Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 01:08   #2701
BANNED

Guys! I still cannot get the story behind how Hamilton screwed up!
Too aggressive on tires? That's how he screwed it up?
I think there could be a more better reason/answer for the word SCREWED.

And he deserved it because he is a bit haut for me!
Is it something called jealousy? Just seeing another team's driver having some qualities of one of Ferrari's early driver?
Old 4th August 2008, 02:33   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

Is it something called jealousy? Just seeing another team's driver having some qualities of one of Ferrari's early driver?
Replays showed that he flat spotted his left front tyre just before the incident happened. This is not the first time i has happened. Last year he had tyre failure in Turkey.
Old 4th August 2008, 08:24   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Guys! I still cannot get the story behind how Hamilton screwed up!Too aggressive on tires? That's how he screwed it up?I think there could be a more better reason/answer for the word SCREWED
I think its to do with his driving style.A very very hot track + Hamilton's driving style + his car's setup(Mclaren always seem to be harsh on the tyres than F2008)=puncture or too much tyre graining.Also he was driving too aggressive yesterday after being humbled by Masa at the start of the race,especially when he said this after overtaking Massa in German GP "He didn't defend very well. All I know is that if it was the other way around then he wouldn't have got past" .
I dont know about you Zak,but I feel a lot happy when I see him loosing because of this arrogance and I was soooo glad that Massa made Hamilton eat humble pie in the next GP itself
Old 4th August 2008, 10:23   #2704
BHPian

Hi, it was a great race - a bit of exhilaration at the beginning, tragedy at the end, & the promise of more to come. I guess Massa was stung hard by Wonder-Boy's comment on his "move" in the German GP !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
"He didn't defend very well. All I know is that if it was the other way around then he wouldn't have got past"
It was a great come-back by Massa, in the very best way possible !

The Toyotas seem to have taken up the mantle from BMW, great driving by Timo, despite the botched pit-stop.

I don't think it's fair to blame Hamilton for his tire misfortune, I guess what gives the McLaren's their one-lap pace also backfires under the right (wrong ?) circumstances - with Lewis especially vulnerable ! In Turkey this year, McLaren were forced to adopt a 3-stop strategy for Lewis because Bridgestone feared he could have a tire failure ! I guess we all know how many pit-stops McLaren's going to adopt for Lewis in the 2009 Hungarian GP

Anyway, it was nice to see that the prancing horse is prancing once more. I guess there's more to the "fin" than meets the eye, I still think it looks ghastly by the way. The next race would be a very interesting one, unknown territory to all the teams & drivers - I for one, 'am looking forward to Valencia

Last edited by im_srini : 4th August 2008 at 10:27.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:31   #2705
BHPian

Quote:

He was constantly locking up his left front into turn 2/3 like many drivers but there might be something more to it than just this. He is the only driver who has had these weird tyre failures... very strange.

While we are at it, Bridgestone are speculating that it might have been either debris that caused the puncture or that , one of the flatspots got pierced by a sharp kerb or something like that. But they are not sure.
autosport.com - F1 News: Debris caused Hamilton puncture

Lewis is haughty - no doubt about it ...but all great drivers have come with an attitude
Old 4th August 2008, 11:22   #2706
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Year 2008 has given us the most enjoyable races; I was expecting this sunday's GP to be pretty boring, knowing how the Hungaroring is laid out. Man, I was happy to be proven wrong.

As much as I don't like Massa, it was heart wrenching to see his engine collapse just 3 laps from the flag. His overtaking move at the start deserved victory, nothing else! On the other hand, I was happy to see T Glock & Toyota in 2nd spot. Great performance in qualifying as well as strong race pace. Kovi & Kimi, well, sheer luck for them to have ended up where they did. Kimi was surprisingly laid back for a majority of the race and couldn't even overtake Alonso when his car was a second / lap faster.

Quote:
Hamilton is known to use his tyres more than normal, tyre-locking, flatspotting and smoking included. Combine that with a punishing track and its a recipe for disaster.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:11   #2707
BHPian

Absolutely disappointing to see Massa have an engine failure just 3 laps before the chequered flag. Unfortunate for Lewis too.

Good drive from T.Glock.

Kimi should thank his stars, these unfortunate events have put him back in contention for the championship.

All in all, this is surely going to be one nail biting season, where i think we will see a three way fight to the crown, all the way to the last race.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:18   #2708
Senior - BHPian

A superb overtaking maneuver at the start(Payback time for Hockenheim, big time!) & a flawless drive by Massa - it was a pity that it ended the way it did for him.

The way Heiki was going on at the press conference, you'd think he'd actually planned to win the race right from the beginning!
Old 4th August 2008, 12:26   #2709
BANNED

Hamilton is aggressive. That we all know. But is that a reason for him to deserve a failure always?
That's a bit too harsh guys.

Come on! If a guy can drive and win some times, he should be knowing what he is doing. He should also be aware of his tires and his machine. So, let's also appreciate other drivers' capabilities and not use words like "He DESERVED to fail". That's normally used when a driver has done something idiotic or harsh. In the Hungarian GP, atleast I didn't see any of it from Hamilton.

Remember the last race of Michael when he got a puncture? Did he deserve it?
Definitely not. It was pure bad luck. We all were sad.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:52   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
This is the first time in my life I've seen Kimi have good luck smiling at him. Most of his career, he's been a bad luck magnet. It's probably the 2nd race in his career where he's had lady luck smiling at him (the first one being last year's final race when he won the championship - but I couldn't watch that race).
True. And about time he takes control and asserts himself. His problem has been being qualifying and lately, overtaking. He simply cannot seem to tame that Ferrari over a single lap. His race pace seems fine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I also agree with Nikhil that Hamilton deserves it. He's too haughty for my liking. Incidents like this will help him keep his feet firmly on the ground.
Lewis is undoubtedly a great talent. We seem to dislike him for the very reason that Schumacher was revered for - his high and haughty attitude. But, Schumy managed to back it up with 7 championships and that to me is the difference!!
Old 4th August 2008, 13:15   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hamilton is aggressive. That we all know. But is that a reason for him to deserve a failure always?
I agree, why should anyone deserve a failure unless he has been unsportive or anything. He was driving fine until that happened. I feel for him. On the other hand, his & massa's engine failure ensured that kimi got onto the podium. Good for him.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:29   #2712
F50
Senior - BHPian

I saw the re-telecast of the race as I missed it yesterday. The move by Massa was great, felt really nice to that he gave back to Hamilton in the very next race. Its high time that Kimi is up and awake.

Quote:
On one hand people talk about the bad luck of Hamilton. I say he is lucky enough to finish atleast 5th in most of his unlucky races, where as others might struggle to get back in points. I dont know how but its true.
And Hamilton's tire failure was no hard luck but his own mistake. The flat spots caused the tire puncture. He was constantly locking it and front left tire is the one which takes most of the beating in Hungarian GP.

One thing about Hamilton is, he can only win races when in front, mostly from Pole. If he is 2nd or 3rd, he throws a party to his bad luck and everyone seems to attend it. Tire management is very important.
May be thats where he never learnt this from senior drivers. He spend most of his time fighting with Alonso rather than learning. His dad nor Ron Dennis can teach what another F1 driver with bag full experience can do.

Unless channelized, the power is useless. So, Hamilton you need to learn a lot!!
Old 4th August 2008, 16:04   #2713
Senior - BHPian

Has there been anyone so successful and good like Hamilton at his age in F1 history ?
There is some bit of jealousy I guess for his achievements.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:28   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Has there been anyone so successful and good like Hamilton at his age in F1 history ?
There is some bit of jealousy I guess for his achievements.
Hmmm, what exactly has he achieved so far?
Old 4th August 2008, 16:30   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hmmm, what exactly has he achieved so far?
Really ? Almost won the championship on debut. Leading the championship in the second year.

Come on, its not luck.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks