Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:49   #106
Senior - BHPian

Every fan has a right to defend his or her team. But that doesn't give them the right to belittle the opposite team's fan. Unfortunately a lot of immature statements at times can take a discussion/debate to a base level.

The whole point is that the FIA and stewards don't apply their rules uniformly Its like All teams are equal but some teams/drivers are more equal than others.

I feel so sorry for Vettel and Trulli. These are drivers with a lot of talent and have a great chance this year to prove themselves to be equal or better than the more famous counterparts. One is penalised for a racing incident and the other put through all sorts of nonsense.

Yup, Aditya.. there are/were some real professionals. One won his first WC by bumping his main contender out thus ensuring he won it. (Quiz question !!)
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:20   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I strongly object to these statements. I take offence at these statements. I'm a McLaren fan and I've supported Lewis's penalty if the FIA has found him guilty. Now I don't know what you have against McLaren and McLaren fans, but, there's no need to go over the top.

That's why he got caught. Ron was a novice cheater. Martin should have gone to the professionals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I'm forced to believe this is also part of the Ferrari-FIA nexus' tricks.

Now, it's easier to blame it on McLaren for any misdoings! Once a scapegoat, always a scapegoat!

Ofcourse, a mcLaren fan's blind view!
Its not intended to offend any Mclaren fans. But then, a hardcore Mclaren fan here raised a doubt that the Lewis Hamiton punishment yesterday was/may be a Ferrari-FIA trick!

So it was blind view of things from a Ferrari Fan!
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:52   #108
BANNED

So, just blame me for it and not the whole McLaren fans together as a blanket accuse.
Feels very cheap. :(

Anyway, the 2009 season started with lots of excitement and FIA has just proved that it can play spoil sport anytime.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

Was thinking you set the example for how a Mclaren fan's blind view would be!

Anyways, I was wrong and it was just you!
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:57   #110
BHPian

Hamilton could face much more severe action which might be any of the two
1. would be to suspend him from a further race or races
or 2. alternatively they could disqualify him from the Championship altogether.

Source: FIA not ruling out 'further action' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 3rd April 2009 at 09:58. Reason: source
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:22   #111
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Come on, Rubens is doing DC's job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Barrichello's age is catching up! He was driving like David Coultard, banging and colliding with everyone.
RB is the new DC lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Hamilton could face much more severe action which might be any of the two
1. would be to suspend him from a further race or races
or 2. alternatively they could disqualify him from the Championship altogether.
Liar Lewis! - no no, this is not said by me but Britain's top press to Lewis.

Its really sad to see something like this which disrepute the sport. Lewis tried to be very smart but proved to be extremely dumb!

I dont think all these suspensions and disqualify from championship will happen. But FIA should take strict action to bring them on earth something like 5 race bans? or disqualify from the championship!

Where is Dan when you need?

Last edited by F50 : 3rd April 2009 at 12:26.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:14   #112
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren suspends its sporting director Dave Ryan!

autosport.com - F1 News: McLaren confirms Ryan's suspension

Things are looking bad at Mclaren.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:44   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
But FIA should take strict action to bring them on earth something like 5 race bans? or disqualify from the championship!
Man, you had me in splits.
First of all, thought there is a provision for the action you have mentioned in the rules, the crime really isn't that serious.
Second, at the moment, F1 really can't afford to lose viewers. The sport is just about managing to keep afloat. Ferrari has the highest number of fans in the world. McLaren is next. Take McLaren out of the equation and the sport suffers. And I believe once all cars are equipped with KERS, the fight for the titles will be between Ferrari and McLaren.
On the other hand, if Lewis Hamilton is handed a ban, we will get to see how another driver performs in a McLaren. Then we can see how good Hamilton really is. Kovalainen really isn't on the same page.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Man, you had me in splits.
First of all, thought there is a provision for the action you have mentioned in the rules, the crime really isn't that serious.
Second, at the moment, F1 really can't afford to lose viewers. The sport is just about managing to keep afloat. Ferrari has the highest number of fans in the world. McLaren is next. Take McLaren out of the equation and the sport suffers. And I believe once all cars are equipped with KERS, the fight for the titles will be between Ferrari and McLaren.
On the other hand, if Lewis Hamilton is handed a ban, we will get to see how another driver performs in a McLaren. Then we can see how good Hamilton really is. Kovalainen really isn't on the same page.
I am no Mclaren fan, but i totally agree with the above statement. If they ban Lewis or Mclaren it will really hurt the sport. Though i dont know about the fight for the title being only between Mclaren and Ferrari, this year it seems everyones going to want to have a go at some glory. Atleast i hope.

They've already given Lewis and Mclaren a punishment and i think they should leave it at that. Lewis is oding wonders for the sport here in the UK, Brawn Gp fever might catch on, but Button will never get the fan following Lewis has. I would love to see De La Rosa in a race.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:50   #115
BANNED

Hamilton holds a press conference.

Lewis Hamilton does what he could've done a bit earlier.

Read more:
autosport.com - F1 News: Hamilton apologises for 'huge mistake'

He did what he was told to do.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:08   #116
BANNED

Here is the complete Q&A with Hamilton.

autosport.com - F1 News: Q & A with Lewis Hamilton
Contrary to what many thinks and makes out to be, he is NOT a liar. He is a true team player and did what he was told to do.

Last edited by speedzak : 3rd April 2009 at 18:09. Reason: Link
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:17   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Contrary to what many thinks and makes out to be, he is NOT a liar. He is a true team player and did what he was told to do.
Nobody disputes if he is a team player or not ,atleast in this episode.

The point is Mclaren asked Lewis to lie and he did exactly that,so dont understand your point when you say he isnt one.

Mclaren have been caught with their pants down in this incident,lets leave it at that and focus on the aspect that we all are much interested in - RACING
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:31   #118
BHPian

I am in total agreement with the FIA's decision with regards to the punishment handed down. However in my personal opinion a ban for the rest of the season will be too harsh.

In my opinion Hamilton should be given a suspended sentence, which basically means that if the same kind of episode is repeated within a certain period of time, it will lead to a harsher sentence.

I have officiated many an event and have found myself in sensitive situations, with regards to levying a penalty etc. I have treated every driver equally. Off the track he might be a good friend, but on the track, to me he is on an equal standing as every other driver is. And thats the way it should be.

As Jraj has suggested, let us forget about this incident and focus on the future races. The season has just begun and promises to be an exciting one ahead.

Cheers.
Old 3rd April 2009, 20:00   #119
BHPian

Previously Hammy also knew about red car IP on mclaren. But he choose to remain silent. No wonder he is team player but he just cant get away everytime. They manage to find a scapegoat everytime to save the wonder boy.
Old 3rd April 2009, 20:01   #120
BHPian

I have a feeling that Dave Ryan is just a scapegoat so that mclaren can escape.

When spygate happened only alonso and dela rosa knew about the stream of data coming from stepeny. Lewis knew nothing. finally they blamed everything on certain mr Coughlan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks