is fine. Yes, EVEN in a Santro. So kindly make it, its something that you should not miss.

Headers, got your confirmation.
Old 26th July 2007, 15:18   #99
BHPian

well here's my confirmation...me & my pH-fat palio1.2 for august 4th-5th weekend.
Old 26th July 2007, 17:09   #100
BHPian

headers/mclaren - but how do i take care of tires - if it is guaranteed that I am going to spoil a set of tires, then where do i get some cheap old ones from. And do i drive in old tires from bangalore (unsafe) or change the tires at the track (who will change the tires)

makes me wonder why i sold my stock tires, should have just kept em at home for track days
Old 26th July 2007, 17:23   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Jassi, any tire dealer should be able to source you used tires. You can get a decent set from JC Road for about 2-4k. This set can last for atleast 2-3 track days depending on the way you drive.

I have a set of 13's lying with me but they are stock baleno size. I don't think you can use them. If you can I will be glad to part with them.

All it is not necessary that you spoil your set of tires completely by going to track. It all depends on how hard you push your car into the corners. If you drive sanely you must be able to get away with decent wear.

Otherwise PM aditya or nitrous and see if they can get you some used slicks.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th July 2007 at 17:25.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

mcl - i have some questions for u...

what are slicks ? my understanding is those flat "no tread" tires used in F-1....do u get such tires for indian road going cars also ?

is it worthwhile to pay 4k for a set of slicks or a yokos already on my car will do ? is the wear and tear so huge to justify this additional investment?

what sizes of slicks would be available ? 15" ?

also what could be potentially other damages to the car from ur experience on track days ( of course im not referring to toppling in which case i fairly understand what could be the damage

apart from that could there be any damage to tie rod ends, steering rod, suspension ?

just wanted to know what could potentially be the damage for a few laps on track !!
Old 26th July 2007, 18:48   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

what are slicks ? my understanding is those flat "no tread" tires used in F-1....do u get such tires for indian road going cars also ?

is it worthwhile to pay 4k for a set of slicks or a yokos already on my car will do ? is the wear and tear so huge to justify this additional investment?

also what could be potentially other damages to the car from ur experience on track days ( of course im not referring to toppling in which case i fairly understand what could be the damage

apart from that could there be any damage to tie rod ends, steering rod, suspension ?

just wanted to know what could potentially be the damage for a few laps on track !!
Hey Narayan,

I was just about to let you know the details...It turns out you are following the thread after all!!
Old 26th July 2007, 19:11   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

slicks mentioned here are used tyres bought from your local tyre wallah. And yes, you get them in 15" too. LOL
Old 26th July 2007, 19:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
slicks mentioned here are used tyres bought from your local tyre wallah. And yes, you get them in 15" too. LOL

thanks e_l for that eye opener !!

in which case, what i wanted to know was with some spirited driving would there be around 4k worth of damage to the tires we normally use in our cars to justify the pain value of buying another set - changing etc etc... ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks