Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2006, 10:33   #91
BHPian

one of the greatest weeknds i ever had..!!!
krishna, i liked the 3rd photo, yes the picture of rudra sir..;-))

cheers
aNu
Old 6th February 2006, 10:53   #92
BHPian

Looks like you chaps had a lot of fun - that tyre pic's perhaps the best proof of that !

Oh well, no racetrack nearby here ...shame...but th eautocross should be coming up !

The tape put on the lights is not to prevent breakage but to prevent piece of glass falling on the track if the glass breaks - in that case, the tape holds the broken fragments together...

btw guys, if anyone drove a baleno or a swift, i'd sure like to know how they fared on the track.

zaphod
Old 6th February 2006, 10:56   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, nice and detailed report, Ajmat. Though a little disheartening to see that the Vtec was a disappointment.

GTO
Old 6th February 2006, 11:00   #94
BHPian

ignore my previous post no. 89, check the snaps here

rudra sir on his mission

that is vasu from bangalore, check the brake discs, are they red hot???

that is 5u3zero before bursting the coolant hose

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 6th February 2006 at 11:01.
Old 6th February 2006, 11:01   #95
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

We had super duper fun .. From shredding tyres on the VTEC to blown tyre on the baleno , from a spectacular spin in the FISSME's to some shocking lap timings .. From sticking to racing lines to trying to stick people behind u stuck there itself .. And plenty more ..

Report coming up soon , and some wonderful pics from gods very own sent photographer , presenting our very own Rudra Uncle .. Hang on tight , a storms coming ur way ..

Thanks Sideways , JD Madan , Karun Chandok , BikerSG for the brilliant initiative and giving us this oppurtunity ..
Old 6th February 2006, 11:02   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Whoa, nice and detailed report, Ajmat. Though a little disheartening to see that the Vtec was a disappointment.

GTO
Am sure the boys in blue will go gung ho on detail - need to rethink vtec suspension - the track did it in and it is floppy at 120 +. The Optra creamed me on the straights
Old 6th February 2006, 11:32   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Am sure the boys in blue will go gung ho on detail - need to rethink vtec suspension - the track did it in and it is floppy at 120 +. The Optra creamed me on the straights
Naah .. The boys in blue are to sweet u know and more over we love the VTEC too .. Nothing shocking, but i must say u were pushing ur baby way too hard into the corners (we were right behind u in the white sienna) , at one point was yelling at psycho that u would loose it completely and put ur car into the barriers .. However must say that u corrected well and more importantly powered out of the drift rather than brake to control the slide(i have seen plenty do that mistake of braking to correct the drift) .. Im wondering , if i might see a black VTEC with koni's and track tyres at the next track day soon ..
Old 6th February 2006, 11:33   #98
Team-BHP Support

That pic of Rudra and his bazooka! lol.

Ajmat, how many km has your VTEC done ? How old is it?

Pics look super guys!! waiting for more pics and some vids!

cya
R

ps - guys please try and post thumbnails instead of full shots on the board

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th February 2006 at 11:36.
Old 6th February 2006, 11:46   #99
BHPian

here are a few more...

v1p3r in action, two wheels almost lifting off...

wannabe rossi in action...

indefatigable enfield rider on his own...

Old 6th February 2006, 12:04   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Ajmat, how many km has your VTEC done ? How old is it?

ps - guys please try and post thumbnails instead of full shots on the board

38500 3 yrs 4 months
Old 6th February 2006, 12:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

Mind blowing pics, Tifosi

Waiting for our old man's pics!!
Old 6th February 2006, 12:11   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Waiting for our old man's pics!!
thanks nitrous... i am too waiting for the best to come, that too of a porsche... where is it rudra sir.

@ try to post thumb nails instead of full shots...

sorry guys, will do that from now on.
Old 6th February 2006, 12:56   #103
Team-BHP Support

the lone bullet guy is abhi from bangalore.. bugger has got charms, on the straights big bikes will over take but through the curves bugger is right on the tail..
Old 6th February 2006, 13:53   #104
sAP
BHPian

Excellent sport photography and an exhilarating event

Being an amateur photographer myself, I must commend those pics on this post by Rudra! Excellent composition and timing. Do you have any on the Corsa SAIL that you can put up here?

I drifted twice and had to opposite lock just to maintain track. The first one was clumsy though. Wonder if Rudra has any pics on that

The hatchback Corsa was run with stock components -- soft suspension and hi-profile tires (175/70R13) ... possibly the worst combination for a racetrack. But it helps determine what a stock car can and cannot do... and for that, this exercise proved great. This car is known in India for its super-soft ride quality. Handling has to take a back seat.

Overall, the Corsa turns in a little too quickly into corners... though not as badly as its sedan sibling... so you need to exercise some caution. But I was surprised that it kept some pace (a 1.4L at that)... considering it was running with VTECs, Balenos and Race Esteems.

I would appreciate any feedback on this car from those who were there.

Issues: Broke a lug nut on my left front wheel... thats the part of the car that is most under pressure on this track... happened after the checkered flag.

Appreciate Sideways and BikerSG and the person who gave the pre-session briefings (sorry.. didn't get his name.. somebody pls mention) and all the members of the organizing team. All you guys were helpful, accommodating and courteous. Thanks much.

I would encourage people who have never raced before to enroll the next time this event happens. This is a place where rookies and strangers would feel right at home. Exhilaration guaranteed.

sAP
Old 6th February 2006, 14:58   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
the person who gave the pre-session briefings (sorry.. didn't get his name.. somebody pls mention)

One of India's A1 GP drivers and an instructor at Silverstone - Karun Chandhok!!! Very nice guy - no airs and most important no nonsense

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks