Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:23   #361
BHPian

Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Chandhok’s racing idol: Alain Prost - http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1...l-alain-prost/

Quote:
One of the most common questions that journalists ask me is: “Who was your racing idol when you were growing up?” The long answer to that question is Mario Andretti for his sheer diversity in the sport; Frank Williams for his incredible success and drive to win world championships despite being a quadriplegic; Ron Dennis because when I started watching F1 in the late 1980s McLaren was the ‘superteam’ and he was the boss; Bernie Ecclestone because without him the sport would be a pale shadow of what it is today, and finally Alain Prost.
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:46   #362
Senior - BHPian

Boss is angry again!

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/mon...k-ferrari-fans
Old 5th August 2013, 12:49   #363
Senior - BHPian

Kimi-to-Ferrari rumour is gaining lot of traction. Well, it could just be a tactic from Ferrari to keep Alonso in check or an attempt from Robertsons to push RBR and Lotus for a better offer, but you never know. Stranger things have hapened in F1!

Kimi in his recent interviews keeps talking about engine rules playing a key role in his decision about 2014 drive. Both Lotus and RBR are powered by same Renault engines, so he may actually have an offer from non-Renault powered team, which could only point to Ferrari, leaving out Mercedes/McLaren.
Old 5th August 2013, 16:36   #364
Senior - BHPian

I'm getting quite tired of Ferrari "warning Massa". This cannot be allowed to happen every year. They should preferably sack him for 2014 or shut up.
Old 5th August 2013, 16:45   #365
BHPian

This silly season rumors is getting irritating by the day and to quote one of the guys at GPF1 "I think all these silly rumors (Alonso to Red Bull, Räikkönen to Ferrari), together with the fact that Red Bull has not signed Ricciardo yet, just mean that Kimi and Red Bull are busy negotiating a deal that satisfies them both. Red Bull imply they might be interested in Alonso to put some pressure on Kimi, and the Robertsons let it "leak" that Ferrari would be interested in Kimi, just to tell Red Bull that silly rumors can be used on both sides of the table and that they are not falling for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a completed deal soon (if it's gonna happen at all)."
Old 20th August 2013, 07:58   #366
BHPian

Kimi wants Ferrari drive, so says Eddie Jordan who had foretold many driver movements earlier - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23761323
Old 20th August 2013, 08:17   #367
Senior - BHPian

Kimi + Alonso will be great news for all except the Spaniard. Ricciardo to replace Webber? That contract got one Seb. Vettel written all over it.

And I really wouldn't bet against EJ for any silly season news.

Cannot wait for a race. Its been ages. And will Ferrari be bringing the Albert park spec F138?

And oh, Spa you beauty! Where is our thread for the race?
Old 20th August 2013, 12:35   #368
Senior - BHPian

So EJ has spoken, I would believe this to be a done deal!

Kimi + Alonso, thats going to be one killer lineup for Ferrari. I dont know how Alonso is going to handle this pressure or worse how the useless/hopeless Stephano would handle two of the best drivers in a Ferrari.

There was a rumor about Brawn returning to Ferrari after Mercedes got Paddy Lowe on board. I hope that works out for Ferrari and Stephano/Massa are fired!

Brawn has denied those rumors anyway, but there is never a smoke without fire

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/194428/...o_ferrari.html
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 14:22   #369
Senior - BHPian

Ricciardo to RBR will be announced at Spa. I hope Kimi is really going somewhere, it's been a long silly season.
Old 20th August 2013, 16:38   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
So EJ has spoken, I would believe this to be a done deal!

Kimi + Alonso, thats going to be one killer lineup for Ferrari. I dont know how Alonso is going to handle this pressure or worse how the useless/hopeless Stephano would handle two of the best drivers in a Ferrari.

There was a rumor about Brawn returning to Ferrari after Mercedes got Paddy Lowe on board. I hope that works out for Ferrari and Stephano/Massa are fired!

Brawn has denied those rumors anyway, but there is never a smoke without fire

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/194428/...o_ferrari.html
Kimi to Ferrari will be good for Alonso I feel. He's getting impatient in the WDC quest as the car's not been quick enough, with Kimi, he'l be able to focus on beating his team mate which for the last few years, Massa has handed on a platter.

Allison to begin work at Ferrari from 1st Sept is it?
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 12:00   #371
Senior - BHPian

Yes, he is joining the team in september. TSN had reported that he would be in the Ferrari pitwall from Monza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Allison to begin work at Ferrari from 1st Sept is it?
This is the New Ferrari 458 Speciale. The stripes look Finnish to me

The 2013 Formula One Season-ferrari458specialefronton625x407.jpg
Old 21st August 2013, 15:04   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Yes, he is joining the team in september. TSN had reported that he would be in the Ferrari pitwall from Monza.

This is the New Ferrari 458 Speciale. The stripes look Finnish to me

Attachment 1127502
Nice

Though, there are rumours that Ferrari have delayed dispatches of the LaFerrari.
Reasons largely unknown.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st August 2013 at 23:10. Reason: Removed alcohol reference.
Old 24th August 2013, 14:49   #373
BHPian

No New Jersey race - https://twitter.com/easonf1/status/371188608230637568

The 2013 Formula One Season-image676569862.jpg
Old 26th August 2013, 22:27   #374
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Michelin could return to the sport next year.Michelin could replace Pirelli as F1 tyre supplier

Quote:
Michelin would want a chance to showcase its high levels of technology, including tread-free 'slick' tyres that can be used in wet weather.
Really curious to know what this is.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:47   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks like Michelin could return to the sport next year.Michelin could replace Pirelli as F1 tyre supplier

Really curious to know what this is.
There are reports that Todt is warming upto Michelin and it is probably Bernie's idea solely for the rapidly degrading nonsense with Pirelli. Probably Pirelli are good, but they are doing something which none of the teams or drivers like (and most of the fans). Wrong place doing the wrong thing stuff !

There was a comment from McLaren's Neale that push comes to shove, the teams can quickly adapt to the new tyre from any others (read Michelin).

Probably the first time we see the silly season extend to even the suppliers and not just the drivers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks