Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 21:18   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
A nice article on PF1.Interesting read
http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/89...o-The-Villain-
No sympathies to Webber or Alonso on this incident.

It was really a dumb move from Alonso to stop in the middle of the track. He should have stopped outside of the track, especially when there was a lot of space left. Looks like Webber almost got run over first by Kimi and then by Rosberg who passed Alonso on his left. Since Kimi was just behind Alonso and had to suddenly move to his right - he had a very tight line with Alonso on his left and Webber on his right. An inexperienced driver might not have been able to do what Kimi did. Check out the footage.

Old 29th September 2013, 21:43   #482
Senior - BHPian

Is PF1 calling Mark as the Hero who was actually the Villain, he was the Villain so far in the script right? Dodgy british press is confusing me

Quote:
A nice article on PF1.Interesting read
http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/89...o-The-Villain-
Old 1st October 2013, 19:24   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Is PF1 calling Mark as the Hero who was actually the Villain, he was the Villain so far in the script right? Dodgy british press is confusing me
Confused about what?The article clearly says while Webber has played the "I am victimized at RBR" card all along,the truth is far from it.Is it that difficult to fathom from this article
Old 4th October 2013, 01:52   #484
BHPian

musical chairs continues,

Sauber open to Barrichello signing for 2014

Sauber have refused to rule out signing Rubens Barrichello despite the 41-year-old being out of F1 for two years.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...chello-signing

Nico Hulkenberg has revealed that his future will be decided within the next three weeks.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...uncement-soon-

-Sajan

Last edited by sajands : 4th October 2013 at 01:53. Reason: added another sentence
Old 4th October 2013, 18:01   #485
BHPian

“It’s very difficult to put percentages on it. For me, what is fascinating about motor racing, particularly Formula 1, is that it is the ultimate blend of sportsman – the driver – and machine – the car. If you look elsewhere around the world, with the possible exception of the America’s Cup, there really isn’t a parallel outside the motor racing umbrella where you’ve got that complete interdependency of sportsman and machine.”

"When we talk about all-time greats, the names of Senna, Clark, Stewart, Fittipaldi come up as well as Michael and Fangio. In terms of championships, some of them have had a fraction of the success Michael has. There’s that intangible thing that defines greatness which isn’t simply results. What Sebastian is well on his way to doing is establishing himself as one of the all-time greats.”

Excerpts from Newey's interview to James Allen.More can be read here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/1...na-and-vettel/
Old 4th October 2013, 20:07   #486
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if Webber said anywhere that Marko was controlling his brain that forced him to get a lift from Alonso and got the penalty

Like every human being, he claims he was innocent. There were so many events before F1 drivers had hitched a ride back to pits after the race, dont know if they got an agreement from the Marshals or there is a pickup stand for drivers who want to hitch a ride back to the pits and Webber didnt use it.

It happened and they were penalised, move on... I dont want to fathom anything from a PF1 article.

Quote:
Confused about what?The article clearly says while Webber has played the "I am victimized at RBR" card all along,the truth is far from it.Is it that difficult to fathom from this article
Old 4th October 2013, 21:50   #487
Senior - BHPian

With James Allen's recent love for RedBull and the constant booing at every podiums at Vettel, is forcing RedBull to take some extreme PR initiatives. Vettel's name will definitely be there in the books of F1 stats, but a great... none seem to be talking about it except paid journos and RedBull team.

Quote:
Excerpts from Newey's interview to James Allen.More can be read here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/1...na-and-vettel/
Old 4th October 2013, 21:50   #488
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if Webber said anywhere that Marko was controlling his brain that forced him to get a lift from Alonso and got the penalty

Like every human being, he claims he was innocent. There were so many events before F1 drivers had hitched a ride back to pits after the race, dont know if they got an agreement from the Marshals or there is a pickup stand for drivers who want to hitch a ride back to the pits and Webber didnt use it.

It happened and they were penalised, move on... I dont want to fathom anything from a PF1 article.
Did you even read the article???

It was not about the hitching ride from Alonso part.It was in general about Webber playing the "I am being victimized" card at RBR in whole.
Old 4th October 2013, 21:55   #489
Senior - BHPian

Its about time you read links you post here mate, the whole prelude of the article is around Webber not listening to Marshals doing a grave mistake and mocking them on Twitter. Dont pull me into this cat & mouse game.

If you are happy with what PF1 says about RedBull,

Quote:
Did you even read the article???
Old 4th October 2013, 21:58   #490
BHPian

Quote:
With James Allen's recent love for RedBull and the constant booing at every podiums at Vettel, is forcing RedBull to take some extreme PR initiatives. Vettel's name will definitely be there in the books of F1 stats, but a great... none seem to be talking about it except paid journos and RedBull team.
Well,maybe I should have added a caveat to that JA link "This interview is definitely not for people who know much more about the sport than Adrian Newey does"
Old 4th October 2013, 22:18   #491
Senior - BHPian

Oops, no problem. You can report your post to mods who will be glad to add that caveat for you in your post

Quote:
Well,maybe I should have added a caveat to that JA link "This interview is definitely not for people who know much more about the sport than Adrian Newey does"
Old 4th October 2013, 22:27   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Oops, no problem. You can report your post to mods who will be glad to add that caveat for you in your post
All right dude,peace out.Enough banter for a day
Old 5th October 2013, 09:57   #493
BHPian

Red Bull's traction secret revealed?
- http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...AWK9FL,6P91I,1
Old 6th October 2013, 01:27   #494
BHPian

McLaren 'not talking' to Hulkenberg. Martin Whitmarsh expects McLaren will re-sign Sergio Perez for next season despite rumours linking Nico Hulkenberg to his seat.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...-to-Hulkenberg

Looks like Hulkenberg is running out of front running team options, his hope is now with lotus picking him instead of massa.

-Sajan
Old 6th October 2013, 19:07   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Looks like Hulkenberg is running out of front running team options, his hope is now with lotus picking him instead of massa.
I wonder if his drive today will rekindle interest in the Hulk from the top teams. Having said that, Sauber were far from shabby, if their 1.6L engine next year is any good, Hulkenberg might as well stay on there and keep sticking it to McLaren!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks