Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 19:07   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi dkaile,
Bahut dukh hua yeh khabhar sunke. Afsos ke Falcon ke bumper aur aapke dil ko gehri chot puhunchi.
Umeed rakhta hoon ki sthiti niyantran mein hai.

Hope you didn't abuse your cute Labby (whose snap I recall a few snaps ago...) in Dharam-paaji's standard dialogue - "Saa** Kutte main tera khoon pee jaoonga !"

Seriously now - I would suggest just get a brush touch up done with a matching paint - Toyota Mica Silver - (Dupli-Color Code IF7) and leave it at that. Don't do anything beyond that - like filling and covering etc or painting the entire bumper !
Alternately you could look at fixing large strips of silver coloured bumper protectors on it. That would work well too.
Do let me know of the developments.
You had me in rips there Herr' Generale' because that is exactly what happened in Dharam Paaji style. Hope Menaka Gandhi is not prowling TBhp. However no dogs were (physically) harmed in writing this post.
Seriously though, I went to Dupli-Colour site and its 12.99$ and the colour code is 1F7 but there is no way they are shipping to India. Any ways to procure this 2in1 ScratchFix locally here in India? I would be most obliged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
I noticed that the falcon is yet to be badged with T-BHP; suggest you can also patch-up the area with a nice T-BHP sticker.
See..it can be a win-win situation for the both of you!

And about your dogs, do keep a few pungent sprays handy (like the spray used to prevent the dogs from hurting themselves while scratching their ears or body, due to mites, etc.). You may spray the probable areas where you think the dogs may dig into the falcon. This will dissuade them.
cheers
Thanks for the suggestions Monaro. Will try to see if the stickers can be fitted there after the scratches are touched up.

Last edited by dkaile : 21st September 2011 at 19:22.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:36   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Seriously though, I went to Dupli-Colour site and its 12.99$ and the colour code is 1F7 but there is no way they are shipping to India. Any ways to procure this 2in1 ScratchFix locally here in India? I would be most obliged.
Hi dkaile,
Normally get it myself. But then last time dot got it for me- a nearby shade - Toyota Silver Mist (Ty 01602) in 2in1 Scratchfix version. This would work well for bumpers and cladding.
Check with some of the local paint chaps though I doubt it very much. But the best that can be done is brush touch up by the Toyota ASC.
If someone known to me is going across to the US shall ask them to get a couple of sticks for you and me.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 19:40   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi dkaile,
Normally get it myself. But then last time dot got it for me- a nearby shade - Toyota Silver Mist (Ty 01602) in 2in1 Scratchfix version. This would work well for bumpers and cladding.
Check with some of the local paint chaps though I doubt it very much. But the best that can be done is brush touch up by the Toyota ASC.
If someone known to me is going across to the US shall ask them to get a couple of sticks for you and me.
I also found this Genuine Toyota Touch-Up paint with applicator here which looks OEM and more interesting - Genuine Toyota Touch-Up Paint Classic Silver Mica Color Code 1F7
But again they are not shipping to India.

It's specifications reads as -
Toyota Touch-Up Paint
Classic Silver Mica Color Code 1F7 1/2 oz. Tube
Genuine Toyota® Brand Item# 00258-001F7

Product Specifications:
Container: Aluminum tube w/Plastic screw top
Applicator: Screw-on cap w/pen tip & Built-in applicator brush
Color: Classic Silver Mica
Size: 1/2 ounce
Quantity: One tube

Product Features:
Simple brush-on application
Scion Classic Silver Mica Color Code 1F7
Covers ugly rock nicks & chips
Defends against further damage
Toyota original paint

Last edited by dkaile : 21st September 2011 at 19:41.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:48   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also found this Genuine Toyota Touch-Up paint with applicator here which looks OEM
Hi dakile,
This is the exact version that I have get in terms of the applicator type - but from Dupli-Color. I don't use the spray. This is what Dupli-Color calls the 2in1 Scratchfix.
Shall post snaps of what I have on my thread on the weekend.
Having used D-C for a long time and they are the market leaders - on my part I don't trust any other brand !
Old 21st September 2011, 21:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shall post snaps of what I have on my thread on the weekend.
OK...so my weekend begins on a Monday and ends on a Sunday and so was able to put up the snaps as promised !
Have a dekko here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-sails-85.html
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 14:00   #171
Senior - BHPian

The bumper scratch was touched up complimentary at the A-S-S . Here's how it looks now -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-bumper-scratch-touched.jpg

Now the Falcon looks like a rough bearded Scarface... lolz. Went to my Friendly Neighborhood Paintwallah. He is an expert and all his disciples are working at the Toyota A-S-S. Asked him to paint that area up. He said the cost would be about 700 bucks for OE finish (about 2K at the A-S-S) but he too desisted me from getting it painted. He advised that as it was hardly visible and one had to break his back to really see it, there was no sense getting it done. I argued that it was being visible to me but he advised that as I was conscious of it's existence and my eyes automatically went to that spot. He suggested it was 'nazarbattoo' which will ward off further evil Lol. So the matter end's there for the time being...
Old 26th September 2011, 14:58   #172
Senior - BHPian

BTW, I forgot to mention that Chewbacca (Buzo) was extremely apologetic for the damage he did to HIS Millennium Falcon

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-buzo-apologising2.jpg

Last edited by dkaile : 26th September 2011 at 15:20.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 17:50   #173
Senior - BHPian

Finally the Falcon got its long over-due stickering after the post monsoon waxing. Some snaps of the graduation party and some random parts shots -

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-live-drive.jpg
We 'Live to Drive'

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-tbhp-stickers-back.jpg
The Stickered Rear. Note the one on the Number Plate.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-tbhp-stickers-front.jpg
Isn't that a Classic Front! It got stickered on the front plate too.
Now doesn't this front look much better than some of the garish ones just launched? It will live forever in the Classic Hall of Fame...

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-front-fogs-made-thailand.jpg
The Front Fogs. Note the 'Made in Thailand' embossing.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-projector-headlamps.jpg
Now that's a PROJECTOR! Does it need MID's? Anyone?

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-projector-headlamps-both.jpg
The Dual Lamps. Another cue in design.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-diesel-filler.jpg
Thank GOD, its a DIESEL! Everyone's feeling the pinch.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-diesel-filler-inside.jpg
The Filler Lid from the Inside. I don't know how many Indian Manufacturers will be able to give this 'attention to detail' on each and every part's quality.

Last edited by dkaile : 1st October 2011 at 18:01.
Old 1st October 2011, 19:15   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally the Falcon got its long over-due stickering after the post monsoon waxing. Some snaps of the graduation party and some random parts shots -
@dkaile - The Falcon seems to be grinning ear to ear after the shine. Looks great. I can even see Chewbacca in the snap - it is shining so much.

By the way was this Formula 1 wax or something else at the Toyota A$$.
Old 1st October 2011, 22:17   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
By the way was this Formula 1 wax or something else at the Toyota A$$.
Thank you Amit ji. It was indeed the Formula 1 Wax done at home by my trusted Man Friday (Manoj). He scorned though, that he has yet to touch the steering wheel of the Falcon and I advised him to stick to the Qualis for the time being. Lolz.

Thanks for the sharp eye which noticed Chewbacca in the reflection (I had missed that) who was chewing something in the background and that too after all he did to the Falcon.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:12   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Note the one on the Number Plate.
Hi dkaile, I don't want to spoil the fun but I think you better remove those stickers quite some people I know have been pulled up as it is not allowed to paste stickers on the number plate.

Though I doubt if anyone will have the courage to pull you over with you owning that beast with a special number!
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:01   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Hi dkaile, I don't want to spoil the fun but I think you better remove those stickers quite some people I know have been pulled up as it is not allowed to paste stickers on the number plate.

Though I doubt if anyone will have the courage to pull you over with you owning that beast with a special number!
I was not aware that I was breaking any rules and nor was it my intention. I presume it should not cause any issues as long as the Licence Number is clearly legible. I have seen many/most car dealers plaster their names/logos on the Licence plates. Going by that logic, I am not even sure whether any such stickers can be stuck on the any portion of the car at all which may be construed as distracting (Lolz, this will make all TBhp stickering redundant). However you are quite correct in your latter observations.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd October 2011 at 14:03.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:21   #178
BHPian

Hey hey dkaile!
So finally the Falcon has been officially commissioned into Team-BHP!
I've got the similar LTD sticker on my Truck too.

On a different note:
Been wanting to ask you for some time: I haven't noticed any difference in the volume levels, even after setting the ASL to High, during my drives.
Am I missing out on something?
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:54   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
I've got the similar LTD sticker on my Truck too.

On a different note:
Been wanting to ask you for some time: I haven't noticed any difference in the volume levels, even after setting the ASL to High, during my drives.
Am I missing out on something?
Thanks Monaro ji. The ASL works quite well in fact. Set it to high. Drive and as your speeds increase so will the sound level of the music automatically and vice-versa. There will however be no visible display on the screen of the music system but audible difference is remarkable at HIGH level especially above 60kmph. As soon as the speed drops, the music level too drops which is audibly distinct.

----------------

On my recent trip to Moradabad I struggled to get past 130kmph and that too on a TOLL ROAD. The reason being that before I hit 120~130kmph (which was in a jiffy btw) some dog/tangewala/bullock cart etc. came into my path and I had to drop the accelerator, and that too on a TOLL ROAD. Some Manufacturers are giving Cruise Control in their vehicles going by the horde mentality, so how will we use the cruise control here?? It will lead to more accidents than utility.

As I commented on another post, somethings which may work internationally sometimes don't work in India. I have got leather in my Falcon, but I feel the high quality Velvet Fabric ones in My Corolla were far more practical and comfortable for North India's heat, just a personal choice. Same way Black colour in cars was never preferred in India due to the heat (and religious reasons) but it is an international favorite. Likewise heated seats and ORVM's are useless in India but some manufacturers still give them. Cruise Control is therefore also one thing which will not work here but horde mentality forces our manufacturers to give them.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:25   #180
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dkaile,

Congrats on your Fortuner! It would be a lasting pleasure for the coming many years.

I do wish the following features were present in the Fortuner: Brake Assist, EBD, ESP, Hill accent / descent control.

In addition to this the console should be more luxurious. :-) as its a 25 lacs car!

I am trying to shorten the length of the gear lever as I find it too long, much like a truck gear lever. This would give a sporty feel when driving.

Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks