Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 10:58   #2761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
I think Kimi's going through what is probably champion's jinx in F1.
Or is it that Ferrari knew something that we dont.Is Kimi going to call it quits at the end of this season,as widely reported?
Still not able to digest the fact that Massa has outdone Kimi this season.
Ferrari have their cups full now.They have to take a call and throw their weight behind one guy and it seems Massa is the better bet right now.But will he be consistent enough?
Old 25th August 2008, 11:28   #2762
Senior - BHPian

The race itself was an anti-climax after the build-up to the first ever GP at Valencia. Massa and Hamilton were a class apart and full marks to Kubica for his performance too.

Ferrari will be worried about their reliability and the pace at which Mclaren are catching them in the constructors leader board. They are missing the experience and leadership of Jean Todt this year and it is beginning to show.

Kimi seems to have gone to sleep. Unless he decides to wake up at the next race, it could be all over for him. He has done it before, making up 17 points in 2 races to win it last year. But to do that 2 years in succession is asking too much. Maybe a rap on the head from Schumy would help..
Old 25th August 2008, 11:33   #2763
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
damn!!!!! i missed this one, when is the repeat telecast????
Trust me, you didn't miss much. It would take a really bland race to bore me, I even loved Monaco this year. But the European / Spanish GP was a sleeping pill. Except for Kimi's pitstop debacle, there wasn't a single exciting moment in the race. Considering that Bernie receives flak for F1's lack of overtaking action, I am surprised the FIA even approved this street track for an F1 race. The race was devoid of any pitlane poker too!
Old 25th August 2008, 11:36   #2764
BHPian

Kimi's lost it yesterday and now ferrari have no other option rather than back massa for the championship. and what on the earth is kimi doing at the start of the race , every time some driver overtakes him at the start. This season i think kimi is the worst starter of the front liners.He should retire from formula one right now. He doesn't have the desire to win any more, and formula one is all about passion and will to win which kimi is lost it completely. R.I.P KIMI in formula one.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:41   #2765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Damon Hill, Mika Hakkinen & Jacques Villeneuve are the ones who immediately come to my mind. Fernando is probably the only one who can break this jinx but he needs a better car.
You know what? Hakk won the Championship twice, just like Alonso. He had trouble after that. Alonso is also not performing at the moment.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:59   #2766

Who ever who disagrees with me, it is your personal opinion. But Valencia has moved up to second place in my favourite Tracks list. What an amazing track it was!! especially the Third section of the track where you have the Left Right Left High Speed Chicane!! It was indeed a pleasure seeing thae cars go through that section of corners. In case anyone is wondering, Monaco Ranks num 1, Valencia 2, Spa 3, Monza 4, Indy 5.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:08   #2767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Zak, if anything, it was the lollipop guy's mistake - why would Massa deserve a drive through or anything? I thought it was pretty fair - they did penalize him by way of a fine though.........
Correct.
If a Ferrari driver is to be penalized(for the sake of Mclaren fans),it should have been Kimi for running over that poor fueller. But, since he was punished by that piston in his engine, FIA let him go.
Moreover, I've been able to predict FIA's judgement for quite a while. Its "for the Greater Good"
Old 25th August 2008, 15:43   #2768
BANNED

So, it's the lollipop guy's mistake which caused Massa's incident in the pits?
Then, why do I see the constructors points for Ferrari added in the tally? That should be subtracted atleast.
Partial! Partial! Partial!
Old 25th August 2008, 16:42   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
What an amazing track it was!! especially the Third section of the track where you have the Left Right Left High Speed Chicane!!
Cyrus what was so amazing about it?

Quote:
It was indeed a pleasure seeing thae cars go through that section of corners.
All in a row. One after the other. Following the starting grid.

But:

Quote:
In case anyone is wondering, Monaco Ranks num 1
This explains everything.
Old 27th August 2008, 02:44   #2770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Kimi's lost it yesterday and now ferrari have no other option rather than back massa for the championship. and what on the earth is kimi doing at the start of the race , every time some driver overtakes him at the start. This season i think kimi is the worst starter of the front liners.He should retire from formula one right now. He doesn't have the desire to win any more, and formula one is all about passion and will to win which kimi is lost it completely. R.I.P KIMI in formula one.
You obviously have no idea what starting from dirty side of the track means. In Valencia he started from P4 which is not on the racing line. Same thing happened in Hungary. Almost every one starting from the dirty side (P2, P4, P6 etc) lost position to those starting from cleaner side. This has nothing to do with any loss of desire to win.
If there is anything wrong with Kimi, it is his problem to qualify higher. He always likes to qualify with heavier fueled car which results in relatively lower grid positions. And this year the BMWs and the Toyotas are better than last year which puts his starting grid position at even greater risk.
To make matters worse, this year he has lost some vital points unncecessarily like in Canada and France. In Canada a blind Hamilton destroyed his race losing a potential 10 or 8 points and in France he lost 2 points. If you add up these he would be well ahead of Massa in the standings.
Old 27th August 2008, 08:21   #2771
BHPian

Hamilton explained that he wanted to prove that he was no “No2 driver”, whoever he was up against. “Put me next to Michael Schumacher and I am not No2 to him - that's what I was there last year to do, to show how good I am,” he said. “I did that, but this year I want to top that using my mind. My only focus is winning the World Championship.

source:Lewis Hamilton appeals to McLaren for a quick fix - Times Online

Good lord,How I wish Kimi wakesup from his deep slumber.Massa might lead the championship now,but with atleast 2 traditional wet tracks ahead,no high hopes on him.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:47   #2772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
You know what? Hakk won the Championship twice, just like Alonso. He had trouble after that. Alonso is also not performing at the moment.
I disagree. Alonso just was too surprised that Hamilton the '#2' driver was given as much importance as him. He let his pride get the better of him and moved to a 'B grade' team. Dug his own grave so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Hamilton explained that he wanted to prove that he was no “No2 driver”, whoever he was up against. “Put me next to Michael Schumacher and I am not No2 to him - that's what I was there last year to do, to show how good I am,” he said. “I did that, but this year I want to top that using my mind. My only focus is winning the World Championship.

source:Lewis Hamilton appeals to McLaren for a quick fix - Times Online
And what a focused job he is doing we must say. It would have been great to see Hami and Schumi going head to head in 1 season. Alas !
Old 7th September 2008, 19:06   #2773
BHPian

what an absolute stunner of a race. Probably the most electrifying last 4 laps of this season.

Just when you thought that the iceman was back, rain struck. Miserable luck for raikonnen.

Superb drive from hami
Old 7th September 2008, 19:08   #2774
Distinguished - BHPian

What an absolutely freaking awesome race!!

I think the season for Kimi is over. He should now get into #2 driver mode and support Massa.

Nice drive from Hamilton but I think today Kimi was better. It was just his bad luck that he didnt win.

The last 2 laps were the BEST I have ever seen in F1.
Old 7th September 2008, 19:09   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
“Put me next to Michael Schumacher and I am not No2 to him - that's what I was there last year to do, to show how good I am,”
What a big mouth.

Put him up against MS even now, he'll still learn a few tricks - if he shuts his mouth and opens his eyes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks