Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 20:15   #2746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

Michael Schumacher was also not a saint when it came to racing tactics.
Your right. And because of his antics with DAMON HILL(and many others) in the 96' showdown i really dislike him.

Hamilton on the other hand its as Dirty as that. Not yet though.
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:12   #2747
BHPian

Ferrari will pull away right from the start. If Massa does not screw up, this is his race.
Old 24th August 2008, 01:10   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Vettel just came out of nowhere!
Old 24th August 2008, 01:21   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a track and what a qualifying. I don't rem the last time i enjoyed watching the re-run as much as the live coverage. Hehe

Can't wait for tom's race!!! There's gonna be loads of action, thats for sure.

PS : Did Nelson hit a bird before the last corner? Im sure i saw something touch the right front tyre.

Shan2nu
Old 24th August 2008, 10:31   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
PS : Did Nelson hit a bird before the last corner? Im sure i saw something touch the right front tyre.

Shan2nu
Yes it was a sea gull or something i suppose
Old 24th August 2008, 11:15   #2751
Senior - BHPian

Love the track. Race should be a spectacle. Although the Finns would have to hope for a double disaster if they have to jump their team mates!
Old 24th August 2008, 11:38   #2752
BANNED

Going to see a lot of people into the walls this race. Theres no place to pull over incase of an engine failure or something like that.
Dont really like this closed circuit that must. Except for that awesome looking bridge section and the yatchs by the track.
Old 24th August 2008, 12:01   #2753
Senior - BHPian

This track reminds me of the earlier Speedruns in Mumbai that were organized at Bandra Reclamation.
The world's best drag strip.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:52   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Boring would be an understatement to describe today's race. There was hardly any action on the track. Most action seemed to happen near Ferrari pit box. 2 pit stop mistakes in this race, back to back engine failures, at this rate, Mclaren can overtake Ferrari in WCC in next few races.
Old 24th August 2008, 22:31   #2755
aZa
Senior - BHPian

damn!!!!! i missed this one, when is the repeat telecast????
Old 24th August 2008, 23:08   #2756
BANNED

A little of topic:
To come to think of it..
Kimi isnt really a champ! i think this is the least talked about champion in the past 10 year history of F1. He purely won that 07 season because of errors from other drivers in the last GP.

Race:
An awesome drive from massa throughout the race. Not even a single error. He makes it only 6points clear now from Lewis. At the rate he's going. This could go down to the wire.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:41   #2757
BANNED

Yes! This race was boring.
The track is a really good eyecandy but the action was too lame around it. With Massa pulling ahead strongly from Hamilton and others, it was very clear that he could easily win this one unless he runs into some trouble which he didn't.
Kimi was unlucky with his Ferrari failing this time. And earlier with a Pit error and accident. The way that mechanic went under the tire was shocking! Hope he survived without any serious injuries. Any news about this?

Both the Mclarens drove in a bit slower but steady pace. It seems they couldn't catch up with Massa's furious pace. I thought Hamilton will have a trick or two by the 2nd round of pits, but I was wrong. He was far slower than Massa.
He seemed to be less aggressive too.

But what is happening with Ferrari?
They've had some bad luck striking again and again.
Back to back engine failures!
Pit errors!
Pit mechanic accident!
Is it some signs of desperate measures?

Massa's pitlane error was put under investigation by race control. Then, I think they decided to postpone that till the race was completed.
To be very frank, I feel it to be a partial decision. I remember some scenarios similar to this (in not so far past years) when some other drivers were penalised with a drive thru/stop go etc.. Imagine the results if that had to happen today with Massa!
Old 25th August 2008, 01:23   #2758

Latest update and Final Timings.

Quote:

Source, The Official Formula 1 Website

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa celebrated his 100th Grand Prix and made up for his late-race disappointment in Hungary by dominating Sunday’s European Grand Prix at Valencia from start to finish.

However, his victory was only confirmed once stewards had investigated his second pit stop on lap 37, in which he was deemed to have been released unsafely into the path of Force India’s Adrian Sutil. It resulted in a reprimand for the Brazilian and a hefty €10,000 fine.

Really Disapointing to see Kimi go out..in a spectacular way nonetheless!! But all i can say is Bravo Filipe!!
Attached Thumbnails
The official F1 grand prix discussion & prediction thread. Post all predictions here.-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 25th August 2008 at 01:25.
Old 25th August 2008, 09:03   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
A little of topic:
To come to think of it..
Kimi isnt really a champ! i think this is the least talked about champion in the past 10 year history of F1. He purely won that 07 season because of errors from other drivers in the last GP.

Race:
An awesome drive from massa throughout the race. Not even a single error. He makes it only 6points clear now from Lewis. At the rate he's going. This could go down to the wire.
Anku

I think Kimi's going through what is probably champion's jinx in F1. With the exception of Michael Schumacher & Fernando Alonso, no driver has won more than 1 championship in the last 10 or 12 years. What's more, these champions have faded away into oblivion after winning the championship. Damon Hill, Mika Hakkinen & Jacques Villeneuve are the ones who immediately come to my mind. Fernando is probably the only one who can break this jinx but he needs a better car.

Krishnan
Old 25th August 2008, 10:08   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Massa's pitlane error was put under investigation by race control. Then, I think they decided to postpone that till the race was completed.
To be very frank, I feel it to be a partial decision. I remember some scenarios similar to this (in not so far past years) when some other drivers were penalised with a drive thru/stop go etc.. Imagine the results if that had to happen today with Massa!
Zak, if anything, it was the lollipop guy's mistake - why would Massa deserve a drive through or anything? I thought it was pretty fair - they did penalize him by way of a fine though.........
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks