Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 23:04   #2806
BHPian

Hamilton gained advantage ok if that is the case he gave the place as per the rule and the rule doesn't even bother to say whether you are inches or no overtaking again till the the next lap (as in the case of safety car and such things) this is what is making me angry on the stewards decision, I am sorry but this is just my point I hope you understand my point
Old 7th September 2008, 23:13   #2807
Senior - BHPian

fair enough
But there had to be some penalty for that. Otherwise it would set a wrong precedent. Every driver would cut across the chicane in Monza turn 1, get behind the slip stream of the driver ahead and then immediately overtake him.
Old 7th September 2008, 23:18   #2808
BHPian

Hmmm yeah,
Its was really exciting to watch the last laps !! I was really in the edge of my seats.
Old 7th September 2008, 23:26   #2809
BHPian

Felipe Massa has been declared the winner of Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix after McLaren’ Lewis Hamilton was handed a 25-second time penalty following the race. Hamilton drops to third place as a result, with BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld moving up to second.

Will Monza play host to a showdown in the title race in driver's standing. 2008 season is damm intresting.

What intrested me was the results displayed in f1.com, it say kimi reteried due to engine faliure. Check the link below,

The Official Formula 1 Website
Old 7th September 2008, 23:30   #2810
BHPian

FIA shame...... I am a huge Ferrari fan but cant help feel for Lewis!!

Hamilton loses Belgian Grand Prix win.

"McLaren-Mercedes' F1 World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton sees his hard-fought Belgian Grand Prix victory at Spa-Francorchamps today sensationally taken away from him post-race by FIA stewards."

Hamilton loses Belgian Grand Prix win. | F1 News | Crash.Net

- That was quick! before I could press enter !

Last edited by MustangMan : 7th September 2008 at 23:31.
Old 7th September 2008, 23:43   #2811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
What intrested me was the results displayed in f1.com, it say kimi reteried due to engine faliure. Check the link below,

The Official Formula 1 Website
That link is of Valencia results
Old 8th September 2008, 00:16   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I feel bad for Lewis Hamilton, even though I'm a huge Raikkonen fan. The FIA has been doing stupid things for some time now. In the last race, Massa was not really penalised for being released in a dangerous fashion next to Sutil. However, in the GP2 race earlier today/yesterday, a couple of drivers were penalised and given a drive-thru penalty for doing the same thing. I'm surprised that the stewards didn't go ahead and disqualify the wall for destroying Kimi's car and race. The saving grace for Ferrari is that it was the stewards took this decision on their own, without any appeal being lodged by Ferrari.

McLaren has appealed against the decision, and will be interesting to see what comes of it.
Old 8th September 2008, 00:41   #2813
BHPian

Pathetic decision taken by the stewards ,looks like F1 is run secretly by Ferrari.
Old 8th September 2008, 00:53   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The FIA has been doing stupid things for some time now. In the last race, Massa was not really penalised for being released in a dangerous fashion next to Sutil. However, in the GP2 race earlier today/yesterday, a couple of drivers were penalised and given a drive-thru penalty for doing the same thing.
In the race Heikki Kovalainen made a move on Mark Webber that did not work. It was clumsy and frankly it deserved a penalty - which he duly got. But let's replay the tapes and see how many more passing moves we could argue that for this season. How about Kimi Raikkonen crashing into the back of Adrian Sutil in Monaco...? David Coulthard on about six other cars in six other races...?
Old 8th September 2008, 01:31   #2815
BHPian

What a bad luck for Kimi. For the 2nd time in this season he has lost the race after reading until the last 2-4 laps! It is a shame. More over the Ferrari setup itself isnt so suited for wet conditions I think. I dont know what exactly hit Kovalinen but both McLaren's seem to behave well on wet surface showing that the car itself is better suited for wet conditions than any serious output from the drivers.

Kimi was awesome in the first couple of laps. Simply awesome. This guy doesnt deserve so much of bad luck while some one else has all the good luck and placed in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed about the championship.
Old 8th September 2008, 01:46   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I felt Hamilton deserved that win, he was clearly better in wet than Kimi (ofcourse Heidfeld is better than both)
Well deserved may be, but the track had rainy wet conditions only during the last 3 laps or so. Kimi did drive well till then. And to say that some one has better skills in wet though he hasn't driven on different equipments is not fair. We can judge Hamilton's skills in wet conditions when he has done driving for a Renault or a BMW or a Ferrari.
Old 8th September 2008, 02:04   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I felt Hamilton deserved that win, he was clearly better in wet than Kimi (ofcourse Heidfeld is better than both)
Heidfield actaully made a zero to hero decision. He pitted in the 42nd lap to change to wet weather tyres..
Old 8th September 2008, 07:11   #2818
BHPian

Absolutely disgusting!!!! He wins the race fair and square, drives really well, and then THIS! I can't believe people still defend Ferrari and their questionable ethics and lack of sportsmanship. What did they want him to do?? Stop the car so that Kimi can win? Arbitrary, unfair and revolting behaviour. Ferrari fans, hang your collective heads in shame at the manner in which your team dictates the running of Formula 1. Makes me want to throw up.
Old 8th September 2008, 07:12   #2819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The saving grace for Ferrari is that it was the stewards took this decision on their own, without any appeal being lodged by Ferrari.
Not entirely true.
Quoted from
f1.racing-live.com
Quote:
Lewis Hamilton's victory at the Belgian Grand Prix has been thrown into doubt, with news not only that stewards are probing an incident, but also that Ferrari has lodged an official protest.
Old 8th September 2008, 07:59   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Well deserved may be, but the track had rainy wet conditions only during the last 3 laps or so. Kimi did drive well till then. And to say that some one has better skills in wet though he hasn't driven on different equipments is not fair. We can judge Hamilton's skills in wet conditions when he has done driving for a Renault or a BMW or a Ferrari.
Oh ! who stopped Ferrari from making a better machine, had it been the other way like Kimi winning and Hamilton ending up crashing the ferrari fans would have told hamilton doesn't know how to drive in the wet and things like that, Massa held his nerves and he did win in the end.
When it rains Adrian Sutil drives better in Force India than Kimi in Ferrari !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed