Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 11:23   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last

Did a 510kms ride with some stretches of enthusiastic driving and some stretches of utter bumper to bumper ride. MID showed a FE of 10.7kmpl. Actual diesel filled was exactly 51L. QID = 10kmpl. This costed me exactly 2500 bucks in Delhi so cost per km comes to Rs. 4.90/-. Maintainence cost as it is are negligible till date. Quite good for a car this class and size. 3rd 15k service due soon. The ASC told me it would cost around 800 bucks.

On my 70km ride back to Meerut yesterday, the sedate driving showed a MID figure of 13.2kmpl.

Last edited by dkaile : 24th April 2013 at 11:30.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:49   #317
Senior - BHPian

15000 kms 4th Service (1st Paid Service) Report. 15-05-2013, 14,700km on the Odo -

1 year and 9 months into ownership and the Falcon was nearing the 15k mark. Had already received 2-3 phone calls from the dealership to get it serviced. Was delaying it as mileage had not been fully completed. So today at 14,700 kms on the odo, finally decided it was time to get the 4th service done.

Here's how it went -

* Point of Concern - They had NOT done the 'Propeller Shaft Greasing' as prescribed in the manual on Page no. 282 on the last service which has to be done every 10000kms. So shot a email one day before hand to Toyota HQ's and also lodged a official complaint with them on phone to get the ASC ready with proper equipment and procedure to get it done. Also shot a phone call to the GM (Service) at the ASC (Grand Toyota, Meerut) to get it done tomorrow at all costs as last time he was still searching for the grease gun!!

- So on reaching the dealership at 11.30 am today, the GM was literally waiting for me with the 'grease gun' in hand... lolz. Nothing much else had to be done in this service. I showed him the detailed photos of what to do (Thanks to Herr' Generale' Guderian). So first and foremost the nozzles were detected (6 in all, 3 in the front shaft and 3 in the rear) and the grease was pumped in -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_2.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_1.jpg

That done; rest these works were undertaken -

1. Front disc brakes were checked for wear and adjusted for bite.
2. Air Filter and Cabin AC Filter were cleaned.
3. Oil and fluids were checked.
4. Propeller Shaft greasing was done.
5. Full body wash including underbody.
6. 3M treatment for tyres, engine bay, glassware etc. included in service.
7. Tyre pressure adjusted to 30 psi. Incidentally all the 4 tyres had a pressure of 32 psi which were filled by my LIMI tyre inflator. So it seems that LIMI is over inflating by 2 psi.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_3.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_4.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_5.jpg

Total damages were 790/- bucks (700 for general service and rest taxes; no other charges). That's dirt cheap for a car costing about 27 lacs on-road now. I was out of the dealership by 01.30 p.m. I stood on their heads throughout despite their protests. Had a nice chit chat and taught a thing or two to their GM.

Here's how it looks on arriving back home, as fresh as the day I bought it -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_6.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-15k-servicing-15052013_7.jpg

Cheers for now...

Last edited by dkaile : 15th May 2013 at 17:07.
dkaile is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 17:19   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
1. So first and foremost the nozzles were detected (6 in all, 3 in the front shaft and 3 in the rear) and the grease was pumped in -

2...pressure of 32 psi which were filled by my LIMI tyre inflator. So it seems that LIMI is over inflating by 2 psi.
1. Nice to hear that and about time too !

2. How far is the ASC from your place ? Typically what happens is that when one tops up the tyres with the tyre inflators at home - the tyres are in cold condition. And tyres are meant to betopped/ filled up in cold condition. By the time one drives to the ASC the tyres heat up and at the readings at the ASC show a higher value. Any driving above 4-5 KMs of distance can alter the reading quite a bit. So may be you can try and re-check it in the cold condition with another gauge and come to a conclusion on the LIMI gauge's calibration. The LIMI inflator's gauge I have over-reads the pressure by 2 PSI. So I fill it up to 34PSI to reach an actual level of 32 PSI, which is my preferred tyre pressure level.

Last edited by Guderian : 15th May 2013 at 17:24.
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 17:25   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
2. How far is the ASC from your place ? Typically what happens is that when one tops up the tyres with the tyre inflators at home - the tyres are in cold condition. And tyres are meant to betopped/ filled up in cold condition. By the time one drives to the ASC the tyres heat up and at the readings at the ASC show a higher value. Any driving above 4-5 KMs of distance can alter the reading quite a bit. So may be you can try and re-check it in the cold condition with another gauge and come to a conclusion on the LIMI gauge's calibration. The gauge I have under reads the pressure by 2 PSI. So I fill it up to 34PSI to reach an actual level of 32 PSI, which is my preferred pressure level.
Thanks Herr' Generale'...

Well, the ASC is about 10-12kms from my residence. But it was standing still and getting washed for nearly 1 hour before the tyre pressure was checked. So I could in fact call it cold tyre pressure only. Will cross check and update further as per your suggestions. The ride does get bumpy at 2psi above normal. So I prefer 30 psi as ideal.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 18:28   #320
BANNED

Quote:
15000 kms 4th Service (1st Paid Service) Report. 15-05-2013, 14,700km on the Odo -

1 year and 9 months into ownership and the Falcon was nearing the 15k mark. Had already received 2-3 phone calls from the dealership to get it serviced. Was delaying it as mileage had not been fully completed. So today at 14,700 kms on the odo, finally decided it was time to get the 4th service done.
15K in 20 months? That is pretty low for a Fortuner.
Most examples I have seen have crosses 60K in a couple of years. Look like most of your travel is handled by the Superb!
Old 15th May 2013, 19:30   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
15K in 20 months? That is pretty low for a Fortuner.
Most examples I have seen have crosses 60K in a couple of years. Look like most of your travel is handled by the Superb!
Nothing like that. Both are nearly equally run. The Superb too has just finished 10k in 13 months. That's the pleasure/curse of owning multiple cars, both of which urge you to drive them and not the other...
Old 15th May 2013, 19:44   #322
Senior - BHPian

[quote]both of which urge you to drive them and not the other../QUOTE]

I agree dkaile!

The details and the information on your TFORT ownership is very useful for me as a future customer for it. Thank you and keep it flowing!

Happy motoring!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 07:45   #323
BHPian

Quote:
I showed him the detailed photos of what to do (Thanks to Herr' Generale' Guderian).
That's a great idea! I will surely do this for my 10K service. I hope the DSK Toyota guys here are aware of what needs to be done. They do generally seem to be a competent bunch of guys, but you never know. Thanks for the tip
venkat_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 14:13   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Will cross check and update further as per your suggestions.
2. The ride does get bumpy at 2psi above normal. So I prefer 30 psi as ideal.
1. Will be nice to see whether there are (+) or (-) variations in the measurements across the various inflators.
But for this little issue I think the LIMI is doing great. Has completed 3 years with me and to my mind it is a delightful piece of machine - Made in India thankfully !

2. I like the taut ride of 32 PSI. To my senses (and bottom shall I dare say !) 30 PSI is bit of a soggy ride.

And yes, dkaile - before I forget - welcome to the geriatric ward of TBHP - LTOR sub-forum. Though you ambled in a little early. But you did the right thing - who knows with the hordes waiting to be let in you may never get a bed when you want it the most.

Last edited by Guderian : 16th May 2013 at 14:18.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 08:54   #325
Senior - BHPian

Basking in the sunrise at the tennis courts -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-toyota-fortuner-17052013-alexander-club.jpg
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 21:52   #326
Senior - BHPian

Got an offer from Blaupunkt for installing their New York 800 AV system into the Fortuner -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-new-york-800_1.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-new-york-800_2.jpg

Quote:
I would like to thank you for your kind interest shown in Blaupunkt’s Car Audio Systems and also referring to our telecon related to our Products for your Skoda and Fortuner Car.
We would like to inform you about our Multimedia Navigation product PHILADELPHIA specially made for Skoda Cars. I have also attached the pdf file having details about the Philadelphia as well as some pictures of
Philadelphia installed in Skoda Superb Car.
For your Fortuner Car we have the Multimedia Navigation New York, details of features attached with the mail.
The Best Price offered for your Car are given below-
#PHILADELPHIA- MRP-Rs 49990/-, Offered Price- Rs 41500/-
#NEW YORK- MRP-Rs 39990/- , Offered Price- Rs 31500/-
Labour Charges for installation arranged from Open Market- Rs 2000/

Freundliche Grüße Best regards

Gaurav Saxena

Blaupunkt India Private Limited
The pdf file of the details/specs is too large to be attached here. I can send on request if anyone's interested. PM me for that.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 17:26   #327
BHPian

Coming here after a long time. Nice to see the Falcon shining in morning light .

Just wanted to ask what maps does this New York 800 support ?
Old 20th May 2013, 17:43   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Just wanted to ask what maps does this New York 800 support ?
They are providing latest version of Map My India maps on sd card along with the systems. The steering controls are also included with the New York 800 to get OE feel. He is also informing me shortly of the cost of OE reverse camera (which is now coming fitted on the New model of Fortuner) which will be integrated with this system.

PS - I also found this wireless camera specially made for the Fortuner on ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WIRELESS-...-/150994223515

Last edited by dkaile : 20th May 2013 at 17:47.
Old 20th May 2013, 20:31   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are providing latest version of Map My India maps on sd card along with the systems. The steering controls are also included with the New York 800 to get OE feel.
hi Dkaile,

Seems to be a good deal on that price point with all the features provided.

Any decision swings?
Old 21st May 2013, 11:59   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Seems to be a good deal on that price point with all the features provided.

Any decision swings?
Yes, surely does. Still thinking...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks