Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 08:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I have a feeling that Dave Ryan is just a scapegoat so that mclaren can escape.

When spygate happened only alonso and dela rosa knew about the stream of data coming from stepeny. Lewis knew nothing. finally they blamed everything on certain mr Coughlan.
+1 to that!

Mclaren is trying to make it look like Dave Ryan did something without the knowledge of Whitmarsh & Ron!

What a joke!
Old 4th April 2009, 10:58   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I have a feeling that Dave Ryan is just a scapegoat so that mclaren can escape.
+100

Everytime McLaren is in trouble, someone in the team gets blamed and fired.

Why dont they look at the bigger picture and just state what all of us can see - that it is the TEAM that lies, steals and cheats consistently.

They keep breaking rules and either claim ignorance or claim that it wasnt the team but an employee that cheated.

Why do they assume that the rules are applicable to everyone but them?
Old 4th April 2009, 13:16   #123
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
+100

Everytime McLaren is in trouble, someone in the team gets blamed and fired.

Why dont they look at the bigger picture and just state what all of us can see - that it is the TEAM that lies, steals and cheats consistently.

They keep breaking rules and either claim ignorance or claim that it wasnt the team but an employee that cheated.

Why do they assume that the rules are applicable to everyone but them?
Exactly!

This is what Bernie said - "Dave Ryan is only an employee. Does he act on his own?"

So tomorrow if some says to Lewis on radio "Drive into the Ferrari garage mate" I expect Lewis to do that. What an obedient child! Anthony uncle would be so proud of him.
Old 4th April 2009, 16:44   #124
BHPian

To put it in his Hamilton's own words, LH doesn't have the BA**S to tell the truth. I wonder what's happening at McLaren. This isn't the first time they been caught lying.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

Bad News for All Mclaren Fans!

autosport.com - F1 News: McLaren parts company with Ryan

Dave Ryan is fired!

autosport.com - F1 News: McLaren summoned by FIA's WMSC

Mclaren summoned by FIA!

Things are not looking good for Mclaren & company!
Old 7th April 2009, 22:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari Fans are

@anachronix - Thanks for the Links!

P.S: Please don't flame me! I am a hard-core Ferrari fan!
Old 7th April 2009, 22:15   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
P.S: Please don't flame me! I am a hard-core Ferrari fan!
Then you should be more interested in Ferrari winning rather than McLaren's misfortunes. If I were you, I'd be interested in what went wrong at Malaysia for Ferrari more than anything else.
Remember, a win is sweet only when there are other teams with similar budgets and capabilities on the track. Otherwise, you're only gonna get a farce like the US GP. Beat Jordan and Minardi and be happy.
Old 7th April 2009, 23:47   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Then you should be more interested in Ferrari winning rather than McLaren's misfortunes. If I were you, I'd be interested in what went wrong at Malaysia for Ferrari more than anything else.
Remember, a win is sweet only when there are other teams with similar budgets and capabilities on the track. Otherwise, you're only gonna get a farce like the US GP. Beat Jordan and Minardi and be happy.
I am cheered up by the well deserved trouble Mclaren is into, but should we really call it misfortunes?

Is it not something that the team got into all by itself!?

The Spy Scandal, the information was at the level where it could reach the driver & windtunnel @ Mclaren. If the management was serious enough about integrity & spirit of the sport they would have put Stepney in hot seat for trouble. But did it happen? It was only when the Xerox guy blew the whistle the whole world including Ferrari came to know about spying! Not a misfortune of a team in my books!

The recent Australian controversy! Trulli slid off the track, Hamilton took Trulli's position. Later, Trulli took the position back with/without the consent of Hamilton, but the team was anyway ready to let Trulli pass Hamilton. The joke happens when Mclaren wanted a clarification on the overtaking by Trulli from the stewards giving them misleading part info. And they are finally here in front of the WMSC! Is it misfortune of a team. Its poor management & lack of integrity!
Old 8th April 2009, 00:06   #129
Team-BHP Support

For what they have done or not done McLaren have got enough punishment. Anything more is just pushing the matter too far.
Any amount of punishment for McLaren will be just too little in your view because you are a known McLaren hater. I look at things in a different way.
Old 8th April 2009, 01:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For what they have done or not done McLaren have got enough punishment. Anything more is just pushing the matter too far.
For fans, perhaps. However, a team that lies and cheats (or, to be politically correct, encourages to lie and cheat) with such consistency should have punitive action taken against them. Once is fine, but to do so over and over again only shows their contempt for rules.

Quote:
I look at things in a different way.
As a Ferrari hater?
Old 8th April 2009, 08:20   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
As a Ferrari hater?
Nopes.
For a minute think I was a Ferrari fan. Does action against Hamilton / McLaren in the Trulli incident benefit Ferrari in any way? I don't think so. Still no points are scored. If I'm happy, it'll give the impression that I'm more of a McLaren hater than a Ferrari fan. In any case, there are many other teams to worry about this year. McLaren is way down the list.
Back to the issue. Some Ferrari fans are quick to jump to Trulli's defence and keep on harping about the incident when I don't see any Ferrari being even close to affair. How come no one is saying against Kubica? He did something far worse to Vettel. Is it because Kubica is not Hamiton? Is it because he's not driving a McLaren?
When Bernie flamed McLaren after the lying incident, articles found their way to the forum very quickly. Everyone at McLaren including Ron Dennis (who is not even actively involved any more) was branded a villian. How come nothing was posted when Bernie said Ron is not a liar and could not have known anything about the it?
These actions seem much more like those of McLaren haters rather than those of Ferrari fans.
As far as Ferrari goes, there's a lot going on regarding Michael Schumacher and the controversial tyre decision and his possible link with Brawn GP. If one wants to think in a bad way, many possibilities can be worked out. No Ferrari fan has brought that up. For other teams' fans, bringing up such an issue is pointless because it would not benefit the teams they support.
I for one, am no Ferrari hater. Yes, sometimes I do like to irritate F50, Dippy and Viddy with comments off the forum because they are my close friends. But, I know very well that without Ferrari or for that matter any other team, the sport will suffer and the championship will be a lot less interesting for me. And as a McLaren fan, I'm more interested in the team's progress rather than being happy with Ferrari's problems.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:02   #132
BHPian

Quote:
How come no one is saying against Kubica? He did something far worse to Vettel. Is it because Kubica is not Hamiton? Is it because he's not driving a McLaren?
I think you missed the point completely,Aditya.Its no longer about the car but about the man behind the wheels.
IMO,I think he gained more haters than admirer's in his 2 years in F1 so far.

Even when Schumi & Ferrari were struggling in 2005,I did feel the pain when Kimi\Mclaren had those numerous reliability issues and lost.But I think all that changed with Lewis and the way Mclaren managed him - so yes,maybe it has turned to blind hate for LEWIS\Mclaren,atleast for me.

Here,I think we see so much posts,as Ferrari vs Mclaren battles are inevitable :-)
I havent yet forgotten how Woking worshippers rubbed it hard against Tiffosi's when Lewis won WDC in 2008.Now that we have got them red handed,its our turn to rub it in - pretty much evens out,isnt it?
Old 8th April 2009, 15:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

Taking the high road

I rather not comment on the soup that McLaren are in and also Ferrari's strategy at Malaysia.

Its quite a different feeling to see a different team dominating the sport that was till last year Ferrari, McLaren hegemony.

Very happy to see Brawn, Toyota, Red Bull and Williams doing well.

14th April is the date when the D (diffusor) gang and others will know about the legality of their solution. I really don't know what would be the outcome and that itself is thrilling enough.

Cheers
Old 9th April 2009, 11:44   #134
Senior - BHPian

Race bans possible for McLaren - Bernie!

Formula 1 complete - all access F1 - Race bans possible for McLaren - Bernie

Quote:
Apr.8 (GMM) It is possible McLaren will be banned from a number of races should the World Motor Sport Council take a dim view of the 'lie-gate' scandal at the April 29 meeting.

Bernie Ecclestone told the UK newspaper Express that the serious charge of lying to stewards and bringing the sport into disrepute is worsened by McLaren's recent trouble over espionage.

"It is never good for anyone if you are back in court quickly for something similar," the F1 chief executive said.

The FIA body has essentially unlimited powers: from race bans, total exclusion from the championship, to draconian financial penalties, like the $100m fine levied against McLaren in 2007 for spying.

Ecclestone admitted that McLaren figures lying to the stewards to have Jarno Trulli penalised amounted to "fraud".

"There are many options open if the charge sticks and it would be a terrible thing if any team were banned from races. But it could happen," he said.

In 2005, BAR-Honda was banned for two races for fielding a trick fuel tank.
Its Bernie's crap anyways. Lets see what the WMSC has got for Mclaren on the 29th.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:51   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Formula 1 complete - all access F1 - Race bans possible for McLaren - Bernie

Its Bernie's crap anyways. Lets see what the WMSC has got for Mclaren on the 29th.
I fear for them, I really do. It was my fav team till Mika and Kimi were there.
If another fine like the one they got in 2007 is levied I doubt the team would be able to survive.

At time I do feel its witch hunt against them.
There are rumors that Mercedes is not pleased with this entire lie-gate.

Hiren

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks