Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2006, 22:36   #151
Team-BHP Support

ok 160 on straights.. and listen to the pros, engine brake then brakes bad idea!

its more to do with flow than go crazy with the pedals that matter in THIS track

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th February 2006 at 22:43.
Old 9th February 2006, 11:30   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The black OHC has yellow recaros?
Yeah, The car is a 'half-cut' import owned by my friend. It has rear discs.

But, this car was jinxed. First, it wasn't allowd to go on track since it had no seat-belts. Then, after wasting 2 sessions, they borrowed a set from a santro and raced.In the same session, rear tyre blew and it went into the run off area.Then, later he tried hiring new JK track tyres and the 13" rims did not co-operate and finally this car retired from the event.
Old 9th February 2006, 11:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

What to do Jaggu, can't always go berserk on streets...when I get the chance, go partyyyy!!! Who cares if I'm off the racing line, or the lap times?!!!
Old 9th February 2006, 11:59   #154
BHPian

[quote=nitrous]Yeah, The car is a 'half-cut' import owned by my friend. It has rear discs.

quote]

What he did for RC Book????I was told it was cut into 3 parts.

Pj
Old 9th February 2006, 11:59   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Yeah, The car is a 'half-cut' import owned by my friend. It has rear discs.
What do you mean by half cut ?
Old 9th February 2006, 13:27   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What he did for RC Book????I was told it was cut into 3 parts.
For the RC book, it's not a legal one. He inserted some paper into a 'total-loss' car and makes it look legitimate. After all, he's gonna mod the hell out of it which would already be street-illegal

Quote:
What do you mean by half cut ?
Don't tell me u dont know about this happening. Crashed cars abroad are cut into two halves and the half which is useable is sent to other countries as junk parts to reduce duties. Mostly, the front half (with the engine) is exported.This is joint with the rear half of another car(front crashed) whose RC is used.
So, u get a road-worthy car from two totalled cars.

Last edited by nitrous : 9th February 2006 at 13:28.
Old 9th February 2006, 13:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't tell me u dont know about this happening. Crashed cars abroad are cut into two halves and the half which is useable is sent to other countries as junk parts to reduce duties. Mostly, the front half (with the engine) is exported.This is joint with the rear half of another car(front crashed) whose RC is used.
I've seen this in Nigeria.....pickup trucks with "Datsun" in front and "Nissan" at the back. The front wheels point in one direction and the rear wheels are heading somewhere else.........and they make it go in a straight line at about 90kmph. That should take more skill than track racing!

PS: They're loaded and the chassis is usually bent in a 'V' shape when they do this. Dont even talk about tyres!

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th February 2006 at 13:39.
Old 9th February 2006, 13:36   #158
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
I've seen this in Nigeria.....pickup trucks with "Datsun" in front and "Nissan" at the back. The front wheels point in one direction and the rear wheels are heading somewhere else.........and they make it go in a straight line at about 90kmph. That should take more skill than track racing!
Surgical precision can give good track-worthy results!!!
The guys doing the job should have a lot of experience to do this.
Old 9th February 2006, 15:59   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Did not know this happens here, have heard about the cutand shut operations abroad - very dangerous. Liked the rear disc brakes though
Old 9th February 2006, 16:35   #160
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
of course i wanna see more... post all the snaps u clicked.... btw they are awesome quality pics man... what cam do u use?
Glad you like it. No bigtime camera -- just a Cybershot P73. Have applied some exposure correction and saturation though.
sAP
Old 9th February 2006, 18:46   #161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Did anyone capture dilip rogers doing a stoppie just before C1 ??? I still am wondering how it must have felt to be on one wheel at over 200km/hr ..
Old 9th February 2006, 19:30   #162
Senior - BHPian

Dude, I don't think that just because he got a front clip, he has used the same shell. What he would have done is transplanted all the equipment from the clip -- engine, wiring, gearbox if front, or discs and suspension if rear -- onto an Indian bodyshell. This is standard practice. Front clips are sold because it's a helluva lot easier to cut a car, than to disconnect all lines, dismount the engine, lift it, pack it etc...
Old 9th February 2006, 19:50   #163
Senior - BHPian

Were you guys taking C1 flat out? If I recall right, C1 was flat in FISSMES (maybe a lift but no brakes) and you brake only for C2. I'm sure the bikes had so much speed that they have to brake for C1.
Old 9th February 2006, 20:48   #164
Senior - BHPian

Lift off into the turn, back on throttle through the turn, doing over 130 before C2, downshift and brake, tyres protesting, take the turn hard at 90 or so...if my memory serves me right. And what a memory it is!

No brakes for me, though some guys will dab the brakes to slide the rear a bit, drift wide and straightline the turn. I had to do it once when I came in way too hot.
Old 9th February 2006, 21:02   #165
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Were you guys taking C1 flat out? If I recall right, C1 was flat in FISSMES (maybe a lift but no brakes) and you brake only for C2. I'm sure the bikes had so much speed that they have to brake for C1.
Dont know if the FISSME's were the same as they were when u drove , but i felt the need to just dab on the brakes a wee bit right under the arch before turning in .. Tried lifting off without braking but it didnt feel right , maybe its just me .. Maybe next time i need to try to lift off a bit early ..

@v1p3r : Looks like track day is really affecting ur memory .. Because i remember every guy driving the baleno braking into C1 .. Unless i was blind or something , which im sure wasnt the case .. Maybe u didnt realise in the excitement ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks