Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 11:58   #6436
BHPian

Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Sorry , I didn’t test up
Sharing some pics of my new steed , I took the delivery today. Drives like a dream. Dealer experience was good with the guy taking time to explain all the features.

Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-abb48c89a7c94065b55f1a35b2410026.jpeg

Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-14b5cff2747c4de2ab26c751ce662f2a.jpeg

Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-149f095bc2534aa6bc4d31431d4fdfcc.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 10th May 2022 at 05:06. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
mazda4life is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 00:09   #6437
Distinguished - BHPian

Need some recommendations for a friend in Dallas, TX

He is replacing his 7 year old Honda CRV and wants to get a Hybrid SUV.

His budget is strictly between $35,000-$45,000 and is also fixated he wants to get a Hybrid which has decent power which is required in TX states due to wide freeway roads.

Other than the regular Hybrid SUV's like RAV 4, Rouge etc. Are there any more that he can shortlist? He plans to get it ASAP.

Any inputs?
Old 9th May 2022, 15:18   #6438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sounds great. How about sharing a few pics of your steed? Would love to see the STI and Z3.
I do have a thread on the Z3 here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...w-z3-2-5i.html (Drop the top | My 2001 BMW Z3 2.5i)

Will share some STI pics as well. Need to clean it first

Quote:
Need some recommendations for a friend in Dallas, TX

He is replacing his 7 year old Honda CRV and wants to get a Hybrid SUV.

Other than the regular Hybrid SUV's like RAV 4, Rouge etc. Are there any more that he can shortlist? He plans to get it ASAP.
Well, the "ASAP" requirement should narrow the list down a lot. Not sure how the situation is in Dallas, but my brother in law in Toronto is still waiting for his electric RAV4 that he order in January,
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:28   #6439
BHPian

Quote:
Other than the regular Hybrid SUV's like RAV 4, Rouge etc. Are there any more that he can shortlist? He plans to get it ASAP.Any inputs?
Lexus NX300h or NX350h are very good hybrids.Comes with the peace of mind of a Toyota (Think of Reliability, Durability and service costs) but with a lot of noise cancelling (think on extra wheel well padding, insulating doors, windows, engine bay etc. etc.) and a ton of refinement. Moreover 0-60mph at ~7seconds is decent for SUVs I think.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th May 2022 at 05:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:29   #6440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Lexus NX300h or NX350h are very good hyrbids.
Excellent recommendation. I suggest test driving both RAV4 and Lexus to see if the price difference between the two seems reasonable to them.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 04:33   #6441
BHPian

Quote:

Any inputs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Lexus NX300h or NX350h are very good hyrbids.
+1. This is solid choice. But the price will make it go beyond $45k for sure. He can consider Toyota Venza as well. It is comparatively premium in Toyota and have same powertrain as the Rav4 Hybrid. Another choice in the segment is Hyundai Tucson. It uses 6 speed Auto in Hybrid instead of the CVTs used by other manufacturers. Also the fit and finish and warranty are way better in Hyundai these days.

If he is decided on Toyota, then he can straight away head down to Toyota of Denton. As far as I read, they are the only dealers who are selling the cars for MSRP in DFW area without any markups. And another option comes to mind is Family Toyota of Arlington (Salesman name is Richard Bui). I never had first hand experience in Arlington dealership.
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 06:09   #6442
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^

Thank you Amitoj, Carthick1000 and especially Hema4saran for the inputs and for the lead in Texas dealership.

I have conveyed this message to him and will ask him to pursue these cars to buy. Will keep you posted what he finally decides on.

Thanks again for your inputs.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 22:06   #6443
BHPian

Any Rivian owners, Cybertruck reservation holders or Lucid owners or reservation holders here?
Old 11th May 2022, 23:37   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Any Rivian owners, Cybertruck reservation holders or Lucid owners or reservation holders here?
Someone I see often in my neighborhood works at Rivian, and he often has the truck parked in the driveway. He would be all smiles when their stock was at $120, now that it is at $20, I would like to see his face.

A friend has joined Lucid, and I am asking him to bring one home for some dog fooding. No luck so far.

I reserved a cyber truck on day 1. Hoping it will be ship sometime in the next 10 years.
Old 12th May 2022, 19:45   #6445

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Sharing some pics of my new steed , I took the delivery today.
Congratulations!! Nice color as well.
I too have a 2019 deep blue CX9 and my family loves touring in it.
auditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 15:12   #6446
BHPian

How easy is it to change registration of a car in the US from one state to another (NY or NJ to CA)? What are the expenses involved(taxes) and the transportation from East to West coast?
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 15:24   #6447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
How easy is it to change registration of a car in the US from one state to another (NY or NJ to CA)? What are the expenses involved(taxes) and the transportation from East to West coast?
Very easy, if you own the car. I walked into an Illinois SOS (the equivalent of DMV) with my CA title and the requisite address and/or ID proof (check the websites of the DMV for a list of acceptable documents). Surrendered my old CA title, paid title fees (one time) & registration fees (every year), and was done in 20 minutes. IL title was mailed to me 8 weeks later.

Transportation is a different matter. It is up to you/employer to transport the car - mostly done via truck. You can get open/enclosed carriers and prices will vary depending on the insurance/level of service. If the car is old, might be a better option to sell in NY/NJ and buy again in CA.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 26th May 2022 at 15:26.
landcruiser123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 21:23   #6448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Very easy, if you own the car. I walked into an Illinois SOS (the equivalent of DMV) with my CA title and the requisite address and/or ID proof (check the websites of the DMV for a list of acceptable documents). Surrendered my old CA title, paid title fees (one time) & registration fees (every year), and was done in 20 minutes. IL title was mailed to me 8 weeks later.

Transportation is a different matter. It is up to you/employer to transport the car - mostly done via truck. You can get open/enclosed carriers and prices will vary depending on the insurance/level of service. If the car is old, might be a better option to sell in NY/NJ and buy again in CA.
Very easy and I had a similar painless process in WA.

Walked in to the DMV and paid a one time fee and I remember it was a high fee of $750 or something and they gave me the plates right there and then.

With regards to transportation, I used a truck and my car was picked up in Detroit from home and dropped in Seattle in 1-week and cost was $1700.

Obviously, all expenses were reimbursed.

Check this link for the truck pictures and post details :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5160433
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 00:30   #6449
BHPian

Hi folks, if I intend to buy a new car and then keep it for 5-7 years, how do the lease vs. buy options compare? What are the factors impacting this choice?

I never thought leasing makes any sense, but considering how many people opt for leasing there has to be some advantage?
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 03:29   #6450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Hi folks, if I intend to buy a new car and then keep it for 5-7 years, how do the lease vs. buy options compare? What are the factors impacting this choice?

I never thought leasing makes any sense, but considering how many people opt for leasing there has to be some advantage?
Buying vs Leasing is a highly debatable topic and it ends up being a personal preference.

If you are planning to keep the vehicle for a while, buying would make more sense. Leasing is targeted towards people who prefers changing vehicles every 2 or 3 years. Another advantage of leasing is liability, you dont have to worry about any depreciation due to accidents.
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks