Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2006, 23:40   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
well they didn't entirely... Nitrous made it and was the sole representation for Chennai...

Hey BTW nitrous... thanks for being so hospitable to the blore boys... really appreciate it man... this time... pleeeeeeeez take v1p3r to the beach....
well aditya, nitrous anna pls do inform one and all that we are coming , specially boombastic uncle .. Hopefully we will get to see why and how he manages to be a bachelor this far along .. And maybe even speak and convince motormom to get her son married atleast this time ..

ya guys this time we better take v1p3r to the beach .. i still hear him cursing us for not going the last time, nearly every weekend ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd January 2006 at 23:43.
Old 4th January 2006, 00:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Don't forget that damn muscle car!
Old 5th January 2006, 13:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Sideways, be mentally prepared to see an Alto too. (u asked for it. lol).. But i shall confirm in a few days... That saturday happens to be working and i am already taking a leave on that monday as i am in coimbatore..

Anything hapening at the Kari speedway on 28th/29th.
Anything on 2 or more wheels is welcome.
Old 7th January 2006, 16:24   #34
BHPian

Pricing is in!

Bikes (Upto 350cc)
Members - 600 for 1 day, 1000 for both days
Non members - 900 for 1 day, 1600 for both days

Cars/Superbikes
Members - 900 for 1 day, 1600 for both days
Non members - 1200 for 1 day, 2000 for both days

This entitles the entrants to 4 x 40 minute sessions per day.

Current costing is for the Short Loop. Long loop subject to cleanliness.

Note: Group Entry of more than 10 Entrants per group (cars/bikes) will be considered at the Member Rates.

Entry is category specific. e.g. If entered for Cars then can avail only car sessions. If entrant wants to ride as well then has to make a fresh entry.

No Refunds

Entry Closing date 2nd Feb 06.
Old 9th January 2006, 15:40   #35
BHPian

We will also be offering the Fissme's and the race esteems for people to drive. The rates for these will be firmed up in the next few days. Will keep u all informed.
Old 9th January 2006, 15:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Expensive...but I guess last time's knockdown rates will never happen again! Still worth it...

Any chance of a per car deal?
Old 9th January 2006, 17:39   #37
sAP
BHPian

Private party or public event?

Kinda new to this, so please excuse.

What's an "FISSME"? Are there classifications for stock/modded, engine capacity and so forth? Is this a dirt or pavement track? A speedway or racetrack? Any prize money?

Or is there a place I can lookup this information somewhere online?

sAP
Old 9th January 2006, 17:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
Kinda new to this, so please excuse.

What's an "FISSME"? Are there classifications for stock/modded, engine capacity and so forth? Is this a dirt or pavement track? A speedway or racetrack? Any prize money?

Or is there a place I can lookup this information somewhere online?

sAP
Its a public event. Open to all as long as the safety requirements are maintained.

Fissme = Formula India Single Seater Maruti Engine. Indias version of Formula racing.

This is not a competition, so no classes and no proze money. All bikes go together, all cars go together.

This is Indias first proper race track, which means Tarmac!

Hope this helps!
Old 9th January 2006, 18:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Expensive...but I guess last time's knockdown rates will never happen again! Still worth it...

Any chance of a per car deal?
hey viper. I'm sorry that we have had to up the rates.

Believe me when I say that the facilities provided by the Club (Doctor, Ambulance, Marshals, safety car) are expensive. The Club has already taken a huge hit at the last event, and just cant afford to take another one.

SG
Old 9th January 2006, 18:15   #40
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
Its a public event. Open to all as long as the safety requirements are maintained. Fissme = Formula India Single Seater Maruti Engine. Indias version of Formula racing. This is not a competition, so no classes and no proze money. All bikes go together, all cars go together. This is Indias first proper race track, which means Tarmac! Hope this helps!
Thanks, BikerSG.
sAP

Some info on the track I found at the bottom of this page: http://www.chennaibest.com/cityresou...ingchennai.asp

Last edited by sAP : 9th January 2006 at 18:25.
Old 9th January 2006, 19:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
hey viper. I'm sorry that we have had to up the rates.

Believe me when I say that the facilities provided by the Club (Doctor, Ambulance, Marshals, safety car) are expensive. The Club has already taken a huge hit at the last event, and just cant afford to take another one.

SG
a bit too expensive for me at this time... rain check .... however will definitely make it to the track... hopefully the FISSME's aren't that expensive either....
Old 10th January 2006, 00:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey Biker, no issues man...like I said, it's still worth it...just that our student/shoestring budgets will need to be examined closely now...I appreciate the initiative and the lower rates you were able to give us last time...

We will still be there, atleast for the FISSMEs and the Esteems, if not our own cars.

Any chance of a per-car deal?
Old 10th January 2006, 15:07   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I'll have to be content with 1 day only, 1200 for the entry plus i'll have to get a pair of 2nd hand tyres..I'll start saving for the next track Day
Old 10th January 2006, 15:56   #44
BHPian

Registration for Cars / Drivers.

I would request all drivers to please PM me with your entries. Please mention if you will be taking part on Saturday / Sunday / Both days. Also please mention if you would like us to organise fuel / other consumables. Please also inform us if you will require accomadation. Max 3 people per room subject to confirmation from the resort.

Also planning to have a party for the out of towners on Saturday night at the resort. Please bring your swimming gear with you.
Old 10th January 2006, 16:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well aditya, nitrous anna pls do inform one and all that we are coming , specially boombastic uncle .. Hopefully we will get to see why and how he manages to be a bachelor this far along .. And maybe even speak and convince motormom to get her son married atleast this time ..

ya guys this time we better take v1p3r to the beach .. i still hear him cursing us for not going the last time, nearly every weekend ..
buddy, as of the current plan, i am supposed to be starting for US on 8th feb. so may be a little difficult to make it to the track.

but it's really tempting. let's see if i can make some time for it....will keep you guys updated.
BTW, will u guys get together in city in morning/evening. pls let me know the venue if you do.

@sideways, i lost your number, will PM you if things turn out to be favorable.
@v1p3r, i hope you are not looking for babes on the beach. just making sure u don't have too high hopes to be fulfilled

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks