Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 18:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thats an unexpected result! Too bad that the Ferrari's could not make it!
Hats off to Brawn GP! Splendid performance in their debut!
Old 29th March 2009, 22:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't watch the race today, but what a shocking start to 2009 season!

Well done Team Brawn GP!

I guess this season will be one of the most fiercely contested one.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:50   #63
F50
Senior - BHPian

Ross Brawn played a major role in bringing up Ferrari to a dominating level. Im not surprised to see this team dominate after all its his own team! Great going Ross!
Wish he was the team principal at Ferrari! Congrats to Brawn GP.

Race - Somewhat good race but got boring half way through.

Barrichello's age is catching up! He was driving like David Coultard, banging and colliding with everyone.
Sad sad sad to see Vettel loose out and so did Kubica.
Good that Hamilton didnt make it to the podium. Trulli deserved it!
Ferrari well, I just hope they recover.
Old 30th March 2009, 04:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

F1 is fun again

Great race and phenominal amount of overtaking. THe new rules are really working to bring entertainment back to the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
By the look of things, Brawn GP will do the bulk of winning, while the rest have to settle for Brawny points
Brawn (or should I say Brawnson) GP obviously figured out how to make the car work with the new rules... better than the others but I expect the usual to runners M and F to be back on top by the time the show moves to Europe.
Old 30th March 2009, 05:58   #65
BANNED

He did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Good that Hamilton didnt make it to the podium.
He did!
autosport.com - F1 News: Trulli penalised, Hamilton gets third

Man! It would've been so nice if this result would've been declared earlier.

Jokes apart, he was indeed lucky and very lucky to reach there. But this is what racing is all about. An amazing start to the season. BOY! I'm luvin it.
Old 30th March 2009, 08:03   #66
Team-BHP Support

I don;t see how Trulli deserved a podium finish more than Lewis. When Hamilton caught up with Vettel's badly damaged car, the Safety Car was already deployed. At that point in time, Trulli was behind Lewis.It means clearly that Trulli overtook under the Safety Car, which is against the rules.
Wasn't it dangerous driving when Kubica pulled off that move on Vettel? Wasn't it silly and dangerous that Vettel continued on three wheels in a badly mangled car spilling debris all over the track? I bet if Hamilton was in one of these situations, you would have gone for his throat. Dude, stop being obsessed with the guy.
Old 30th March 2009, 08:53   #67
BHPian

Looks like KERS didnt make any much impact.

I was feeling gutted for Vettel, He drove a brilliant race.
I think the fault was more with Kubica than Vettel and Vettel has got grid penaltiy for the next race

Impressive debut by Sebastian Beumi.

McLaren appear to have the pace for race.

Both Ferrari boys seems they cannot do anything much if the cars are not on pole. Also goof up on startegy. Eversince Ross Brawn left Ferrari, startegy goof ups are pretty common for the read team.

The 2009 cars looks soo ugly, i think it will take few races to get used to.

And finally what a race Bravo Brawn.
Old 30th March 2009, 09:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Undoutedly,one of the best season debuts and for Brawn GP and British euphoria,it was just a celebration.Would have loved to see Hamilton on Podium and begin his season for title defense.
Old 30th March 2009, 10:36   #69
BHPian

Brawn has put up an unbelievable pace. May continue to do so even for the nexr race. But I think things may change a little after Barcelona as either the teams using the controversial diffusers may be have to stop using them or other team will start using them as Renault's Flavio Briatore pointed out. My prediction is, by mid season, cars with KERS will start having slight advantage.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:36   #70
BHPian

Good race .. amazing run by Brawn GP & Button , vettel unlucky this time around .. and looks like Toro rosso is going to finish with some decent points on the table . Poor race statergy by Ferrari and Kimi seems to have lost his magic touch and both the Ferrari cars were strugling to keep pace . Hamilition lucky to finish 4th ,however i will support Massa to win this season ...
Old 30th March 2009, 13:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

I had to miss this race. Looks like a terrific start to the new season. Congrats Brawn & congrats to you too Mr. mallya, getting close to the points now.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Brawn has put up an unbelievable pace. May continue to do so even for the nexr race. But I think things may change a little after Barcelona as either the teams using the controversial diffusers may be have to stop using them or other team will start using them as Renault's Flavio Briatore pointed out. My prediction is, by mid season, cars with KERS will start having slight advantage.
I think Rubens somewhere quoted that his cars diffuser was broken in the first corner incident.

If that is how it was, then Brawns pace is serious, without KERS and diffuser, Rubens has taken 2nd spot.

Hats off to the Brawn guys.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
I think Rubens somewhere quoted that his cars diffuser was broken in the first corner incident.

If that is how it was, then Brawns pace is serious, without KERS and diffuser, Rubens has taken 2nd spot.

Hats off to the Brawn guys.
Quote from Rubens
".... but one thing we can say is that with the crash if people think that our car is only good because of the diffuser, well, that big hit from behind broke the diffuser completely. The car was very strong after that. It didn’t have a fantastic pace as the temperature dropped but it had a pace, so still a good car after all."

Don't know how much KERS was used by others. Would be interesting to see how the season progresses.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:57   #74
BHPian

Vettel is the guy to look forward to. Sad that he couldn't finish. But its for sure that the race was quite interesting because of the new rules!
Old 30th March 2009, 14:08   #75
gpa
Senior - BHPian

A Brawn GP one-two?? Who would have thought that two weeks ago. Also, we must remember that it was Ross Brawn's move to Ferrari that turned around the fortunes of the team. He was also instrumental in Micheal Schumacher's impressive form.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks